Season 12 - Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 10, 2017.

1. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

In this car I would expect the entire Div 2 field to be pretty close on performance.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Ahh, the aged old question, 2B or not 2B.:thumbsdown:
    holdenman05 and nigegunz like this.
  3. its-benny-racer

It makes no sense to me this season, if there was a clear divide in pace between lists it would have some benefit, but I really don't see that being the case this season. Either way I would request to be in 2A.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    We have listened and agree that the pace difference across the Div 2 field, particularly this season, isn't as wide as it is in Div 1 and Div 3. Division 2B is therefore 2B removed.
  5. Razorpod50

Razorpod50 Rookie

How many laps is it for sundays race.
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  7. Razorpod50

Razorpod50 Rookie

8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    The off-track tarmac on the straights between T1 & T4 on the map will be acceptable to use. BUT not the corners (including entry/exit).
    The two kinks after T1 and before T4 will be considered as 'straight'
    Razorpod50 likes this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  10. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Missed the first Ford chicane twice, and the kink onto Mulsanne too, didn't help tho!

I'm going to expose myself as a poor tradesman by blaming my tools here, but I can't drive this understeering turd of a car!
    More (some) practice required I guess, will see how Tokyo goes. Well done everyone else!
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Well what a way to start the season!
    Got qualifying underway but I don't think the room reset, reset the time of day so the qually laps ended up being in the dark!
    First lap of the possible 2 was provisional pole by less than a second and I binned the second lap. Held my breath and provisional became actual pole!!

Got a good start but couldn't quite make the gap to remove slipstream and so started the defending from @its-benny-racer
    A few laps later I made a mistake into the first 'S' and to my surprise it was @Knuckles who went by. Soon after, benny had the lead and I was bumping knuckles to try and get us closer to him as his pace was just a little too quick but I made a mistake and fell back into the clutches of @Luckgoesmyway and again I tried bumping him to catch back to the lead 2 but we weren't making much headway.

Saw benny pit on lap 6 and decided against following him in... what a mistake. When I came in on 7 so did many others. I had gotten by luck at this stage and knuckles pit box was just in front of mine so no worries there... but @LITTLEBLACKO942 's pit bay was in front of his and knuckles was released before blacko came by... but I wasn't!!
    This cost me enough seconds that I didn't have the draft but it cost those behind me even more.

I made an error dropping a wheel but didn't spin which let luck catch up a little and he chased down the gap as the laps counted but he didn't catch the slipstream and I crossed the line for the final step of the podium!!
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Also, FYI @emmo46 , nathan storrier is in PCars now
    Also again, @GOWIE22 what happened after the race, did you dsc or was there a problem?
  13. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Top pole lap hat. So close in top three. Good racing.
    its-benny-racer likes this.
  14. its-benny-racer

I would have thought that resetting would have also reset the time, but evidently not. Made qually hard to gauge as the cars seem slower at night than during the day. Will know better for Spa at least.

Was a good scrap early on seemed faster in some sections and slower in others but was even enough to stay in tow, got a good run out of the last chicane and was fortunate enough to get clear of slip stream. Gained a couple of seconds by pitting lap 6, then it was watching the gap fluctuate and trying to stay consistent.
    Hatfield and Knuckles like this.
  15. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Team Driver

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Decent start to the season for me. Had a shocker in qualifying to record a time 2 seconds slower than my fastest race lap to start 10th. Raced on from there to finish 5th despite some fierce challenges from other drivers and a major sideways moment through the final fast left hand corner in 4th gear. Tyre wear seems good with fronts on 8 and rears on 9 after 7 laps.
    incey likes this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Has anyone got the race results and lap times??
  17. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

I know @Luckgoesmyway got fastest lap. And he is still riding the wave at work today. So he should to. Awesome job mate.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    we have some protests
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I pushed him all of the straights for that lap lol
    Knuckles likes this.
  20. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Shocker