Season 4 - Division 2- Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 20, 2016.

1. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Very average night for me last night but kinda where I expected to be in Div2, i was never quick enough to be competitive so i had to salvage as many points as possible.

I got the slightest of taps from an out of control TB on lap one coming into the first hairpin which put me onto the grass and gave me a 5 second penalty (nothing he could do to have avoided it) so I rejoined at the rear of the pack with him and tried to stay with the pack. It was very close and intense racing and when Vendal had a penalty at the last chicane and rejoined behind me I had to keep one eye in my mirror at all times, he was clearly quicker but i wasn't going to just let him drive by.

I just couldn't get past TB, I got along side quite a few times but just couldn't make it stick, it was great defensive driving, never giving up the inside unless he knew he would get a better run on the outside. But I also had Vendal right behind me trying everything he could to get by me so I had to still be defensive while trying to attack TB. Vendal got past I did push him wide through the final chicane after outbraking myself (sorry about that mate) but he returned the favour a few laps later after I managed to get back in front.

Congrats to AO on another great performance and managed to hold it together to the chequered flag this week, and also to @CobMcCool and @Zharvs92 for rounding out the podium.
    AOCleaner74 and Zachery like this.
  2. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Quite uneventful for me compared to everyone else.
    Snagged pole again with a 2.04.1. Didn't get the best of starts but with everyone bumping each other behind me I had no dramas into t1. Noticed Jim was running 2nd until he obviously got a bump into the last chicane. Lap 3 I had a little moment which allowed Killer to get back within 3 secs of me, so I just put my head down and pulled it out to 17 secs until for some reason my game paused on me which sent me flying off the track and losing 10 secs.
    After that I had no dramas, lapping consistently in the 2.03s to bring it home.
    Well done to Cob for a storming drive and Zharvs for rounding out the podium. Bad luck to Killer who I thought was going to get 2nd with a consistent drive until towards the end.
    Overall a great weekend for me winning this race and the 1000 Enduro the day before!
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
  4. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I missed V8's total race time

[​IMG]
    Blindman and AOCleaner74 like this.
  5. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    SPL Racing likes this.
  6. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017
    Things i was happy with from this race. P5 in qualy. Things i hated. Disconnecting lap 4. I still don't get how the div 1 boys are in the 04's let alone 03's n 2s.
    Blindman and SPL Racing like this.
  7. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I think they sold their souls to the devil, may he take mercy on you @Beau_Albert and @Samsung1998racer
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Okk guys, have messaged the required people regarding the protests and hope to have something sorted by tomorrow.

Stu
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Apologies for not reminding everyone.....but the season 3 prize draw was held last night thanks to Anon and his amazing lotto abilities !

The winners, thanks to "The Gamesmen" were
    Pringles_947 - Logitech G29 Wheel
    NAACS - Logitech Wireless Keyboard G610
    Adronaught - Dirt Rally PS4 Game

Congratulations guys, if you need a reminder of what these guys won, have a look at the link, and remember to support our sponsors who make available these great prizes and continue to support ROOZ
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/prize-pack-the-gamesmen-cup.2231/
    Blindman likes this.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    DRIVER BRIEFING - ROUND 3 - SPRINT ROUND

Ok guys......is the sprint round this weekend, 2 x 22 lap races with the second race a reverse grid for half points.

RACE REGS :
    QUAL : 10 mins as normal
    LAPS : RACE 1 - 22 laps. RACE 2 - 23 laps (1 formation lap)
    GAME DATE : 12/2/16
    TIME : 11am
    FOG : LOW
    TIRE WEAR
    : SLOW
    FUEL : REAL
    PENALTIES : ON
    PIT LANE : CLOSED FOR QUALIFYING and RACE

I have had to run with these regs for a number of reasons. The first one is to keep the track temp down so it doesnt overheat the tires.....The track temp will be at 20*, ambient 15* and my front left maxes out at 107*. This is why i have moved the tire wear to slow.....i finished a test race last night on 77% with it on real, so slow will see everyone be able to get home easily. Even with the fog on, vision is fine, much better than running early morning or late night where the sun is blinding and extremely difficult to drive with.....

TRACK LIMITS
    [​IMG]

Usual track rules will apply for all parts of the track WITH THE EXCEPTION of "The Link" which is the run onto the Hangar Straight. There is no line on the exit (left side) so you may run wide there, from what i saw last night there is no advantage anyway, it actually costs you time if you go too far left.

Stowe could be an issue if you continually run wide, to gain an advantage.
    Exit of turn 1 can be a lottery, there is a penalty there if you run too far off, be aware of rejoining safely if you go off.

PIT LANE CLOSED : Pit lane will be closed at all times. This is because drivers could get a false qual time or last lap race result based on the timing line being shorted going through pit lane

RACE 2 REVERSE GRID PROCEDURE.
    At the conclusion of race 1, the room captain will add 1 lap to the total (23) and at the start of race 2, ask for everyone to line up in the reverse order that drivers finished in race 1. Once the room captain is satisfied that everyone is in the right position, the formation lap will start, and drivers will remain single file at approx 100klms until the EXIT OF CLUB (final chicane), where the race leader will begin the race.

Drivers are permitted to warm tires up until the exit of 'STOWE' where everyone will fall into single file for the run down to Vale and Club Corner. At this stage all cars should be nose to tail, with no more than 2 car lengths between drivers.

NO PASSING UNTIL YOU HAVE CROSSED THE START LINE.

If there is anything i have missed let me know, of if anything else needs clearing up just ask.

Stu
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    t_b_williams, SPL Racing and ADZA_85 like this.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Warm up procedure updated in driver briefing for the formation lap of race 2
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @Hatfield protest has been sorted against Vendal for contact on TB and there will be a 10 sec penalty applied.

This moves Vendal from 8th to 10th based on the dash times posted above
  14. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Man its such close racing round here.

Had a qually practice with AO and CAGME. Top 3 seperated by 0.056 seconds
    SPL Racing likes this.
  15. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yeah it's going to be very close, with div 1 drivers doing high 6's/low 7's and div 2 drivers doing mid 7's-8's (AO is probably in the 6's now) there is not much in it. I had a cracking 6 lap race with @Beverages4017 on Wednesday night, we probably spent about 3 laps of a 6 lap race side by side. It's going to be great fun tomorrow night.
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  16. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Low 7s here.
    Even Div3 drivers are in thr 7s.
    SPL Racing likes this.
  17. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Karts quick around here. He was in the low 7s too i believe. Being such a small track thats quite simple in comparison to other tracks, the lap times will be very similar between divs this week. This race will be won on cleanliness
    stucar17 and SPL Racing like this.
  18. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017
    And not being a turn 1 statistic...
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Turn 1 shouldnt be an issue this time round. Maybe village on lap 1 will be hectic though.
  20. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Nearly;)
    SPL Racing likes this.