Season 4 - Division 4 - Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 25, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    DRIVER BRIEFING - ROUND 6 - CATALUNYA GP

Pretty straight forward round this week guys, the track has no real spots that need attention as far as cutting goes, go wide and cop a penalty ! Usual ROOZ rules apply re track limits

Need to be mindful of hitting cars in front into a penalty, namely at Turn 1, Turn 10 and into the final chicane at 14. I would expect drivers to redress this within the lap if this happens.

[​IMG]

The round regs are below.
    Race day : 22nd Jan 2016
    Time : 11am
    3 X weather slots : 1- Fog / 2- Clear / 3- fog
    Tire Wear : Slow
    Fuel : Real
    The track temp starts at 20* with the fog and Tire temps peak for me at 108*. I couldn't find a setting that reduced the temp sufficiently to stop them getting into the red unless i used the fog. That said, as the wear comes down, the temp drops, so fog in the last stint should keep it under control. I have made the middle stint clear for no other reason to mix it up a little, kill your tires at your peril !

I have gone with tire wear on slow, otherwise there would be drivers well into the 40% on wear otherwise.

Fuel will be tight, but my figures have me finishing with a lap and a half spare....

Stu
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    Anthonyb and Nathancarhead like this.
  2. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Hope you do your figures better than you use to.o_O
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    So, did a race run last night with a few guys and can confirm the regs work well.
    The front left does get hot, (peaked at 116 for me) but was still drivable and had plenty of grip in the middle 'clear' stint. When the fog came in for the third weather slot the temp dropped again and the grip came back. Finished with 80% on front left and temp at the end was 102*.

Fuel was fine, no one in the room had any issue so it should be about perfect.

Stu
    Anthonyb likes this.
  4. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Ewww, catalunya.. Cyas @ around 730
  5. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Not 100% sure I'll be there on time tonight/ at all. Have been really busy with Uni work this weekend, but I'll let you guys know about 7:30ish where or not I'm racing
  6. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Not gonna be there tonight, still got some study that needs to get done. Best of luck tonight guys, and I'll see you all for theseason final at Brands Hatch
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  8. Dev1lman_87

Dev1lman_87 Rookie

PSN ID
    Dev1lman_87 Swampy_Marsh
    I can try to be host i have it before
  9. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    If anyone is redressing please make sure to do it on the straight sections, and keep off the racing line (and most of all, be predictable to the drivers behind). DO NOT drive slowly through corners. If someone uninvolved is cornering as quick as possible they do not have spare grip to suddenly brake or swerve around a moving obstacle on corner entry.
  10. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
  11. cruciald00dz

cruciald00dz Team Driver

PSN ID
    CRUCIALD00DZ
    Yeah that sucked.. Qualified on pole, got forced off the track and into a penalty on the opening lap, then divebombed and pushed off the track again at turn 13 on the last lap.. Pretty average move to say the least
  12. Dev1lman_87

Dev1lman_87 Rookie

PSN ID
    Dev1lman_87 Swampy_Marsh
  13. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Yeah I got boxed by about 3 people at the start of the race and went back to last. But looking at the times the top 4 guys were doing i don't think it would have changed my result.
  14. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Starting grid

Last lap

@cruciald00dz left you plenty of space there mate. Might want to check your mirrors next time
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  15. cruciald00dz

cruciald00dz Team Driver

PSN ID
    CRUCIALD00DZ
    @SuiCid3 it was a divebomb, that wasnt a reasonable line for that corner on any other lap of the race so i cant see how it was reasonable on L24.
  16. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Contest it then.
    I'll happily take a penalty if I'm found to be in the wrong.

Divebomb? Not in my eyes.
    I was already alongside you on corner entry.
    There was plenty of room for you to take the outside line to avoid contact but you tried to take the apex as if I wasn't there. Unfortunately for you, I was already there taking a tight line to force you out.
    Obviously it's not an ideal line under normal circumstances. But you know.. this is racing and we're fighting for position.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  17. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    Sorry to hear that CD. I can't believe how strong that magnetism was on turn one though!!! I seriously thought I had been bumped slightly from behind as I had the car stopped more than enough and poised for turn in and then it just wiggled straight/left a tiny bit as I got sucked into you. To be honest I'm unsure why you gave up the defensive line into T1 so easily.

The last lap thing is also a shame, but (ignoring which corner it is) I thought it's only a divebomb if the person on the inside cannot stop and make the corner cleanly on in the inside line. This assumes that the driver on the outside doesn't aim for the apex but takes a wide line. The reason it's "not an overtaking spot/reasonable line" is because he would've had nowhere to go for the next left, but I don't think that means he's therefore not allowed to try.

If I went for the apex in the chase (Bathurst) the other week when I saw you coming along side then we would have collided and then would that be a divebomb? Obviously there were many more laps to try and get you back on that occasion so it was for the best to let you cleanly through.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  19. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Congrats @Ryzza5 and @Anthonyb for the stellar race.
    Mistake free runs means good finishing positions.
    Was catching you guys towards the middle of the race but too many errors dropped me too far back.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  20. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Don't know how I didn't get a penalty on the start thought I had my hand brake on but didn't grabbed 1st and jumped forward so that gave me a great start. Turn 1 I braked too early sorry @rocketrod00001 for holding you up cameout of t2 behind @Ryzza5 and started to chase him braked too early again into t5 and bunched the pack again meanwhile @Ryzza5 was driving of into the distance pulled away a little myself from there on and got into a rhythm and started to try to pull @Ryzza5 back but i think we both were running at exactly the same pace he would pull a second or two out from me then I would do the same back. The boys seemed to be swapping places for third behind and running about the same pace as us in second with gap staying steady.
    A couple of lapped cars closed the gaps a few times but they all did well and fave me room when they could thanks for that.
    On the last lap I got close to @Ryzza5 because of a slow car but he got around him and got the well deserved top stop well done mate.
    Happy with another podium and a nice clean race for me.
    Well done @ranok3n and @cruciald00dz you seemed to be having a good battle either of you deserved the podium.
    Thanks heaps everyone for a good race.
    See you next week
    Ant
    SuiCid3 likes this.