Season 5 - Division 1.

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Should make tonight. Depends on alcohol consumption throughout the day.
  2. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Im not gonna make it tonight... but looking forward to round 1 next week :)
  3. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    I'm out for tonight aswell
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Yeah im the same. Too much alcohol consumption and visitors
  5. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I'll be there but there are pretty strong winds and a storm in my area so if i'm a ball of lag i'll bail, but otherwise looking forward to seeing what tracks we'll face this season and seeing who is a contender in the Z4. See ya'll tonight :D
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I will arrive drunk and race. Visitors left early
    stucar17 likes this.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys.....will get a driver briefing up tomorrow all going to plan....

PLEASE BE AWARE OF A FEW SLIGHT CHANGES TO THE REGS IN THE OPENING POST

1. Tire change is now NON COMPULSORY, however you will need to set up your pit strategy according to your Tire wear. There will still be a COMPULSORY STOP in the room regs, you just need to decide if you want to take new tires in that stop, or if you want to run till the end. If you DONT take tires it will effectively mean you do a stop go, (held in pit bay for 'about' 4 secs), if you take tires it takes about 16 secs....and you will have fresh tires at the end to fight with guys who will be on 'about' 75% wear...will be a close thing.
    2. Remember you CAN CHANGE YOUR PRESSURES if you change tires, however the temps are really good one the track temp comes up....again up to you.

Time progression is now at X15, will mean about 8 laps in the dark before sunrise.....race will finish before noon....worked well....

Will have all the regs and everything in the driver briefing tomorrow

Stu
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  8. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Do I smell or something?! haha the only one not picked :cry:
    ENTRY LIST (PROVISIONAL)
    1. BHR @@Beau_Albert
    2. GRT @@Samsung1998racer
    3. NLR @@Slambobagan
    4. Privateer @@The_Spectre
    5. @@Spidey_11
    6. Privateer @@TheJuzzy
    7. Privateer @@zuluwoffle
    8. HTO @@stucar17
    9. NLR @@AOCleaner74
    10. SAR @@Zharvs92
    11. BHR @@SPL Racing
    12. PRT @@GOWIE22
    13. TLR @@mikeruntbike
    14. HTO @@CTRacing
    15. RZR @@holl01
    16. TLR @@v8power383
  9. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    I thought you were going privateer?
  10. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Looks like a tagged everyone in the thread haha whoops.
    Oh :):):):), I remember ages ago (Assetto Corsa love days) I said privateer but I forgot about that and wanna play with a team xx
  11. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I still love you Spidey and bidding hasn't finished yet. I'm sure you won't be without a date for the dance.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  12. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Nawww poor spidey. He feels so unloved
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Spidey_11 you weren't able to be retained as BHR had SPL & beau in the same div so due to rules, they have to wait until they have a driver in every division... but rumour has it you will be signed by tomorrow ;)
    Zachery, Spidey_11 and SPL Racing like this.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @Beau_Albert , @Samsung1998racer , @Slambobagan , @The_Spectre , @Spidey_11 , @TheJuzzy , @zuluwoffle , @AOCleaner74 , @Zharvs92 , @SPL Racing , @GOWIE22 , @mikeruntbike , @CTRacing , @holl01 , @v8power383
    DRIVER BRIEFING ROUND 1
    [​IMG]

BUGATTI - 27 laps
    Race start @4am X15 progression
    Tires - Real
    Fuel - Real
    Damage - OFF (so headlights don't go out in the case of a crash)
    Compulsory Pit stop - YES
    Flags and penalties - ON

[​IMG]

Well, here we go again, another season of PCARS !

Welcome to the new guys who have joined or returned this season, i will be doing a driver briefing for each round so everyone's clear on what is required with rules, regs and track issues.....

PIT LANE :
    1. Pit lane will be CLOSED during qualifying for this round. This is because the lap is shorter giving a false lap time as you go over the start / finish line. Any driver who "drives" into pitlane during qualifying will be penalized post race.
    (time penalty of 1 minute)
    2. PIT EXIT is the exit to the left, straight back onto the track. ALL drivers need to be mindful and watchful of cars re-entering as it is a VERY FAST part of the circuit. For drivers who are exiting the pits, you MUST REMAIN TO THE RIGHT OF THE CIRCUIT until you come up to race speed, and run your normal race line into turn 2.
    3. There will be NO fastest lap point this round due to the compulsory stop, and the false lap time that comes with the placement of the start finish line.

TRACK LIMITS :
    Track limits are pretty harsh here so i would recommend you do some practice to see where the penalties are. There are penalties pretty much from turn 2 all the way through the lap, so running all 4 wheels over the ripple strip is a penalty waiting to happen.
    As always, the Raceonoz rules state that drivers 'MUST HAVE 2 WHEELS ON THE RIPPLE STRIP OR WHITE LINE AT ALL TIMES. ANY DRIVER CAUGHT DELIBERATELY CUTTING CORNERS TO GAIN ADVANTAGE WILL BE PENALISED.
    1. PIT ENTRY : Please stay within the white PIT LANE lines. Any driver who cuts the track here to gain an advantage will be hit with a drive through penalty of 30 seconds post race.
    2. SERVING A PENALTY : If you cop a cut track penalty, please "TRY" to move off the racing line where possible, out of the way of other drivers still at race pace. Common sense here lads, penalties will apply for drivers who obviously obstruct others ;)

ROOM REGS
    1. PLEASE TRY TO BE ON TIME !
    If you cant make it on time please let the room host / captain / someone know so they can keep everyone in the loop.
    I have asked the room hosts to set up a practice room with tuning OPEN so everyone can get their pit strategy set, and then the room host will then set up the official "race room" with the tuning OFF.
    YOU NEED TO HAVE YOUR STRATEGY SET BEFORE YOU ENTER THE RACE ROOM. If anyone has any issues with getting this setup, please let us know before race time on Sunday, or check out the following vid....

The only change is that you DONT have to take tires if you dont want to. If you DONT want to take tires the select "NO" rather than symmetrical in the pit strategy setup.

DRIVING STANDARDS
    1. CONTACT :
    We are all here for clean racing, however sometimes things go pear shaped. BOTTOM LINE, if you make contact with another driver and gain an UNFAIR advantage then you will be expected to REDRESS and let the driver back through. If you don't redress illegal contact (pushing someone off track for EG) then you may be penalized post race.
    2. TRACK LIMITS : as said above, 2 wheels on ripplestrips or white line. Any drivers intentionally cutting to make advantage will be penalized.
    3. BLUE FLAGS : If you are being lapped by another competitor it is racing etiquette to move out of the way and let the leaders past. Failure to do so could result in a post race penalty. Rooms will have FLAGS AND PENALTIES "ON", so there is no excuse for not knowing they are coming through.
    4. PROTESTS : If you feel you have something to protest, PLEASE SAVE YOUR REPLAY AND SEND A PM TO THE ROOM CAPTAIN AND A MOD. DO NOT blow up in the room or on the forum. We saw last season that PCARS has a knack of doing strange things in the game, and was proven that what is seen in one players game can be different in another.....not ideal, but its what we have to work with.....
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/procedure-for-post-race-complaints-or-protests.193/

5. RAGE QUITTING : If you are found to 'RAGE QUIT" then you will not be allocated any points for that round and you cannot use this round as your "drop round". If you feel you can't continue then park up in the pits or on a part of the track so as not to interfere with the other drivers. This helps with room stability and also stops teh replays from glitching out.

All ROOZ rules and regs can be found here
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/

Sorry for the long post, just want to make sure we are all on the same page and everyone knows whats happening . .....

I am hopeful of getting to the major prize before the start of the season, will announce something as soon as i can

If there is anything you think i have missed let me know...

Thanks stu
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @@Beau_Albert , @@Samsung1998racer , @@Slambobagan , @@The_Spectre , @@Spidey_11 , @@TheJuzzy , @@zuluwoffle ,@@AOCleaner74 , @@Zharvs92 , @@SPLRacing , @@GOWIE22 , @@mikeruntbike , @@CTRacing , @@holl01 , @@v8power383

Guys, 2 things......

1. After race1 we will be looking if there is to be any adjustments to divisions based on race pace and lap speed. Any player who is adjusted up or down will have points awarded, based on race time, lap speed and common sense. Drivers who we consider to be 'sandbagging' will NOT be moved down ;)

2. We have been able to secure PAGNIAN as the site major sponsor for a few years, and as such PAGNIAN have agreed to provide a V2 COCKPIT and wheel stand for the upcoming season. This will again be a cross platform prize draw at seasons end between Gt6, Assetto Corsa and PCARS.
    [​IMG]
    THERE ARE A COUPLE OF REGULATIONS HOWEVER.
    1. You MUST COMPLETE at least 4 of the seven rounds of your championship. (connection issues will be looked at closely)
    2. A "rage quit" will see that race excluded from your 4 "raced" events.
    3. Maintain the forum rules while posting. Any members banned for any reason will be excluded from the competition
    4. Maintain the Raceonoz drivers code. Drivers with 3 or more race penalties will be excluded from the competition.
    5. The prize cannot be shipped outside of Australia.

Again thanks to Hess and his team for more great support for our community, support them where you can guys

Stu
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Holy cow!! Pagnian once again providing the goods! Awesome to see our great sponsors do these sort of things!
    Well done to the mod team for making these things happen as well!!
    SPL Racing likes this.
  17. CTRacing

CTRacing Rookie

PSN ID
    quikasrx7
    That is cool
    Would be a lot more comfortable than the old wooden kitchen chair lol.
    stucar17 and SPL Racing like this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    based on the speed of Jason dul have had to squeeze him into div 1......have spoken to V8 and he is ok to move back...
  19. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Of
    Of course V8 would, he is doing a Blindman and bagging his true speed until race time!:D
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  20. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing