Season 5 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by KoAStR, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Hehe thanks Snake :D Did it on a full tank too!

Absolutely spewing that I fumbled the first lap, seemed like I was out of position at every corner!
    I thought I had room into the Harbour chicane braking zone, but tagged someone on my rear quarter-panel.
    Wall, spin, 5th to last.
    :(
    That's probably the last round I'll get time to practice for too. D'oh!
  2. Pagone41

Pagone41 New Recruit

I agree Snake, it's always great to have more in the mix and more to learn from. Funny with Jezza though, I occasionally catch up with him in open lobbies and never has a drama. I've practised with him and no drama. Come race time and it all comes apart.

Mate, I have to say it's been great fun racing with you blokes and I don't really care what position i finish as long as it's one position better than yours!! :) Ha ha! Naaa, I was very satisfied coming in behind you last race with your classic "Bradbury" this was not a gift as I think you may have stated, this was hard fought and well deserved. It needs all the skill, speed and focus to execute because you had to be right there to take it. You were!

I checked out everyone elses race in the replay and there were some great battles in there! Good racing!

Flood, I agree mate, a good bunch of blokes indeed! Thanks for putting it all together and making it a very enjoyable experience
  3. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    So I had my first run around Fuji yesterday, got down to 1:46.1, I think high 45's would be about it for me, fully expect Jezza to dip into the 45's with ease, I'll be gunning for a podium at best I think, Chev, Jezza and Pagone are gonna be the thorns in my side no doubt, haha!

Chev, did you end up hitting the 45's yeste?
  4. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I did like 4 more laps after you left and got a 46.3. I can go faster for sure....but not too much, lol.
  5. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah it's not a bad pace I reckon, will only really be Jezza or maybe Fryz if he rocks up who'll be going much faster than that, well, hopefully anyway.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    snake or chev gunna prac tonight?
  7. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

hey just had a look at leader boards and shouldn't pagone be on 86 point not 83? Whats good lap time for this weeks race i haven't had many laps at all young bloke been killing BF3 all week and i been getting some jobs done round the home, good for browny points but not championship points. Jumping on now to do a big stint before the v8's come on.
  8. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I'll be doing some practice this arvo if anyone is keen to join. And yes, Pagone should be on 86 points.
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks for double checking Bonus. Fixed up now.
  10. jezza1

jezza1 Rookie

sorry for not posting anything in here lately. ive been wanting to do race write-ups since we started but i just havent got around to it yet lol, ill make sure i do one of each race from here onwards. everyone else who does them keep doing them if you can, theyre good to read and people actually do read them, so theyre needed :D

i would have had a chance at winning snake, but theres alot of competition so it would have been tough being hunted down by you's! the race didnt go how i wanted it, getting bottomed out on the slow chicane trying to stay away from bumping and being caught in all the action, didnt think it would do that haha, oh well. during the race i was in a bit more of a rush then usual, i thought i was fully out of it after being at the very back of the pack, but a few turns later natman crashed into the chicane wall which allowed me to get a position without even having to do anything, which is good. a few bends later i snuck on the inside of flood who was also slowed down by natmans crash, and after that there was a bit of a gap between the packs, so i was trying to catch them and wait for my moments to overtake while others were battling and making small errors here and there. good work by cyber_stig mainly who managed to keep me behind him for alot of laps. during the pitstop i was right behind him, but my car was slowed right down so i lost about 8 seconds and had to try to catch up all over again. once i managed to catch up, i was trying to get around but couldnt lol. an slight error with a couple of laps to go allowed me to overtake him, but other then that it was areally good job with quick speed, not too far off the leaders. well done to everyone else too, some awesome battles!

thanks pagone. i dont have psycho's and quit, dont know who does ;). i started 4th and finished 4th, so i didnt gain anything, but i know what you mean.

i probably would have done better if i wasnt in "please work" mode, hoping the connection would hold, and being distracted by my brother who was watching and somehow doing nothing, but being a bit annoying at the same time lol. no excuses though, 1 lap = 4th = good enough for me :)

yeah that was weird. i was mainly doing 4 things...
    - quitting the online area of gt5, waiting a sec, then rejoining hoping it would be refreshed.
    - signing out whilst out of the online area, then re-signing in, also hoping it would refresh
    - turning the ps3 off, then turning back on
    - turning the modem off, waiting a bit, then turning back on

what i ended up doing to make it suddenly work, was to do an "internet connection test" after everything else wasnt working. this must have read the ps3's internet status, and properly refreshed it, so it ended up working after that. i wasnt sure it would work, but i was hoping it did because i havent really tried that before

thats a pretty good pace i reckon. after doing a little bit of practise, i know you wont be able to go much faster then that

i think alot of peoples points are off. im not sure what i should be on, but i think its a bit wrong lol

oh, maybe we should have a fight in here more often haha. div 2's page count is higher then ours by a fair bit. we should do something to get the number up a bit higher
  11. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Results for Round 5 - Fuji Speedway
    An eventful night, with some intensely close racing and a dominating display by jezza.

Race 1
    [​IMG]
    1. jezza1
    2. Pagone41
    3. SNAKEiSM
    4. FloodSim
    5. ENFORCER_98
    6. Chevwah
    7. Cyber_STIG_77
    8. blueyonder-666-
    9. natmanscoop
    10. thestig-13 (DNF)

Race 2
    [​IMG]
    1. jezza1
    2. FloodSim
    3. Pagone41
    4. SNAKEiSM
    5. Cyber_STIG_77
    6. thestig-13
    7. Chevwah
    8. ENFORCER_98
    9. blueyonder-666-
    10. natmanscoop

OVERALL RESULTS
    1. jezza1 (25 + 12.5 = 37.5pts)
    2. Pagone41 (18 + 7.5 = 25.5pts)
    3. FloodSim (12 + 9 = 21pts)
    4. SNAKEiSM (15 + 6 = 21pts)
    5. ENFORCER_98 (10 + 2 = 12pts)
    6. Cyber_STIG_77 (6 + 5 = 11pts)
    7. Chevwah (8 + 3 = 11pts)
    8. thestig-13 (1 + 4 = 5pts)
    9. blueyonder-666- (4 + 1 = 5pts)
    10. natmanscoop (2 + 0.5 = 2.5pts)

* FloodSim's 2nd in race 2 beats SNAKEiSM's 3rd in race 1
    * Cyber_STIG_77's 5th in race 2 beats Chevwah's 6th in race 1
    * thestig-13's 6th in race 2 beats blueyonder-666-'s 8th in race 1
  12. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Fuji Fastest Laps

1:46.013 jezza1 (Race 1)
    1:46.425 SNAKEiSM (Race 2)
    1:46.713 Pagone41 (Race 1)
    1:46.730 FloodSim (Race 2)
    1:46.805 Cyber_STIG_77 (Race 1)
    1:46.906 natmanscoop (Race 2)
    1:46.994 blueyonder-666- (Race 1)
    1:47.056 thestig-13 (Race 2)
    1:47.138 ENFORCER_98 (Race 1)
    1:47.279 Chevwah (Race 2)
  13. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    very tight there is seems, well done on the podium flood.Been a while since i seen you there in Div 1 and in a strong field too.
  14. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Wow, slowest div 1 fastest lap....it might be time to give it away....
  15. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Well done on that 2nd place in race 2 Flood, although if it weren't for a few optimistic dives up the inside by others (not you Pagone) I reckon I would have had 2nd, I did put myself in that position however after being in a clear 2nd earlier in the race, all I had to do was bring it home behind Jezza but instead I got into a big slide coming out of the chicane which forced me back into the clutches of Pagone and Flood, oh and Flood, next time I'd appreciate it if you didn't dive up the inside on the last corner and steal my position, lol, I was taking a very wide entry for a good run at Pagone over the line, not presenting you with a passing oportunity, but pass you did, and it was a good one too, I'll give you that!

Race 1 I should have been alot closer to Pagone aswell as over the last 4 laps I was closing the gap, if not for a few moments and a couple of SC penalties it might have been 2nd then also, ah well, that's the way the cookie crumbles, had a great time as always, and a big well done to all the lads for that ridiculously close racing in race 2, was hectic.
  16. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Jezza you're right mate. Sorry fellas. I think it's all correct now.
    Guys, it's up to the individual to check your own points tally and raise any descrepancies. Cheers.

Not sure who updated just Pagone's result for Fuji. I haven't seen any results from that round yet.
  17. jezza1

jezza1 Rookie

thanks for sorting it out koastr. are you sure im on 36 before adding the fuji points? i counted 43, but i could be wrong.

small race write-up coming tomorrow :D
  18. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim

Uhhh, there's a big huge post all about it at the top of this page.
    Reply #151 (I'm not sure if we can link to posts)

I don't know where that result came from either. I signed up for an account on the wiki but I've never edited a wiki before so didn't touch anything and soon gave up on it.
  19. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I haven't given a race report yet, but there was so much action this round I can barely remember everything that happened.

First of all, thanks to everyone for the kind words regarding my result. I don't practice for the Sunday league, so it's nice (and unexpected) to get a good result at all let alone on the podium. I was more surprised than anyone at how things went and am stoked with a 3rd.

Early on during pre-race prac I was lapping something like 2sec per lap slower than the fastest guys, so I didn't have high hopes. This continued into qualy where I started 8th on the grid. My plan was to just keep it tidy and see what happens.

One thing I've found on this track (and the same was true when we raced on Fuji in a previous season) is that you don't need to be the fastest guy to get a good result here. I'm proof of that lol.
    So long as you can keep up with everyone else through the corners, the slipstream will always keep you in contention. I kinda like it; it keeps things close.

Race 1 went largely according to plan. A few people ran into trouble and I had some good battles with a number of people. At one point there was 4 us going at it; I know Enforcer was in there but cant remember who else. Eventually Enforcer and I broke free from that battle and had a good tussle of our own for a number of laps.
    Final lap I was all over the back of Enforcer but couldn't find a way past. Final corner, all I could do is get a good exit and maybe use the slipstream to get past him on the line. And that is exactly what happened. Pipped him on the line by 0.03s for 4th place.

Race 2 was nuts. Reverse grid started me in 7th but I was last by the first corner just trying to avoid the carnage. All I can say is thank god for GT5 ghosting because it was a total sh*tstorm out there.
    People were going 3 wide into Turn 2! "No thanks, I'm not getting involved in this." So I hung back for a bit.
    Inevitably there were incidents and I found myself in a reasonably good position again battling for 2nd with Snakism and Pagone.
    Into the final lap I was behind the two of them in 4th; 3 corners from home Snakeism got a terrible exit from the right hander where I was able to sneak by..
    Into the final corner right behind Pagone, I once again did my best to get a good exit, messed it up a little but so did he..
    Turns out the stretch to the finish line is just long enough to make a slipstream pass. Once again made the pass right on the line beating Pagone for 2nd by 0.02s.

So, very happy with the result.

Would have liked to have seen less bumping and bashing though; it was a bit scrappy in parts IMO. But sprint round/reverse grids tend to be rougher than usual. Needs less raceface.
  20. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    0.03 and 0.02, that is epic! I agree, race 2 was a bit crazy, but it's always going to be the case with reverse grid as the faster guys try to make there way to the front as quickly as possible, perhaps making a dive or two they wouldn't normally make, but then again, some of the slower guys certainly don't like to give up a position either!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.