Season 11 - Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 12, 2016.

1. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    Qual 5th then DSC yay lol
    GR but i had the :):):):)s sorry
    WOLFYDADDY007 likes this.
  2. cola1001

cola1001 Rookie

Well done @Adronaught you were really moving mate well done 2nd and 3rd too
    Adronaught likes this.
  3. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I qualified in 8th and finished in 7th. Was a decent comeback as I was stone dead motherless last after lap 2 after loosing the rear mid corner at the last turn and it just wouldn't recover, I had to hit the anchors to try and stop entering the pits. This was while I was going to get a great run on Wolfdaddy for 5th at the time. i spun again at the top of the hill after going wide at turn 1 while still cursing the earlier mishap. This is what put me behind the pack.

I certainly didn't have the outright pace to get back to where I wanted to be, so I pitted a bit earlier at the end of lap 15, and did the undercut. This worked quite well and I started to move back up the order as others stayed out and pitted later. Again got up into 6th but a couple little mistakes cost me another position. Good battle with Arnoldwa towards the end as I would catch him, but couldn't get a pass to stick and so I would fall back and have another go next lap.

Well done to Adro on your first win mate, well deserved, very dominating drive.

Also to the podium!
    Adronaught likes this.
  4. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Code:
    #   Driver            Gap        Total      Best
    01. adronqught        46:34.867  46:34.867  1:09.148 (pole, fastest lap)
    02. X-3vi1m00n          +20.151  46:55.018  1:10.332
    03. WOLFYDADDY007       +41.078  47:15.945  1:10.298
    04. arakasi-            +48.184  47:23.051  1:10.307
    05. Easyprey007         +49.702  47:24.569  1:10.479
    06. arnoldwa            +54.064  47:28.931  1:11.226
    07. disturboed          +58.210  47:33.077  1:10.644
    08. Cyberstig1        +1:07.110  47:41.977  1:10.802
    09. incey             +1:08.010  47:42.877  1:09.824
    10. cola1001          +1:11.163  47:46.030  1:09.513
    11. Half-Byte         +1:11.296  47:46.163  1:11.174
    12. patg65            +1:15.821  47:50.688  1:10.604
    13. maximuscatticus   +1:20.164  47:55.031  1:10.950
    14. annelorrianne     +1:49.303  48:24.170  1:11.374
    15. sooby_scott       +16 laps              1:10.747

Code:
    #   Driver   Best lap
    01. 1:09.148 adronqught
    02. 1:09.513 cola1001
    03. 1:09.824 incey
    04. 1:10.298 WOLFYDADDY007
    05. 1:10.307 arakasi-
    06. 1:10.332 X-3vi1m00n
    07. 1:10.479 Easyprey007
    08. 1:10.604 patg65
    09. 1:10.644 disturboed
    10. 1:10.747 sooby_scott
    11. 1:10.802 Cyberstig1
    12. 1:10.950 maximuscatticus
    13. 1:11.174 Half-Byte
    14. 1:11.226 arnoldwa
    15. 1:11.374 annelorrianne

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  5. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Congratulations Adronaught - Well done mate - good work Bluemoon and Woolfy!!
    Adronaught likes this.
  6. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Well done adronaught excellent time as well :cool:
    Adronaught and Cyberstig1 like this.
  7. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    qualified 4th, and knew I didn't have the pace to fight for the win. I just had to hankle down and wait for mistakes to be made. Looks like both incey and cola both read my mind and give me a leg up. :) The rest was just making sure I didn't follow them.

Good job adronaught.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    For the remainder of the season, we will run rooms with mics off and friends only.
    It has seemed to help with room stability for divisions who have gone from mic to no mic rooms.
    Cyberstig1 likes this.
  9. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Knew I didnt have the consistent pace to challenge for the win, so was trying for consistency to keep me at the pointy end. Only had an average qually, put me sixth.
    On the grid, and off I roll, DOh....wrong button.....4 sec penalty for jump start....hahaha, I'm an idiot, watch everone go past and im back in last ( a few loud, short words escaped me).
    From there it was 'race face' time.
    Had great battles with everyone I got near, especially @Half-Byte , which allowed @cola1001 to join us for some fun, but it started to slow us all down, so I let them have at it ,while I dived in the pits earlier than I planned, hoping for the undercut, which worked out good for me.
    Set my sights on chasing @arnold watson for a few laps, snuck through at the first tunnel I think, but was still only 9th I think, till I slid past a tangle of cars at the bottom of the long hill.
    O.K., 5th, and @Easyprey007 on the horizon with 10 to go, and keeping similar pace as @Adronaught out front, head down and bring it home. Got close to Easy with 3 to go, but couldn't get on his bumper, as he was running solid pace once I got near him, until the second lsst lap, I got a great run onto the strait as he made his one tiny mistake. Bad luck Easy, you were running solid all race buddy.
    So 4th was totally unexpected, after such a lame start.
    Well done @Adronaught on your first 1st, and top stuff @Bluemoon & @WOLFYDADDY007 on grabbing podiums.
    Adronaught, B-Spec Bob and emmo46 like this.
  10. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It looks like @cola1001 and @incey had good pace, enough for the podium. It must have been a bit chaotic for them.
  11. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Well that was a strange race. Qually time wasn't too far off my PB and the first few laps went pretty well. When Cola spun into the pits I thought I would just keep following adro for an easy 2nd, as I was maintaining the gap to him but never would have been quick enough to pass. Actually picked up two PB's early in the race and held the fast laptime till the fresh tyres came out.
    Then the sticky brown hit the air mover.
    I spun last turn and backed onto the pit fence. Luckily only lost a place or two. Catching back up and did it again a few laps later. It is really difficult to pass cleanly on this track and I was getting plenty of practice. I passed everyone in the race except moon and Adro at elast once. I think I passed Cola 4 times, maybe more but we were both struggling to get through the pack after crashing only to crash again. Just before pitting i picked up my controller to make sure it hadn't gone to sleep and pressed the ps button by mistake. pressed left direction twice trying to unpress it. Ended up against the wall before the tunnel trying to get the right combination of buttons pressed to get back on the track as cola and arnold went passed again. Eventually made it to the pitstop and then started slowly picking off places again. I was going along pretty well until I ran into pat and disturbo arguing over 6th and 7th. They were parked against the cliff and then so was I, had nowehere ot go. The computer couldn't get me turned around until everyone had gone past. I sorta lost heart then but struggled back from second last through the pack again to make it to 9th.
    Key message is that its very hard to pass cleanly if the driver ahead doesn't want you to pass. Doesn't matter how much slower per lap they are. It was verry challenging.
    Well done to Adro keeping it clean and fast and taking the win. And to moon and wolfy for hanging in there
  12. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    I dunno what to say fellas?! I jumped on with @incey, @arakasi and a few others in the arvo warm up and was nothing special...running similar lap times...just broke into the 1:09's, but consistently punching out mid 1:10's until about lap 23-25...which I was surprised about...tyres love you long time! Zis is good ja? :laugh:

Just snagged pole (my first ever!) and got away to a clean start...pulse racing for first few laps as I had incey up my clacker again (I had to use all my reserves to stay clear and keep him out of my slipstream) until around lap 7 or 8 when unfortunately for him, he tagged the exit ripple strip onto the main straight a little rough and was mercilessly spat into the pit wall (I recalled a similar moment where I spun off chasing Hatfield in the LFA)...but, little time for reminiscing...time to make hay!

I had maybe a 5-6 sec gap back to @X-3vilm00n and @WOLFDDDY007, and as they haggled I tried to stretch my advantage, drew it out to around 7-8 secs when I noticed drivers pitting...my tyres were good so I stayed out till roughly lap end of lap 20...
    I noticed 3vilm00n didn't pit, and pondered if he was attempting a 'no stopper'..."so crazy it might just work" I thought, but after rejoining I chewed 1.5 secs out of him on my out lap, and the math dictated he had to stop for new treads or be at the mercy of the field in the latter stages...so on passing 3vilm00n as he pitted I regained my track advantage to around 7-8 secs and tried to lengthen it, just to have a buffer should something go horribly wrong (it usually does, lol!)...credit to 3vilm00n, he held the gap at around 9 secs (I think we were trading tenths here and there as we both strained to find some gains, and made the odd wobble and unforced errors)...and now that the car was light on fresh tyres, it was time to have a crack at fastest lap...

incey held it for most of the race with a 1:10.11...I managed a 1:09.6 something and then cola ran a 1:09.5..."Damn!" I'm thinking, "That's bloody fast!" So, big breath, head down and go fast but neat (I found a lot of time by trying to be tidy at first corner apex, 'into and out of' the first/second tunnels, and exiting the third tunnel...the two left handers, and the third onto the front straight...)

Lap 25 it all came together (clear track, no traffic, only me to make an error)...was way blue on split at first tunnel and just kept a nice rhythm for the rest of the lap...BANG! 1:09.148! I heard "Pythonesque" heavenly trumpets for a second and pulled my head in for the rest of the race, again trading tenths with 3vilm00n till lap 29, when he must've slipped off track for a sec, which gave me the peace of mind to negotiate the odd backmarker or spun car, and roll it on home for my first ROOZ WIN EVER...EVER...EVER!!!

So I'm pretty chuffed to grab my first pole and top step, and bag fastest lap as well (I checked the replay with baited breath, lol! It's between the white lines and way legal)...and for my mind, the advantages of qualifying at the pointy end are immense! It's the first race in my ROOZ career where I've got away from the line cleanly and not been compromised by being punted or shunted back in the pack (not deliberately mind you, I find most, if not all drivers in ROOZ do try very hard to race cleanly and fairly...I've just had a tendancy to drive into other peoples' accidents).

Given that there are no real 'blue flags', and this is the first time I've ever lapped any fellow competitors, I must point out that there must be some onus on faster drivers to approach with care (flashing headlights if need be), and slower drivers must be aware of being gunned down from behind...the gap between Pat and the wall of the tunnel certainly narrowed as I approached, and could very nearly have ended in disaster (not having a crack at you Pat, you'd recently been punted so I figure you were a touch hot under the collar and distracted...lol!)

Thank you 3vilm00n for hosting, and congrats to you for 2nd, and WOLFDADDY for 3rd.
    See you all next week.
    Cheers.
  13. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    I am now out for the season
  14. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    :(
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    With @Easyprey007 unfortunately pulling out of this season, he has been labelled as the extra in case of 17 showing up and @pat65 gets the full time spot
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  16. WOLFYDADDY007

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    @Hatfield I'm sad we have lost @Easyprey007 i hope he hasn't left because of the lag of certain racers are having in the room as this is an issue with a few of us
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I am not 100% sure why he has left. @Easyprey007 is welcome back anytime and also welcome to post his reasons if he wishes
  18. WOLFYDADDY007

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    I'm sorry shouldn't presume on reasons why someone left just sad to loose good competition :cool:
  19. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I would be interested in seeing any indication of this so that we can try to improve things. I know of issues with round 1, so hopefully round 2 was better. If you can send me some replays with issues in round 2, please do message me.
    WOLFYDADDY007 likes this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVERS BRIEFING R3

[​IMG]

TRACK LIMITS : Please use the standard ROOZ rules, 2 wheels must be on the ripple strip or white lines. Obviously it is easy to make a mistake and run wide over the track limits. General rule is you shouldn't gain an advantage from it. If you are found to go over the limits too often while gaining an advantage, you may be penalised post race. The main places to be careful in, are outside of Copse, Becketts & Brooklands, & both sides of Woodcote.
    CONTACT : if you push someone offline to your advantage, you will be expected to redress, and give the position back. Use your heads and give room where needed......
    RETURNING TO TRACK : If you do happen to go off track, please use your heads when returning to the track. Stay offline until you are back up to race speed so you don't compromise other drivers.
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : You shouldn't need to pit as this is the sprint round, but if you do, try to stay right when you exit the pits
    BLUE FLAGS : A reminder that if you are about to be lapped, its is good racing etiquette to move to the side where possible to let the leaders through.
    REVERSE GRID : For the second race with the reverse grid, remember to be patient with your overtakes. we will be looking at strict penalties for faster guys coming through who do the wrong thing being illegally aggressive
    MICS : To attempt to help room stability, mics should be off.
    PROTESTS : As always, if you feel you have reason to protest, save your replay, and then contact the room captains and the mod team, Myself or Emmo46.....DO NOT blow up in the chat room, or on the forum.
    RAGE QUITTING : A reminder that if you rage quit the room, you will receive 0 points, not be able to use it as your drop round and it wont count as a round of your 4 needed to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize. If you have to stop, park up in the pits or off track and let the race run down without leaving.