Season 12 - Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Dec 8, 2016.

1. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Thanks Hat. if I am wrong I am wrong - apologies....but it makes little sense to make it a weather round and then not really have weather. I join ROOZ each week to race not be a meteorologist...not sure if there is an answer but if the mods are happy with the current weather round settings I accept it and my best bet going forward is to miss future weather rounds, then I don't get stressed..
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    next time start on softs and don't try to guess. Just be reactive. Works for me ;)
    Crunch likes this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING ROUND 5 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course (Enduro)
    12th March - 64 laps

[​IMG]
    TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. The big ones here will be the exit of 7 & 12. If you slip over the edge at the exit of 7, the yellow paint is slippery. BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS EXPECT A PENALTY.

CONTACT : CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

PASSING : When a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that you cant win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Use your brains here and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikaze passes.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Entry is straight forward, however the exit is a long lane on the right of the main straight. Drivers need to keep 2 wheels inside the exit lines FAILURE TO KEEP 2 WHEELS INSIDE THE EXIT LINES WILL BE A PENALTY.
    Please be aware of fast approaching cars into T1.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those around you. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will be using the new stewards group for racing infringements and protests. Many thanks to the guys who have put their hands up to volunteer. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.

Shamelessly copied from @stucar17 & edited accordingly
    Jaycie and stucar17 like this.
  4. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Just letting everyone know I will NOT be racing this weekend as I am out of town for the long weekend, so don't wait up.
    Good luck to everyone attending.
    ssman244 and Crunch like this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Wont be there tonight guys, have a good one!
  6. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Time for me to get a podium with all these people missing.
    StigsTC likes this.
  7. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    That was my plan until I was reminded that I'd agreed to go away!
    So can I just SAY that I attended the round and get points for last? At this rate that might be about 8th place lol.
  8. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  10. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
  11. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Podium deserve special mention.
    Warrior for an absolutely gun race, lapping half the field.
    SSman for awesome comeback from last after picking up some kitty litter on 1st lap.
    Bryan for implementing his strategy to perfection, even after an "off" which I don't think was his error.
  12. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I liked it how we always pitted on consecutive laps, as to not impede each other. Good team work, even if not intentional. :thumbsup:
  13. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    sorry boys had a horrible race, baby crying in the whole race i was there, couldnt concentrate, sad excuse i know
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    not sad at all, I've been there. Just park up next time ;)
  15. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Hi,
    Apex, I wrote a message in the room last night apologising for the big bump I gave braking for turn 1 - but you left the room before I posted the message so I just wanted to post on here to apologise. I think the car (or the few cars) in front must have hit the brakes early as I was not expecting you to brake that early. I hope it did not affect your lap too much. Cheers.
    warrior2167, Russell, Apex_64 and 2 others like this.
  16. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    No problem at all BMW, they did hit the brakes extremely early and I had to hit mine hard early too, concetiner effect.
    No selfish thinking, as I thought I could keep going on the tyres, and also avoid traffic....backfired badly. I also think my pit crew were drunk or previously worked with red bull. No matter the guys in front were too fast for me anyway.
  17. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Last night was a story of ups and downs for me.
    Qually: 23.3 was a good banker lap but after seeing Warriors 23.0 I was astounded, after pitting for fresh tyres, I stuffed both my last attempts in the first sector going for that 22 which I knew I was capable of. Still the front row was where I wanted to be.
    Race: Everyone with the replay's going to have a jolly giggle at my Turn 4 disaster on lap 1. Not a good enough start to get Warrior into T1 but had the run on him through 2 and 3 to line up the move at 4, knowing I needed to get him early meant I went hard, good defensive driving into 4 from him meant I tried to pull out wide for a better run into 5 and hopefully line him up for T6. Ended up ruining my chances of victory there and then, Left rear on the grass and there goes 12 secs I'll never get back on him. Frustration from that fuelled the charge to the front., took 4 laps to catch the pack and then it began, trying to pick everyone off 1 by 1 as quickly and as cleanly as possible. Ending the stint with only Warrior, Bob and Russell ahead of me (despite bob and russell pitting a lap ahead of me). I never really thought that catching Warrior was going to be possible after lap 1 so it was more about driving hard to catch and pass Bob and Russell, after getting that done 30 laps in, I focused my 3rd stint on making a gap to them. In the final stint it was about bringing the car home and wondering about what could've been if I had that time back and how different that 1st stint could've gone, battling with Warrior rather than trying to pass 9 other quick drivers! It was still a great race and I feel great about the comeback and speed I'm showing in my first Division 1 season. :thumbsup:
    warrior2167, Russell and B-Spec Bob like this.
  18. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Insane pace ssman! In another level!
    ssman244 likes this.
  19. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Congratulations warrior! Awesome win!!
    warrior2167 likes this.
  20. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Congratulations Bryan amazing drive! Last night I said I needed a few more catch you, after looking at the tires on replay I was dreaming lol. Bob sure kept you on your toes to the end, crazy close finish.
    warrior2167 and B-Spec Bob like this.