Season 4 - Division 4 - Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Usual story tonight. Should have the lobby up by about 7:30, hope to get quali underway about 8:10, and then the race underway asap after quali. Hope to see as many people there as possible tonight!
    Anthonyb likes this.
  2. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Road Rage at Road America is what I'd call tonight from my perspective. Not my best race at all, and shame to see it all fall away after T1. Quali seemed to go alright after i grabbed 4th. Was coming up the hill on the main straight to complete my perfect lap (which i reckon could have put me on pole) and then time ran out when i was about 100m from the line.

Upon the race start, i got the best start I'd had all season, however i got left with nowhere to go and everyone blocked me in off the start line. Coming towards T1 i was side by side with whoever was in 3rd, holding the inside line, but then got squeezed across the track, sending me over the kerb at t1, and around i went. Dropped from 4th to last in the space of 10 seconds. Was really annoyed about that, but i pressed on. Got by Ryzza quickly, but then hit the inside kerb at T5 and dropped back down to 10th again. Over the next few laps I started to make my way first past David where i got squeezed off the track once again out of the carousel which put me in the wall. Eventually got by David, and then by Col, and then chased down Devil. Had a couple of laps battle with devil, but once again got squeezed off the track coming into T4. Managed to finally get by Devil. From there i sat in 7th for the next 3/4 of the race and then on the final lap got by Ant to take 6th.

As i mentioned earlier, not my best race by any stretch, however there were about 3 or 4 times where i was side by side with another car and i was then squeezed wide onto the grass (which is especially dangerous in a in a braking zone. Happened last weeekend at Bathurst too, and we all saw how that worked out). Not going to lodge a protest however upset I am because I don't believe any of it was deliberate, but i just ask that for next race we all keep an extra eye out for who might be near them.
    SuiCid3 and Clevohead like this.
  3. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    Very similar story here Nathan. Normally I like to hang back at T1 and let it all happen in front of me but I had an amazing start from 7th and by T1 I was behind you in 4th. From my vision you appeared to spin all on your own by over-correcting to a little rub with Ant but perhaps some lag made things appear that way.

After the Corvette bridge I turned in a tad early and without any warning spun on the inside curb, even with reduced throttle input. Watching the replay I still can see no reason for it happening. Then for what must be the 3rd race in a row a certain driver likes to block coming into corners, then take each corner at least a second slower than necessary, needlessly slowing BOTH of us down for multiple laps. Our cars eventually stuck together going wide and I made the most of it. A very boring hour later with a few spins and I finished 4th, achieving 1.19's to 1.21's most of the time.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  4. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    My replay is a bit stuffed up.
    Names and livery aren't correct.

Messed up my qualy lap.
    Was 1.6s up on my time but then overcooked it on the last corner.
    Not sure if it would have been good enough for pole, as I ended up being 1.6**s off @cruciald00dz pole time.
    Started 3rd on the grid.
    Like @Nathancarhead, I got the best start I've ever had in this game.
    So good that I thought I might have jump started for a split second.
    Unfortunately for me, Nathan got a stonking start as well and we both dove for the gap between 1st (@cruciald00dz) and 2nd (@rossi0nsx).
    Obviously the gap wasn't going to accommodate both of us, and as Nathan got his nose in front, my car was pushed into crucial, who started to get sideways a little. So I backed off to break the contact and then got swamped by everyone else.
    Exiting turn 1, I managed to turn into someone, not sure who it was exactly (can't trust my replay), but they were in my blind spot so had no idea they were even there. My apologies for that.

Slotted into 8th after the mess and slowly watched the guys in front take a bad entry/exit or just spin off and then found myself in 3rd after a few laps and on the back of @cruciald00dz (the video shows up as rocketrod for some reason) with a decent gap to 1st.
    I was happy to sit behind and stay with crucial so that we could help each other catch the leader, but by the time we within a few seconds, crucial lost concentration and spun off leaving me on my own to chase @Anthonyb
    Anthony eventually spun and gifted me the lead. Managed to extend it to about 10 seconds before I noticed crucial was into 2nd and trying to take chunks out my time.
    Not know how the tyres would behave later during the race I didn't want to push too hard, so just tried to maintain that 10s gap as long as possible. After about 1/3 of the distance passed and there was still a decent amount of tread I started to push a little harder to see if I could open it up a bit. Made a bad mistake and lost the extra time I gained, but settled back in and started to push again.
    It looked like the mistakes started piling in for crucial, as the gap blossomed out to 20+ seconds with about 5 laps to go.
    Started to put together some qualy laps to try and beat my FL... Was up by a couple of thousands by sector 2 in a few occasions but couldn't follow through the sector 3 to finish it off.

Great racing against @cruciald00dz. You definitely had the pace to reel me in if not for the mistakes.

5. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    I was pretty happy to qualify 2nd with a pb and the get the lead at the Start of the race. (Sorry for bunching up everyone at the start these things are a pig to get off the line) Manged to maintain a 3 - 4 sec gap, I was even short shifting a few laps to make sure I finished with enough fuel but then about lap 7made a stupid mistake and spun on t12 went back to 6th. I followed @Ryzza5 and @Anthonyb for quite a few laps until @Anthonyb decided to ping pong his car between the walls down the back straight which gave me 5th. Tried to catch @Ryzza5 but his consistency and a few silly little mistakes kept me there til the end. It was my first race with a wheel and made it so much better.
    SPL Racing, SuiCid3 and Ryzza5 like this.
  6. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    According to that video I'm still on the grid after the 1st lap
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  7. cruciald00dz

cruciald00dz Team Driver

PSN ID
    CRUCIALD00DZ
    Good race mate, nearly all of my spins were attributed to getting greedy on the throttle on kerbs!

except lap 33, The wife snuck into the room behind me and I didnt notice, when I did notice i absolutely :):):):) myself and spun out haha

I was down to about 30% on my front left by the end of the race so i started going wide and missing alot of corners aswell, still had alot of fun!
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  8. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    One thing that I couldn't work out about 2/3rds into the race, after we had already lapped a few people, I could see 5 dots on the map ahead of me, evenly spread out, but I was already in 4th or 5th, and it seemed to stay that way for many laps. Was there a lapped car doing the same pace as us or is it related to that dodgy replay above?
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    race results?
  10. Dev1lman_87

Dev1lman_87 Rookie

PSN ID
    Dev1lman_87 Swampy_Marsh
    I'll post results soon
    Hatfield likes this.
  11. Dev1lman_87

Dev1lman_87 Rookie

PSN ID
    Dev1lman_87 Swampy_Marsh
  12. Dev1lman_87

Dev1lman_87 Rookie

PSN ID
    Dev1lman_87 Swampy_Marsh
  13. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Crap race for me started in 7th ran through the mess at the start came out in 2nd after t1 made mistake after mistake after mistake as the race went on slowly slipping back to 7th. If buts and maybe's don't get you on the podium so I need to pick my game up.
    Well done @ranok3n good win overall for the couple of battles I had were good fun nice and clean Racing looking forward to next week.
    Ant
    Clevohead likes this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  15. cruciald00dz

cruciald00dz Team Driver

PSN ID
    CRUCIALD00DZ
    geeez its getting close boys! coming for you @Ryzza5 !!!

Ive spun a fair few laps on the F1 series of games at the circuit de barcelona, hopefully i can produce the goods in a GT this weekend.
  16. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Bit tight in the mid pack.
  17. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Don't like how far I'm falling down the order. Just shows what happens when you have a couple of bad races.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    What is the rooz name for mwkw1520 ?
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  20. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    @Mick

Stu put him in Div3