Season 5 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by KoAStR, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Just a note, but everyone should already be aware that we're back to normal race times tonight.

Practice at 7pm QLD, 8pm NSW/VIC
    Quali at 7:10pm QLD, 8:10pm NSW/ViC
    Race at 7:20pm QLD, 8:20pm NSW/VIC
  2. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Results/Fastest Laps
    [​IMG]
  3. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Ahhh, screenie's blocked at work! Just wanted to give props to the blokes for a good race last night, Chev, very unfortunate mate, I almost feel guilty taking the win this way, but then I don't, haha! :lol:

Jezza, you would have won the race if you didn't have all those issues getting into the lobby, I don't know how the hell you carve your way through the pack so quick! (Jezza had fastest lap with a 1:40.089 btw)

Pags, I finally managed to start catching you towards the end mate, was preparing for an epic battle, when, next thing I knew, I was driving by the carnage into the lead and pretty well just coasted home over the last lap and a half, you were very unlucky not to get by Chev cleanly, but I have to admit, after watching the replay, it didn't seem as though Chev put his car in the way to impede you, he just wanted to get going again as quickly as possible, as any of us would have done to be honest, that's my opinion anyway, just unlucky.
  4. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I didn't really know what was happening after my crash. Everything was kinda jerky. Sorry if I impeded anyone, it was very confusing.
  5. Pagone41

Pagone41 New Recruit

It was a good race snake. I think you deserved the win. With regard to your comments re the accident when Chev crashed into the wall, Chev claimed it wasn't his fault and that he was somehow "lagged" into the wall. I saw it was simply a mistake and he clipped the wall which left his car broadside accross the track. In this situation then the first thing to do is to make your car safe and others approaching safe by getting off the racing line to not cause an avoidable incident. You did exactly the same in practise, you clipped the wall, ended up broadside across the track, I was just behind you and you hit the reverse button and got out the way. Remember? I do coz I really appreciated it. Then make your way back to the racing line safely. I have lived this experience and can tell you with my full conviction that if this was a real scenario? A survival instinct takes over and all you want to do when across the track like that is get out of the way!! This instinct unfortunately cannot be sparked in a simulation. It becomes hard to choose what is the safest and best for the race and its competitors against what is best for "me". Having said this, Chev, I totally understand mate and I'm not upset in any way shape or form with the fact that all you wanted to do was to get the hell out of there before you get gobbled up. I would've done the same I reckon! I'm sorry for you because for the most part you drove a winning race. I'm very happy with my second position.
    Cyber Stiggy, in reference to your accusing me of cutting the chicane. Yes you are right, I did try this line to see what the difference was. This was the practise ssession and I was on tyres that were 7 or 8 laps old so I wasn't fast. I didn't practise hardly at all leading up to the race and I believe I am free to do whatever I like in practise yes? My fastest lap in practise and qualifying was virtually identical. Please review the replay to confirm that my lap times did not come from cutting chicanes.
    Jezza, spewing for you mate, you should've been there amongst it but a great drive given the circumstances and full respect not to spit the dummy and just leave. I think you're the biggest winner of the race!
  6. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Not much to say about that race for me except that it was just horrible. I hated every second of it.

I couldn't understand the massive understeer I had all race. I don't know if maybe I was trying to drive the track too hard or what, but I just couldn't come to grips with that car/track combo.

Results will be up tonight.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i hear you flood, i think i tried too hard which just killed the front tires, understeer everywhere......what really surprised me was turn 1, in nearly all my prac and qual i didnt hit the outside wall once, race starts and i hit it the first 4 laps.....every time. nothing like being consistent !
  8. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I'm just glad he was only able to do one qualy run! And he still got 4th! Ridiculous! :p
  9. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Glad I wasn't the only one Stu, I didn't have any problems with tire wear though. But my driving style is generally quite easy on the tires.

And yeah what was up with that Jezza?
    You were dropping out all practice/quali, then you asked me to wait for you to set a quali time and had no connection problems from then on.
    It was like a switch was flicked from ':):):):) connection' to 'good connection'.
  10. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Rest assured pagone, there was an issue with my game or my wheel. It has happened before, as I mentioned post race. I tried to get out of the way the milisecond I realised I was blocking the track. I have no real idea how long I was nose first into the wall, as I said, it teleported me into the wall after I had cleared it...that's what I saw.
  11. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    No worries Pagone41 i just saw you cut it a couple of times ( 2 out of 2 ) and thought i would put a subtle hint out there that it's cool to cut the chicane. And for the record i didn't mention any names i just said "you know who you are" to avoid the whole accusing scenario.
  12. Pagone41

Pagone41 New Recruit

Ok Stig, just clarifying because you actually went further than that and wrote "i was the only one doing it" I knew you were there watching mate and if you choose to waste your time worrying about what everyone else is doing is absolutely fine with me as doing this just takes it out of your performance.
  13. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Pagone41 , you are the only one who responded to my remarks, maybe guilt got the better of you and as I said before I didn't mention any names, you put yourself in for it not me. Just follow the rules and everybody will be happy.
  14. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Results for Round 4 - Monaco

[​IMG]
    1. SNAKEiSM
    2. Pagone41
    3. Chevwah
    4. jezza1
    5. Cyber_STIG_77
    6. thestig-13
    7. ENFORCER_98
    8. natmanscoop
    9. FloodSim
    10. blueyonder-666-

Fastest Laps
    1:40.089 jezza1
    1:40.262 Pagone41
    1:40.364 Chevwah
    1:40.699 Cyber_STIG_77
    1:40.866 SNAKEiSM
    1:40.866 natmanscoop *Exactly the same time as SNAKEiSM
    1:40.891 blueyonder-666-
    1:41.020 ENFORCER_98
    1:41.281 thestig-13
    1:41.681 FloodSim
  15. Pagone41

Pagone41 New Recruit

Cut the bull:):):):) Stig, you were looking for it, I gave it to you but you shot your head off way too early. You should've waited till after the race when it mattered and then lodge a dispute with your evidence. Suggesting I accused myself because of a guilty concious is laughable. I do this for fun mate not for sheep stations. To win a race fairly in the full name of sport and competition is all I ever strive to achieve and not just in the virtual world. If "everybody" is unhappy with me being in this championship, i would gladly step aside to save the relationships I have come to meet and enjoy.

You can talk to your kids like that but please not me and by the way, I obviously also interpret the rules better than you
  16. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    *Puts my captains hat on*

Fellas, in the end you're talking about something that occured during practice; I don't give a :):):):) what youse do during practice so long as everything is clean and tidy during quali and the race.

From everything I've seen from the guys in this division I have pretty good faith that we're an honest bunch.
    I don't believe that anyone purposefully tries to cut in order to make up time; if that's how you race then you wouldn't be in this league to begin with.

I am going to have to side with Pagone a little for this one though.
    @ Stig77, if you see someone consistently or blatantly cutting a corner then by all means raise it with me personally and I'll look into it. I'm running the show, I'll do the policing.
    IMO there's no need for comments of that nature.
  17. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    All i said was " make sure you have 2 wheels on the track", no names no finger pointing that's it. It was an open comment that i am intitled to make, then pagone gets a bee in his bonnet making out that i have accused him. This is a ridiculous. What comments are you talking about flood ?
  18. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Grats on the win Snake. Well done. ;)
    Leaderboard updated, and looking interesting ;)

For the record, who got pole?
  19. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

That would be me koastr. I put in a PB on my first lap of qualy!
  20. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Bastard, I mean yeah well done mate, haha, I dunno what it is, I can never get near my PB's in qualy, it's costing me big time, then you go setting them in qualy! Not cool, I mean, well done :lol:

Edit: Need Jezza to stop having issues, and Fryz needs to come back, and Pags needs to finish worse than 2nd for once, big lead in the championship there mate, much hate, I mean great work! :p

Natman, nice lap time there mate, high five! haha!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.