Season 11 - Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    Lol! 'Twas a heady race, Race 2, and there was much bumping and "different line taking"...I'll repeat my ontrack message from last night, just to reiterate "if anyone has any problem with any of my passing moves, please refer to mods...", and I'll stand by it, come what may...but enough admin and politics...
    Race 1: Scrounged Pole late in Quali with a 51.410, just sqeazing @disturboed into 2nd...he clocked 51.440 so there was eff all in it...mighty close! Off the line I tried to stay in front and just ease away if at all possible...this was not possible as I wobbled a couple, and disturboed was on my hammer from the get go...we soon cleared the field and were really just racing one another, fiercely but fairly, forcing a wobble or a run wide here and there...I've gotta say 'awesome racing' disturboed, and I will say this rather longwindedly: I believe I won largely in part to disturboed's driving skill, on track integrity, and sense of fair play. We both forced errors from the other, we fought hard, BUT, not once did disturboed take advantage of an iffy chance to pass, always gave me half the track in an exchange, and pushed me along like nobody's business, so "Hat's off to you Sir, you are a scholar and a gentleman, and one of my fiercest competitiors, but you race hard, clean, and fair..."
    Turbo and I blued like this till about lap 12-13 and I started to get a little bit of a gap...I found though I was slower at Aintree/Maggotts, I could make time up into Brooklands, and out of Luffield...
    It'a crying shame you (disturboed) spun out of Luffield on Lap 22, at first I thought you'd DC'd and exclaimed aloud "Oh no, Turbo!", in my best Murray Walker voice...I spotted you down the list, to some relief, but I felt for you man! It doesn't reflect how hard you pushed me in the first half of the race. Race 1 was no free ride, in part, mostly to you. Bloody goodsport, and bloody bad luck man! (But congrats on Fastest Lap broo (51.310 I theenk?) to my 51.378...a PB for me this round). Congrats to @arakasi- and @cola1001 also on 2nd and 3rd places respectively.
    Race 2: OK now. Reverse grid. Starting from the back. Hmmmm....steady easy does it! Lol! First time around Copse was carnage! I just picked my way through tyre smoke and departing cars...(the replay shows two incidents:
    The first at the pointy end as @Mail17 spun himself on the inside ripple/grass, and then looped back onto the track in front of oncoming traffic...yikes! @pat65 did well to pull up and hold a straight line...
    The second was disturboed and @arnoldwa getting tangled as well...I don't believe there was any malice or carelessness on any drivers' part here, and I realise it's not my place to say, but it appeared 'the door closed rather rapidly' at Copse, and disturboed was hard on the brakes to avoid contact...but to no avail, sadly...)
    But, me no complain...from 15th to 11th on first lap suited me nicely!
    Lap 2: I may have stretched the rules a bit re: running wide at Copse, for a short time gaining advantage over arnoldwa, but any time/track position was smashed out of me at Brooklands as @Half-Byte used me as a brake/armco...pushing me into arnold, and I lost 3 places as a result, kind of nullifying any advantage I may have gained at Copse earlier in the lap. (Not having a crack at you Half-Byte, you were in a 2-3 car slipstream and it can be hard to pull up if you're not used to braking earlier to compensate for the extra speed gained...) So I copped that on the chin...
    Lap 3: Was half a car length up on disturboed as we approached Copse again...I ran wide to leave him room, BUT, ran wide (again!) but I believe no real advantage was gained so I pursued Half-Byte into Aintree/Maggotts, and got a good run out...approaching Brooklands I noticed Half-Byte trying to turn inside arnoldwa, so I ran wide to beat him to the apex at Luffield, he turned in and bounced off (I truly didn't hit you Half-Byte, I ran around the outside and beat you to the inside run at Luffield, that's all, so when you turned in, I was already there...I'll stand by the move if it goes to "the Mods"...and I'm sorry if it ruined your race...)
    Lap 4: I arrived at Aintree/Maggott's (with disturboed up my clacker, lol, AGAIN!) to scenes of tyre smoke and two cars departed from the track..."It's only Lap 4!" I'm thinking to myself...
    I tried the 'round the outside' Brooklands move on arnoldwa, but I wasn't quite close enough, and he wasn't having a bar of it! Nice defensive driving whist attacking @Cyberstig1 arnold! Goodsport!
    Lap 5: Out of Copse Cyber went left, arnold went right, and I attempted to take them both with the run to Aintree...I had the speed to outrun Cyber, but couldn't quite catch arnold, wobbled at Maggotts, and held disturboed up momentarliy...Half-Byte saw an opportunity at Brooklands from a long way back...it stuck, but it was bold! (underlined italic even...lol!)
    Lap6/7: I harassed arnold for the next 2 laps to no avail...I couldn't get past! So that's some solid defensive driving right there old bean!
    Lap 8: I grazed past arnold at Copse, easing off before entry to gain a quicker/shallower run out...it worked, but only just! I believe arnold lost his right side mirror then, lol! Up to 7th...further than I'd betted on...
    Lap 9: Clear track in front...keep it neat...try to gap disturboed/ arnold...ooh, turbo's coming to get me! Head down adro!
    Lap 10/11 passed without incident...I began to close on @pat65 and @3vilm00n on Lap 12. pat65 ran wide at Copse on Lap 13...I eased past to Aintree...he got into me at Maggots on Lap 15, but kudos and skill to you pat, you got right out of it again...goodskills! I cleared away by Luffield and Woodcote, and then began in ernest hunting down 3vilm00n, cola, and @maximuscatticus on Lap 16...flashing my headlights madly down Club Straight, like the LMP1 cars do at Le Mans, I'm sure the guys in front were startled and intimidated by my fiercely blazing headlight flashes...LOL!
    Got on the back of them Lap 17, passed Max out of Maggotts, and was on the moonman's tail out of Woodcote...didn't really gain for the next 2 laps, then I got a run on Moonman out of Maggotts towards Brooklands on Lap 20...the next 3 laps I drove my wheels off trying to catch cola, not really gaining on him, but we were catching incey...
    I got a good run out of Maggot's on Lap 24 to throw one up the inside into Brooklands...thankfully cola saw me coming and stayed well wide till I'd managed to stop and turn in (lol! it was desperation football I tells ya!), albeit very wide when I did so...
    I turns into Luffield thinking "I might have got away with that" whilst I promptly pushed cola out of the way (still a bit of red mist from Brooklands, lol!), so I redressed immediately, forgetting 3vilm00n was still there and as I wobbled my way through Aintree/Maggotts for the last time he got me on the run to Brooklands,"Cheeky bugger!" I thought, but power to him for not giving up/not giving in...it was a great fightback moonman! Well done!
    So, I managed 4th after starting dead last, and surviving much on track drama...phew! I bagged Fastest Lap with 51.615
    I theenk, so no complaints here. Was a hard fought round, and I figure there will be some with their noses out of joint, but all in all, given the nature of the circuit and the car we are driving, it could've been a lot messier!
    Bring on the weather!!!

Congrats go to incey for the win, and cola and 3vilm00n for 2nd and 3rd respectively!
    Thanks also to the moonman for hosting.
    See youse next week!
    adro out!
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  2. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Nice writeup Adro.

First half of Race 1 was fun. Would have been some lap time if you put half my lap with half your lap together!

I started to drive a bit ragged towards the halfway point and this allowed you to pull away, I was starting to get a teeny bit frustrated with myself for missing a mark here or there. I was lapping maybe a good second or so per lap SLOWER than what I should have been at that point in the race. And then the spin near the end just cemented it. It was Rubbish. LOL

Race 2, got caught in the concertina on T1, tapped Arnold in the rear quarter so had to back out of it to stop turning him around, then got bumped and pushed by those behind me with no where to go. Somehow ended up at the rear almost in 14th after all that. Made some good progress through the field though. Got a bit bumpy here and there! :D
    Adronaught and Easyprey007 like this.
  3. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    I dunno if there has ever been a proposal like I'm about to propose, BUT, if there were a silent ballot 3-2-1 vote (by those racing on the night) for a Best and Fairest in each Division, as voted by their peers, would that/could that work? It would mean that 'not necessarliy the fastest or the winningest' would be up for, what I would believe to be a highly esteemed award! Food for thought, but don't pester the Mods over it now, wait til next season...cheers.
    Cyberstig1 likes this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    kind of like the driver of the day for F1 ?
    Adronaught and Cyberstig1 like this.
  5. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    As long as it can't be Verstappen'd. :D:D:D:D:p:p:eek::rolleyes::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:
  6. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    Sort of Hat...I guess that would make an extra award/buzz on the day, and it could lend itself to a 'Brownlow type' awards night, with every vote being read out.....YAWN! LOL! I'm joking about that part, but it could be an extra bit of fun up for grabs on the night/and over the season, and over time could develop a tidier racing demeanour amongst all and sundry? I dunno...just thought of it...that's all...that's why I put "don't pester the mods now' for god's sake, lol! Later :D:D:D
  7. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    Who'd vote for a driver that "Verstappened" them...there's a logic to it...
  8. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    yeah i dunno, how would you get an idea about anyone except those close to you
    Adronaught likes this.
  9. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I was thinking more along the lines of someone cant win it if they disconnected half way through *cough* verstappen *cough* austin *cough*
    Adronaught likes this.
  10. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    "Oh! You wash ashking me to shtop?! The Vershtappen doesnt vershtoppen for anyone... except for Christian."
    "Hi Christian!"
    "Hi Max! What are you doing later?" Lol!
    Cyberstig1 and Zachery like this.
  11. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    Um. How do points work in sprint rounds? Is it 'full points for Race 1, and add half points for Race 2 on top?'
    I'm just guessing...
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Look at how emmo calculated div 2 results
  13. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    Lol! You could've just said 'yeah..full plus half'...
    Thanks Hat :D:D:D
  14. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Don't mention banter - I did it once - what can I say it was Just one Goat!!
    emmo46, Zachery and Hatfield like this.
  15. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    Anyone still got a replay of Race 1 at Silverstone ?
    Curious if the hit I copped from behind that sent me off the track was worthy of a redress.
    Was Lap 5 at the final hairpin.
    Thanks
  16. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Yeah, i'll pm you later on scott
    scottb721 likes this.
  17. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
  18. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    Thank you
  19. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    @emmo46 Hows the results for last round going mate
  20. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Emmo & Hat are busy busy. All protests are finalised and dealt with, so confirmation of results will be following shortly.
    incey likes this.