Season 5 - Division 1.

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Well Donington was interesting,...
    Qualified on the front row with a very lucky lap to put me ahead of Slambo, bullet dodged!
    Got a lightning start and jumped Sam on the run into Turn One. I had my pit strategy set for Intermediate tyres so i was planning on coming in quite early regardless, but once ahead of Sam i decided to stay out and defend from him whilst slowing my pace down to try and give Slambo a run on Sam to make his life difficult. Sadly on Lap 4 i got a hit from Sam which sent us both off into the Grass.... it did mean Slambo was now leading which helped me out a little, but that was far from ideal! I pitted that lap and then begun trying to reel off quick laps to come out ahead of Sam, however a few errors on the less grippy tyres was enough to throw off my charge and eventually i had to settle for P2 behind Sam who sadly scored maximum points.
    Heading into Dubai, i have no mathmatical way to win the championship unless i score Pole and get the race win and Sam comes 4th or lower... assuming there is no FL point for Dubai. Who wants a payday for the sake of a little 'Incident' with a kiwi?? :p
    It sucks the title could be over in Qualifying, but thats how it goes. Nothing i can do now but Never Back Down!
    Good luck Sam for Dubai, lets hope for a close fought race.
    -Bobo

Edit: My highlight of the Race:
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    Sam D Blacklock and Spidey_11 like this.
  2. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Well done Sammy I knew you were sandbagging in practice haha.
    My ffb was off in quali never got a decent lap in but never would of beaten your poll lap.
    Was being to cautious at the start letting beau and Sammy battle it out. They came together and toured the grass I Had my chance to lead the race and Defend off he two quickest but got to excited and made multiple mistakes eventually spinning out to the back of the field, decided to pit and reset my self, came out and went on 20+ lap charge to eventually catch back up found the splits somehow getting smaller to beau but spun again and settled for 3rd. Grrrrr frustration as this was the only race I was fast enough to challenge for the lead.
    At least im in the fight for 3rd in the championship now.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well done lads. Hopefully we have a much fuller grid for the final race, few lads away unfortunately.

My race was just a case of counting how many guys weren't showing up to see how many points I might get !! Qualies 6th with half a second to 3rd, so was more than hopefull the guys in front had a huge fireball at turn 1 gifting me even more points !

Lights went green and again found myself last, after giving room on the inside....when Jason and slambo spun inwas up to 6th again, and tried to stay with spider and AO but they ever so slowly disappeared into the distance. On about lap 16, I pitted, and somehow managed to pass spider while he was in the pits. He came out about 8 secs behind and I'm guessing had a few issues as the gap bounced around as he chased. Beau caught me pretty quick, so I figured my race was with spidery and not him, let him go and had pretty clear track till the end. Most frustrating was running my pb on the last lap, with 33 lap old tires !!!

Looking forward to rounding out the season at Dubai which should be a cracker of a race if we can get a full grid.
    Sam D Blacklock and Spidey_11 like this.
  4. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Loved the wet round Stu so big thank you for mixing it up a little bit :)
    Qualy was as good as I could get so I'm happy with that. A poor start off the line and being cautious round T1 dropped me back behind AOC and a slight running wide onto the back straight gave it up to mike also. Early on my screen jumped so I'm sorry if I hit you mike but I have no idea if any contact was made.
    Followed mike and AO till I spun it on the grass in turn 1. I thought tyres would wear so changed to inters at lap 22.... Bad idea for spidey. Others didn't change and the inters didn't allow me to reduce the time gap to others.
    Not as many incidents or offs as I would have thought for the field.
  5. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Hey @stucar17 any chance of getting points for last place after the effort I made to make the race? Unfortunately my wheel wouldn't work so I had to pull out in the dying seconds of warm up.
    Anthonyb, Spidey_11 and stucar17 like this.
  6. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Well, I finally took a pole position from @Beau_Albert this season, but my start was terrible, and I immediately fell about 4 car lengths behind, but still held on to second.
    I put maximum pressure on @Beau_Albert in the early laps until he made a mistake out of Old Hairpin, I looked to outside on the run up the hill but i ended up somehow making contact with the back of @Beau_Albert which surprised me a bit as i didn't think I was close enough to make contact, however I ran out on the the grass from the contact, and from what I have been told i bumped @Beau_Albert which upset his car, he then saved it but the car hit a weird bump and Beau was sent into me, @Slambobagan got past and I let @Beau_Albert rejoin the track in front of me, however he ran wide at the next turn and made it easy.
    I then set my sights on @Slambobagan and chased him down until he made an identical mistake to @Beau_Albert and so I put the pressure on, hoping my fellow cuzzy bro would make a mistake, however all I had to to was wait till T1 where @Slambobagan turned in incredibly early so I squared off the corner and made the criss-cross stick.
    I then just focused on being as fast as possible, having some scary near misses on the way, but none as scary as when i got to @jasondull1986 who's car disappeared then teleported under mine and sent me flying into the air, costing me about 3s. I didn't want this to ruin my race so I flashed my lights at Jason and he kindly let me past.
    I then pitted on lap 31 and took no tires, I came out with a 15.5s lead to Beau and finished with a 16.? second lead.
    This round was incredibly fun, the moistness really made an interesting race, thanks @stucar17!
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  7. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    I think you will get points, I disconnected in quali in season 2 at Dubai, I was awarded points for last place I'm pretty sure.
    stucar17 likes this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Calling all budding journalists!!

We require help from anyone who can put their hand up to do write-up's for the ROOZ NEWS.

If you are interested, please PM myself & @Ad2mny
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Am I able to have a go this Sunday?
  10. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    3x GRT Z4's smh
  11. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    If it's too many, you could always not race?
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    What's your problem?
  13. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Yeah there was some crazy stuff going on I'm my mirror wasn't really sure where you were.
  14. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Livery fight, tallest gets to pick theirs first.
    seth123 likes this.
  15. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Okay I want the best one then
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    You must be joking...
  17. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Nope, also don't bring ya step ladder or you will automatically be put into the G40 junior.......if you can reach the pedals.
    seth123 likes this.
  18. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Aren't you and the other midget like the same height :confused:
  19. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Nope
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I'm the captain of the team, I'll run whatever GRT livery I please. Lose the attitude, it's not a good look.