Season 4 Teams Championship

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Doogle, your minimum is $80 from anyone, including if cyber decides not to retain, but then bid in the normal rounds. if you are unsigned you will be randomly placed after round 1.
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Hatfield the pricing seems a bit out of whack. Captains may only be able to retain a few of their drivers, and then will have nothing left to acquire any other drivers, leaving it to a random selection after round 1. Am I missing something? The concept works as in it will force captains to 'change-up' the teams but the pricing based on previous bids seems a bit steep? Anyone else seeing this or is it just me?
    Cyber_STIG_77, VARDZ and emmo46 like this.
  3. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Oh, perhaps I didn't read it correctly.

I thought the retainer bid was current price ($80 as listed) + $10.

I missed the part about if a driver goes unsigned they will be allocated a team after 1st round.
    As a query, why do those drivers then drop to a minimum $10 bid.

Is this new $10 price for the following season?

Either way, I expect to go unsigned this season and look forward to seeing which team I end up in.
  4. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Driver signings are already doing my head in. That's what you get having the smallest budget.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @DoogleDave you went for 70 last season so can go for 80 this season. retention is +10 (but min 40) from last season.
    @Ad2mny Captains have to manage their budget to get the best team they can. They need a minimum 8 signings and have various ways that this can be achieved.
    I agree in some of the previous bids now becoming steep, but it keeps it interesting.
    Sometimes things need a bit of head scratching.
  6. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Can I suggest for next season that everyones starting price get halved. Its just that inflation of a team is at least $80 per season and the rise in budgets simply doesn't match the rise in prices. I can see this leading to a lot of gun drivers simply becoming too overpriced to be ensured a spot in any team and the championship will come down to luck with mid season signings. Just my thoughts.
  7. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Cool, thanks mate - that makes sense now :thumbsup:
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Do what every sporting code does....increase the salary cap....lol or You can retain a maximum of 2 maybe 3 drivers at half price there value.... that way the core of the team stays and you have more $$ to shop around
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I suspect a lot of drivers are going to be randomly allocated because the captains are going to have to cull some drivers to keep their best drivers and to get good new recruits, are there any criteria that drives this selection, drawn out of a hat or just a call of judgement from Daniel. Perhaps unsigned drivers could just be left in the team for which they are already members.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    This^ quite possibly is what will happen. All depends on how well certain Captains do at preparing their teams.

Also budgets will increase as driver costs do, probably somewhere in between $50-$100 per season.
    emmo46 likes this.
  11. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    This is a good suggestion. Allows for more bidding wars but still means drivers in demand will still be at a realistic premium.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm like an expectant father waiting to see where I end up? I might start my own little team of 1.
  13. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

You should have done it the first time when it was all open no silent bidding
  14. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I have 380 and it isn't going to be enough.... can realistically see me going through approx 250 just on the guys i want to retain.....o_O my head hurts
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    How about this:
    "New Season Feature: Bonus Bidding Round
    At the end of the final normal bidding round, a Bonus bidding round may be held to bid on unsigned drivers (if there is a large amount) with their minimum amounts returning to $10 and each team receiving a bonus $100 budget"

I will decide on this once bidding rounds are almost over and it will mostly depend on whether or not there is time before the season starts.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  16. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Like this Idea. I simply can't afford to retain all the drivers I would like to.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Very quiet in here, wots happenin, I wanna know what colour to paint my Camaro.
  18. COME_AND_GET_ME7

We haven't signed anyone yet. The 1st signings should be announced today as the deadline for captains to bid on drivers other captains wanted to retain was last night. And as your one of the many drivers that the bidding was limited to in the first round of bets you should be one of the first to get confirmation on what team you'll be in for S4.
    emmo46 likes this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  20. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Would have thought captains would have made more bids unless we all went for the same drivers ;) kinda regretting not placing a few more bets as theres lots of drivers there who I feel are undervalued.