Season 13 - Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Razorpod50

Razorpod50 Rookie

If the first 3 option are not working i can do it too.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Well what a round!

Surprised myself to grab pole with a 55.289 and got away good to lead early.
    Made an error exiting 2nd last turn and tapped the wall which let @aranteamo get alongside into the last turn.
    Slight lag occured which saw me tapping the wall on exit but at T1 aran ran wide (found out later he was redressing) and I was back into the lead.
    At some point @Razorpod50 got passed and I started chasing him and waiting for an opportunity to make a move. He made a slight error which let me through and I built a little gap of about 2-3 secs until suddenly he found more pace and started bringing the gap down.
    It got to 1.### when he spun on the exit of last corner which eased the pressure to take the win.

Race 2 was super fun. Starting last, got away well but couldn't do anything with it at T1. A few laps later with a few cars behind and @Adronaught misses his brake marker to plough into me at T1, which makes me plough into aran.
    That helped me get around the corner without fuss but aran spun on the wall.
    Took advantage of the traffic to get passed razor and then started patiently picking people off.
    Kudos to @arnold watson for making me earn 2nd place, and the same to @disturboed for the lead. Was sad to see turbo finish last after holding the front for half the race.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
    Adronaught and emmo46 like this.
  3. Razorpod50

Razorpod50 Rookie

A good night for me this week starting to find my way.
    Put some good laps together.
    I got into the lead but made some errors letting hat back into the chase,
    Decided to make a charge rounding him up with 4 laps to go but sadly made an error and hit the wall entering the final sraight.
    Thus letting azza back to second place.
    2nd race was a challenge to say the least
    ,alot of rubbing to and fro,but managed to secure 3rd spot pretty happy with the result
    .the goal i think is 3rd realistically for the competition outcome.
    Adro being my closest contender.
  4. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Meh, I was only in front as @arnold watson was doing a bang up job of defending his position, and the scrapping let me skip away a bit, but when your race pace is 2 seconds a lap slower than the front runners, on such a short track too, the end result is inevitable.

Really struggling at the moment, the condition of my screen doesn't help, makes me very tired looking at it. But nothing I can do about it right now.
    Razorpod50 likes this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    don't kid yourself, you are quicker than me. If not for the spin you would've had me I reckon
  6. Razorpod50

Razorpod50 Rookie

Haha.nah mate i lack consistency and focus.
    When you were gaining on me i was worrying to much what was going on behind me instead of
    Focusing on the road in front.
    My quickest time during practice was 1.44.945.
    2nd race when you got me on the inside with turn 6/7 the quick left and right i was trying to
    Do the undercut on cola sweep right and get under him
    ,then you come along side me and got the run outa the corner.
    That dropped me into a challenge with him and azza for 3 laps till i finaly got by him.
    You are very consistent with your laps, your exsperience shows.
    I prefer race soft tyres and a good race car
  7. Razorpod50

Razorpod50 Rookie

Whats refered to ie weather dynamic....100% ????
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you're too kind.

I did feel good coming through the pack. Felt like I could be patient and just watch who I was behind and find that place where I could make a pass stick.

I especially remember catching @arnold watson and trying to figure out the best place for the pass. He was pretty good at maintaining his line all around the circuit.. except for the right hand sweeper. He would stick to the inside and brake before drifting out wide. I found I was carrying more speed so set it up to stay wide and brake prior to entry and cross over as powering out of the corner to be in front by enough for the next corner to get clean before the hard braking for the left hander.

the race will start 100% track wetness but should hopefully change during the race to less % wetness or even dry... dynamic=random
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It was a very intense night of racing. With @Bluemoon away I wanted to make some good points for the 2B championship in his absence. @cola1001 was back this week so I knew I would have my work cut out trying to be top dog in Div 2B. I surprised myself by qualifying ahead of Cola and then holding him at bay for the first race to be first 2B guy home. From there it should have been plain sailing because winning the first race means you only need third in the reverse grid race to take out the overall points. My confidence was high because cola and I had finished well ahead of the other 2B guys so I was planning on just keeping cola in sight so that I was no more than 1 or two places behind him in the 2b ranks. It started to look good for me when cola had an incident and I got ahead of him, if I could stay there then the 2B honours would be mine Bwwaahahaa.
    Things started to go a little off kilter then as I caught up with fitenkitten (@Adam Wyman ) and he proved to be just that. I got tangled up trying to pass and lost a couple of places to faster guys coming through, then I had a spin all by myself and dropped to last. Things still looked OK though as Cola was second last so all was still good.
    Then Cola started to make good ground on the rest and I was struggling along trying to keep him in sight. He caught and passed fiten then galloped off into the distance as I fluffed trying to pass fiten again and fell well back. By now @Adronaught and @disturboed had had dramas and were behind me. Arnold was leading 2B with Cola closing and I was trying my hardest to catch fiten again as I new if Cola got by Arnold and I didn't get by Fiten then my 2B win would be toast. It took a while to catch fiten and by the time I did Cola had gotten by Arnold and was on course to take the 2B honours. When I finaly caught Fiten it was a big struggle. He had an oversteer moment out of the 2nd last corner and I got beside him on the inside of the last corner, I struggle to give him enough room on the outside there but we got through OK and then ran side by side up to turn one, Adro had also caught us and was looking to take us both. I had the inside for turn one and braked as late as I dared but luckily for me Both Fiten and adro braked later than me and went into the wall/ each other (not sure what went on as I was just hanging on trying not to mess up). That pass meant the I was able to get enough points for the 2B win but because Arnold was still between us for the outright places and Cola got into 4th with its extra couple of points he was able to best me by 1/2 a point for the overall div 2 places. Fair enough I suppose because my win in 2B was only by 1/2 a point as well. Very intense and close racing.:confused:
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
    Adronaught, StigsTC, cola1001 and 2 others like this.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you've been waiting all day to get that posted !
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    how close was the FL?
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    you 55.217 in race two and Razor 55.245 in race 1.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    wow!
    I remember thinking in race 2 that I needed to beat the 55.2 for FL but wasn't sure if I could string it together.
    Once I cleared turbo, I set about trying with the slightly lower fuel and finally set a 55.2 but wasn't sure if it was faster or not, then I started pushing too hard and making little errors so decided to keep consistent lest I be caught
    emmo46 likes this.
  16. cola1001

cola1001 Rookie

Yes great racing overall . My night was abit weird, couldn't get near my practice times after changing wheel settings (felt good offline but s##t house online ). Took a few laps to get on top of that, then field sorted it's self out and found myself chasing Emmo, but to his credit couldn't make any ground .
    R2 started ok, had a great battle trying to pass Arnold ( that's one very wide little yellow car) but when I finally did missed turn one and found myself last, but luck fell my way so happy in the end.
    And must say from what was a hard track pass was very happy with the hard but fair racing and all night. :)
    emmo46 and Hatfield like this.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Round 4 -
    14/5

Autumn Ring. 30 Laps
    Dynamic Weather
    Tyres: CS ONLY

[​IMG]
    Thanks to realishracing for the map
    TRACK LIMITS : Please be aware of the track limits at the Mini Esses and Chicane especially. We all know the deal. Ripple strips and white lines.

CONTACT : IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

On the other side of the coin, if you make a mistake which slows you down, don't block the car behind eg. if you hit a wall on exit and the car behind pulls out to pass, don't move across the track to block. This is of course different to standard defending where moving over to cover the inside is acceptable.

PASSING : When a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that you can't win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1.

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : All drivers must make a compulsory pitstop.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those on your lap. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. For cars making the pass (leaders), you still have a responsibility to avoid contact with slower traffic.

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).

http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

NOTE : We will be tweaking the penalties / penalty table a little this season, to give a little more wriggle room with how the penalties are handed out, and for the severity of the 'infringement'. This is still a work in progress however and may not be finalized before round 1.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Provisional
    [​IMG]
  20. Razorpod50

Razorpod50 Rookie

Another tuff night.
    Conditions made for delicate execution qualied 2nd,got off the line a bit slow but settled into 3rd.
    Waited on mistakes from cola hopeing to jump ahead.
    Quickly got into rhythm and forged ahead with a half a lap gap on 3rd place.
    No real stratergy for pitting,so just tried to play it out.
    Thought i had enough room to stay in front of hat but seem to get caught up in the pits again.come out in 3rd and caught hat fairly quickly,tried to put some pressure on him hopeing for a mistake.
    Made a dive with 3 to go but decided it was a bit harsh so i gave him the break and let him get ahead
    Then caght up quickly again within a lap.sat on him with a lap to go bumper to bumper lined up my exit that surely would of got me ahead only to get caught up in his wake causing a slight spin.
    Ohh well thats just my luck.
    But equal 3rd now with adro so the battle continues.
    Congrats to azza to good in the wet mate well done.
    aranteamo likes this.