Season 4 - Division 4 - Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 25, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    CAR : Ginetta GT4
    [​IMG]
    MEET AND GREET : Sunday 17th July
    ROUND 1 : Sunday 24th July
    TUNING:
    OFF - (may change for the enduro only)
    TIRE WEAR:
    SLOW - (may change for the enduro only)
    FUEL RATE: Slow or real depending on track
    TRACKS:
    ROUND 1- 24th July: Imola - 24 laps -Fuel - real - 12/7/16 - 1400pm - real time progression.
    ROUND 2 - 31st July: Nurburgring GP - 22 laps - Fuel - real / 12/7/16 / 17:00
    ROUND 3 - 7th August: Silverstone International (sprint) 2 x 22 laps
    ROUND 4 - 14th August : Bathurst - 20 laps
    ROUND 5 - 21st August : Road America (enduro) - 36 laps - fuel and Tire wear- slow. 9/10/16 @1300.
    ROUND 6 - 28th August : Catalunya GP - 24 laps
    ROUND 7 - 4th September : Brands hatch GP - 22 laps

ROOM HOST: @Nathancarhead , @Clevohead (reserve)?
    Qualifying regs :
    10 Min qual starting at 8:10 SYDNEY TIME
    Start Time : 8:20 Race start (allowing for room issues)
    ROOM CAPTAINS: @Clevohead , @Nathancarhead , @SuiCid3 ?
    TIME KEEPERS :
    TBC

ENTRY LIST (PROVISIONAL)
    1. TLR @Nathancarhead
    2. RZR @colin-50_
    3. Privateer @Clevohead
    4. HTO @PurpleDog
    5. TLR @HIGGS
    6. BHR @Rumbleshorts
    7. GRT @david88 psn daivd88
    8. NLR @Ryzza5
    9. PRT @Dev1lman_87
    10. PRT @Bevo_17
    11. SAR @bart
    12. SAR @Rod
    13. RZR @SuiCid3
    14. BHR @rossi0nsx (new member)
    15. PRT @cruciald00dz
    16. TLR @Anthonyb
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2016
  2. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    I'll have a go
    Clevohead and stucar17 like this.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    will add you to the list mate
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Alright all, generic post just to update where we are at for the upcoming season.....Please take 2 mins to read.....

The OP has been updated, and i will get the room hosts etc sorted out in the next week.....people with a solid connection if you could nominate yourself to host would be great......As always, if we need to make a change to the regs mid season where there is a clear cause to do so , then the mod team reserve the right in the interest of the league

Regs: Can confirm that tuning will be OFF for all rounds, with the only 'possibility' of the enduro having tuning. Its only a "possibility" at this stage, i just need to test the tire and fuel wear over a race length.....Tire wear will be SLOW for all rounds and this will mean that even those hardest on tires wont be killing them. With the Fuel, we will look at either real or slow depending on the track and fuel burn so it takes the need to pit out of the equation. Ideally, it will be the same through the season.
    Track list: As always we will try to mix up the list from previous seasons, and run tracks that are either new, or havent been run for a while....Hope to have these sorted next week, and will release them on the 17th for the meet and greet.
    Start date : Confirmed for the 17th July for the meet and greet and round 1 will be on the 24th July
    Div placement : as always, this is a :):):):) of a job, but have based most drivers on last seasons results and also known pace....At this stage all placements are PROVISIONAL, and there is always some changes with new entries and withdrawals as we get closer to round 1. Please keep an eye on where you are placed, if moved you will be notified. As always, if you dont see your name in the division lists please let me know, the same if you see someone WELL out of position, let me know via PM so we can look at it.

Driving standards : This is the big one this season, and something that i really want everyone to understand and follow. Most of us have been here long enough to know how this works, and with the expected close racing this season in this car, i really dont want to have to sort through 6 or 7 protests every week because someone decided to play 10 pin with the cars in front :rolleyes:. Last few seasons have been pretty good, however this car should give really close racing so everyone will have to have their brains switched on :geek:

We all know the deal.....if a car gets along side and has the corner, give them room and continue the fight. :D
    General rule is the B pillar, be aware and give room.
    Drivers who 'kamakazi' into a corner and make contact can expect a penalty if you dont redress.

If you hit another driver up the rear, and knock them off track then you
    MUST REDRESS. Wait and give the spot back. I DONT WANT ROOMS EMPTYING BECAUSE OF ROUGH DRIVING. PENALTIES WILL BE APPLIED IN THE FORM OF A 30 SEC DRIVE THROUGH FOR ANYONE NOT REDRESSING OF A CLEAR AND PROVEN BREACH.

NO SWERVING :
    Was highlighted again last season. you may change your line once, and thats it. Swerving drivers will incur a drive through penalty
    INTENTIONAL KNOCKING DOWN OF BRAKE MARKERS DURING QUAL : Not cool, any driver caught doing this will be given a 30 sec drive through penalty added to their race time.
    RETURNING TO TRACK : please be aware of those around you and where cars will be coming past on the race line if you find yourself off and coming back on.
    TRACK LIMITS : As always, the white line or ripple strip is the track limit and drivers CLEARLY exceeding then to gain advantage WILL INCUR A PENALTY. Make a mistake once or twice its generally ok, more than that and its cheating. Penalties and flags will be ON, so most of the time things are ok and the game self penalizes.

That said, there is occasion where lag or room issues does have an effect and we have seen that on numerous occasions. If you want to protest please PM a mod and room captains for a ruling. This means you will need to SAVE THE REPLAY and get a copy to us to look at the incident.
    RULES AND REGS ARE LOCATED HERE:
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/

Stay tuned for further updates and driver shuffles over the next week

Cheers stu / mod team
  5. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Look forward to having another run with these boys, was a great atmosphere last season with this lot :)
  6. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Looks like another fun season. Happy to host again this season.
    Clevohead likes this.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys, getting close to having the divs sorted, just a couple of people to fit in. By the looks of it we have a near capacity grid in every div which is great, but if you have changed your mind PLEASE LET ME KNOW !

Start times have been added in the OP, and we will announce the official track list on the 17th July, for the meet and greet.

If you know of someone who is keen to join, or someone who has indicated they were doing the season, but you cant see their name please let me know as we only have 3 slots left....

HOST : who has a solid connection and is able to do it ? BACK UP ??

Cheers stu
  8. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    I'll host again this season Stu
  9. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Got a w/end off from the missus, might try and have a steer today to see how the car is. From everything that I have read here, it should be good.

Any word on the possible tracks yet?
  10. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Haven't hear any specific tracks yet, but Stu says they will be released tomorrow before M&G.

In other news, I will add everyone new to my PSN friends list this afternoon, as I am hosting this season it is important that everyone has me as a PSN friend. My PSN is nathancarhead.

Looking forward to racing with you all tomorrow night!
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys,

Track list has been released and is in the OP of the thread. As always, will be some you like, some you dont !

I will confirm the time of day, and date later tonight, i didnt do it last 2 weeks so people wouldnt know what had been selected. needless to say if the temp is too hot at some of the tracks it does kill the tires, so will find something 'close' to the pocket for all drivers. That said, if you are killing your tire temp, and most arent than im not going to change it for 1 or 2 ;)

Please remember track limits (ripple strip or white line) and i will highlight any spots on individual tracks as needed.

Also, driver divisions will remain provisional up until about wednesday, i do have a couple of drivers sniffing around so 'may' have to add a couple....however they look like being in divs 2,3 or 4.....

Any issues please let me, ad2mny or clevo know so we can look at it.....

as always, if we need to change something in the interest of the league then the mod team reserve the right to make changes in the interest of all drivers.

Stu
  12. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Hi all,
    I will be hosting tonight, should have the room open about 8pm AEST. Am planning to run 5-10 lap races with 5min quali for each
  13. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Hi guys, Won't be able to make it tonight.
    Will be 50/50 for each race as well as the missus approaches her due date.
    She is struggling a little more this time around so I will need to be on hand and ready.
    Nathancarhead likes this.
  14. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Room Open! Jump in the party chat for an invite
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK bit of a drivers briefing before round 1 for all divs.....
    Last night race highlighted a couple of things regarding this track. If you have anything to add (constructively) or want clarification on something then shoot so we are all on the same page before sunday....

FUEL - will be set to REAL for this round. It will be tight, but you should get home with about a lap to spare. If you dont have the app, i would suggest checking you can get home without having to short shift to save for a few laps. Based on the data from other drivers last night every one should be ok.....just !

[​IMG]

trying to pass in the high speed chicanes (turns 2,3,4,- 5,6) generally ended in a nightmare for those involved. If you are slow in those 2 sections and someone has a run on you, best to give up the spot. Is very tight and trying to defend 'could' push you into a penalty.

Turns 9 and 10, there is a clear penalty if you run wide to the left back up the hill, not worth the risk of pushing track limits.

Turns 11 and 12 (variante chicane) there is a penalty if you run off the green astro turf to the right, and as per ROOZ rules and regs all drivers should be keeping 2 wheels on the white line. I think for this section of track however, it is accepted that with no ripple strip there it is acceptable for drivers to run onto the astro turf.

After the meet and greet, a few other points
    - there was a few occasions where drivers were 'pushed' into a penalty, and lost positions because of it.....a reminder that on these occasions it is advisable to redress and let the other driver back past.
    - if you get a 'cut track' penalty, please make sure you are well off the racing line if there are other drivers behind. Sometimes is tough to do so depending on the track and corner involved, but please make every attempt.
    - There were a few lag issues last night that i saw. Not much, but enough to cause a slight rub into something more. Please keep this in mind if there is slight contact.

Cheers stu
    Clevohead likes this.
  16. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Had my first drive in the car last night and found it was a bunch of fun. Even more so because I had a Sunday session and forgot last night was the meet 'n greet until the reminder popped up on the phone.
  17. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    I'd much prefer to see in-game penalties disabled for championship events. Getting pushed into a 5-second penalty is quite infuriating (regardless of the redress). Better to use the honesty system. 2 previous Gran Turismo leagues I've participated in (OzCoMoBros and Club 346) ran this way with no issues.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    We have always run the penalties on ryzza, mainly because with 60 odd drivers using the honesty system becomes an issue with finger pointing etc. that said, we generally get very few issues, it's more contact penalties that we would get anyway regardless of having in game penalties off or on.
  19. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    Ok. Wouldn't have mentioned it but 5s is pretty harsh compared to other games. They're testing a better dynamic system in pC2.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    guys, have added @rossi0nsx to this division...

He will be away for round 1 though, please add him, clean driver new to ROOZ

Cheers stu