Season 12 - Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    It does show your car accelerating suddenly, rolling to T1 then braking just before hitting the track. :) from then on, it just rolls back and forth.
  2. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
  3. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    so weird, my daughter denies touching the wheel/pedals at all, so i dunno :confused::confused::cautious:
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Put in a protest against her anyway, you never know your luck;)
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    SuiCid3, Russell, Cyberstig1 and 3 others like this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Nooooooo! Not another one! :roflmao:
    Cyberstig1 and emmo46 like this.
  6. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    R6 : 19th March - Special Stage Route 5 Clubman - 56 LAPS -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. LUCKILY the track limits are the walls here!

CONTACT : CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

PASSING : When a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that you cant win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Use your brains here and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikaze passes.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Both are straightforward, however DO NOT swerve across the front of other cars on entry. Drivers should try to keep left exiting the final turn for a clean entry into pit lane.
    On EXIT, drivers should be aware of fast drivers approaching. Please try to stay left into T1-2 if there is traffic approaching, basically don't swerve right across the road coming out of the pits.
    Pit lines WILL NOT be enforced

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. NEVER battle with the leaders if you are going to be lapped, and if in a battle of your own, LET THE LEADERS THROUGH FIRST before continuing your battle with the other driver(s) for position.

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will be using the new stewards group for racing infringements and protests. Many thanks to the guys who have put their hands up to volunteer. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.

Shamelessly copied from @stucar17 and edited accordingly
    POPPINFRESH1234 likes this.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    So what will this race bring, so far this season we have had pit line gate, track edge gate and lately blue flag gate. Maybe there will be speed cameras in Pit Lane or maybe checks on the number of pit crew. I know I'll be looking to avoid looking like a badass again by getting another penalty or protest. I'm even going to polish my racing socks in case they're inspected. ;)

This weekend's race is 54 laps on a 47 seconds per lap race, so there will be some blue flags flying again, you may not see them in the dark, but they will be there.
    Hopefully we can have a quiet race without many mishaps and all go home from the track happy this time. :)
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  9. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Adding to that;
    • its extremely difficult to pass at all
    • its very hard to avoid someone who has clipped the wall if you are right on their tail
    • its tough on tyres
    • short laps mean closer lap times
    Gonna be interesting
    emmo46 and StigsTC like this.
  10. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    I just heard that Microsoft are buying out PSN so it will be Bill Gates!!:laugh::laugh:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, just a very quick reply to my above post....been an interesting few days, with quite a few replies and PMs with a range of views expressed. I am sure you are all sick of hearing from me, but in light of a few discussions i have had after posting i wanted to make a couple of very quick comments.

1. As stated originally, my post WAS NOT directed at anyone in particular. I have had 3 members think it was directed at them, and can i again say that it was a 'general' comment to all drivers.
    2. My post WAS NOT intended to offend or upset anyone. If it did, i apologise.
    3. While i stand by my comments, in hindsight, i could have perhaps have worded a little differently to make my point, which was, that the time of the stewards group is voluntary, and they were (over the opening 5 rounds) seeming to be dealing with quite a few protests that perhaps didn't need to be made.
    4. I will say again, that everyone has the right to protest an incident that they feel has affected the race result.
    5. As a mod, i personally don't want to see anyone leave our community. If you have a concern, question or want to discuss something PLEASE send me, or someone on the mod team, a PM so we can discuss in a rational way to come to a solution.

The stewards group for this season has been an interesting exercise, and it has reinforced to me that regardless of the decision made from them, or ultimately, from the appeals group, there is generally 1 person not happy !
    All i can ask is that drivers respect their decision (even if you dont agree with it). The difficulty of judging some of the incidents has been evidenced by the difference of opinion even in the stewards group ! It's Not an easy job.

We are a large group of people now, different ages, abilities and personalities.
    I think sometimes that gets a little lost with the red mist of race nights.

Again, we want ALL members to have a great experience here, if you feel the need to discuss something please don't hesitate to PM me so we can sort things out for the betterment of everyone. We may not agree, but at least we can have the conversation.

Stu
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    Cyberstig1 likes this.
  12. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    it was better before
    stucar17 likes this.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Hmm, I said 54 laps this Sunday in a post above, but it is actually 56. Tyre management is going to be a big factor me thinks. I suspect the difference between 1 and 2 stops is also going to be marginal. This track is difficult enough without different strategies coming into play and it is going to be a challenging night. Good Luck all.:)
  14. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Wth a fibre break between Adelaide and Sydney, hopefully we won't be too badly affected tonight.
  15. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Well that was a better night for me. Couldn't find my qually pace so I had to make do with 2nd. Followed @cola1001 for ever until he caught a rivet. that was bad luck, i didn't think i would have passed you otherwise. then it was a matter of trying to keep wall touches to a minimum. isn't it amazing how many times you hit the wall exactly where you are telling yourself not to. thanks everyone for a good race
  16. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    7th (or last depending on how you look at it).

I'm sure incey you were only a few seconds off lapping me for the 2nd time as you crossed the line. well done to you sir.

also to moon & cola for the podium.

stupid dumb track. just ridiculous.
    incey and JonoStan96 like this.
  17. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    gonna miss you for the last race but you have definitely got better things to do.
    disturboed likes this.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    PROVISIONAL RESULTS
    [​IMG]

Congratulations on the great win @incey , :thumbsup: well done to @Bluemoon and @cola1001 for the podiums. I thought for a while Cola was going to score a great win for GRT (even though he prefers to run in HTO colours) but a rivet grabbed him and drop kicked him from the lead back to 3rd place. Still an excellent result for GRT though.
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @Hatfield provisional results as above, Pole to Cola and FL to Incey.
  20. cola1001

cola1001 Rookie

Yes great race at the start @incey good win and well done moon. And sorry @emmo forgot to change paint
    POPPINFRESH1234, emmo46 and incey like this.