Season 5 - Division 1.

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Sep 7, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, guys running mid 35s as standard race pace is a bit of a worry !
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  2. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Sorry guys, had the kids wake up and my wheel had no ffb so decided to park it
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  3. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Bugatti race:
    [​IMG]
    Fastest lap:
    [​IMG]

Guess what..... NO DSC!!!!!
    AOCleaner74 and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Geez that was an average race for me. Too many mistakes. And ran long on the final corners twice which earnt me 2x10 sec penalties. Add a 5 in for oje of the chicanes and race over.

Ill be away next weekend but look forward to the green hell!
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  5. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Well from what i saw it was a clean start to the season, yee haw!
    I've never been great at Qualifying and it's been an area Samsung has always had that extra edge on me so i was stoked to grab pole position in the dying seconds! I knew if i could get a good start i could put myself into a strong position.
    But nope i absolutley knackered it! The reaction time was good but i clearly didn't have the revs where they needed to be and i bogged down badly at the start and went from pole to fifth, managing to get 4th back into Turn 2 and 3rd back around the outside of 4. Next up was Slambo who i knew i had to dispatch of quickly as Samsung was already breaking away from the slipstream.
    Sadly Slambo was brilliant on the exits of all the corners leading into overtaking opportunities and it wasn't until a slight error from him through the Chicane on Lap 3 that i could sneak past, however Samsung was already 3 seconds clear.
    I tried applying some pressure but the gap got fixed at 3.5-4 seconds for most of the race, which on Lap 16 was brought out to 6 seconds as i got slightly impeded by some lapped cars, bugger! I pitted to try and get away from traffic and hope when Sam pitted i could be closer, which i was! By a single second.... with one lap to go. Dammit! In the end samsung played it safe on the final lap and i had to settle for 3 seconds behind. Good pace mate, nothing to choose between us all night!
    See you next week for Willow Sprin--oh.... thats the next track..... umm.... yeaaaaaaa somethings just come up and i can't make it.... sorry..... :whistling:
    *Cries in corner*
    -Bobo
  6. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Pretty ordinary race from me. Couldn't get a decent lap out in quali, but still managed 4th. I was setting myself up to get swamped at the start but for once I got a flyer! Was second until I seen my new captain Slambo beside me, so I thought it best not to take each other out and gave him room to take me on the inside, that left me open to Beau to take another position which I did not want to fight, as he would have got past sooner rather than later. Had 4th until a little error let Zulu past, I started to put pressure on him for a few laps until I had a little spin coming into the last corner:rolleyes:
    So then I found myself behind Spidey and QuickRx7 until he made an error. I think Zulu made a pit stop and after I finally got past Spidey thru his wide exit in T4, I was back to 4th and 11 secs off Slambo in 3rd.
    It was short lived tho as I hit a brick wall which lost me 15 secs.... I pitted a few laps later taking on new tyres and had a bit of close racing against Jason until I got a better exit out of the first few corners and put it up the inside of him going into the right hander. Stu was next inline and I was hoping he still had to pit, but obviously the gentle tyre wearing so and so that he is, had already pitted without tyres which put him ahead of me!
    I was catching him by a flies d!@k lap by lap until I had another spin coming onto the straight with about 5 laps to go!:mad:
    I decided 7the was still a great result racing in my div 1 debut and kept the gap to Jason and Mike to 2 secs, UNTIL, on the last corner I had a bit of brain fade and copped a 10 sec penalty which let them both thru! ( check out my sector time on the screenshot.....)
    So well done Sammy on the win, looks like it will be close between you and Beau, again! Hopefully Slambo will get closer and give you guys a 3 way battle for the title!
  7. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Why would you park the car? Should just tell the kids they get $5 for every @Beau_Albert they crash into.....cmon @The_Spectre get with it!
  8. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Good racing tonight guys, well done to Sam, Beau and Slambo. Qualified last and ran at the back all night but had some fun battles along the way. A couple of spins and a 15 second penalty at the last corner killed any chance of catching Zharvs.

I'm looking forward to next week and hope I can find a little more speed to keep up with you blokes.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    well done lads....was the best 'race' ive had and it seemed there were battles all through the grid.....

Not sure what happened in qual.....AOC and someone came together in turn 3, and i tried to make myself past, but somehow got caught up with AO.....Then next lap i tagged somone in turn 4 when they had a half slide in front of me.....Sorry to who ever that was, i was .6 up on my fastest time and tried to slide on past but ran out of talent.....

Ended up qual 7th, had a reasonable start and managed to get through the first lap incident free......by the end of lap 2 i was parked up behind spidey i think, and had Quik behind so took a punt on an early stop and came in on lap 2.....out of the traffic and clear road ahead.....thought i had destroyed it with a spin and time penalty on the outlap, but from there just managed to get through with no mistakes and brought it home....

Had a good 3 lap battle with zharves, till he copped a harsh penalty at the final 2 corners and gave me some breathing space......with about 5 to go spidey came out of the pits, if only i didnt have the bad outlap i could have pressured him, but not sure if he took tires or not so realistically i should be more than happy with 6th.

Great job lads to getthrough week 1 with no DSC, no tantrums and some great racing....bring on Willow springs, where you better have the go peddle well oiled....about 90% of the lap is at full tilt !
  10. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Firstly, well done to everyone tonight, it was really pleasant to see a nearly full room with no disconnects or rage quits, and it was just an awesome atmosphere to have so many cars on track.
    Quali was gonna be close between myself and @Beau_Albert, but in the end i stuffed up my best (and last) lap which should have been a 1:33:8xx-1:33:9xx. At least i was starting on the inside of turn 1.
    The start was odd, the green light came so quick that i think it caught everyone off guard, my initial jump was crap, but i had the revs perfect and sailed off in front of @Beau_Albert who then fell back even further. With @Slambobagan behind me i knew i just had to get as far away as possible before Beau got back past, so i spent the first few laps trying to drag the gap out but i just couldn't get away as much as i would have liked, and by the time @Beau_Albert got past @Slambobagan the gap sat at about 4 seconds, and i think any mistakes i made were mirrored by @Beau_Albert because i never really lost any time, however i noticed i gained a few tenths, and then saw he had pitted. With him pitting near half way, i hoped he was taking tires (because i wasn't) but once he came out of the pits i soon realized he hadn't as the gap was only 24s, which i eventually got out to 27s before pitting at the end of lap 25 to avoid any traffic. I came out of the pits with a 4.5 second lead, but i had to deal with the slippery tires for the first few corners (when you do a pit stop the tire pressures get changed even when you dont take tires) but once i made it into sector 2 it was all back to normal and i just had to roll home, yet a mistake free race ended at the first part of the final turn where i missed the bloody apex. :mad:

Here's some photos i got, dont wanna upload the rest as they will take up a whole page and @stucar17 will probably ban me :p.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
  11. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    i know i know... and ive never bailed on a race like that - but with a two year old in the room looking for attention and grabbing my wheel she caused a couple of spins - I was already down the back and had no FFB since the race start for some reason, it just wasnt my night, so I pulled the pin.
  12. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    you and beau were over 1.2secs up on P3 in qualifying... how the.. what?... o_O :confused: :alien:
    Sam D Blacklock and Spidey_11 like this.
  13. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Cant say i like the driving method of Sammy in the video. Perhaps for me having raced cars i cant get to grips with downshifting so incredibly quiclky into a corner or taking that much kerb.
    It clearly works for the game and proved to be quick.

Realistically youd have your engine cooking toast out the back of the car doing that or youd create insane amounts of compression lock and would be eating the wall and drinking food from a straw the next 6 weeks
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    is this the real life...
  15. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Of course not.

My point is, its not a style everyone can adapt to.
    Thats it
    Not raging or spitting bullets here. I know sammy. Kids skilled to the hills.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    incorrect. The correct response is:

is this just fantasy...
  17. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85

Im such a noobie :(
    SuiCid3 and SPL Racing like this.
  18. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Caught in a landslide,
    No escape from reality?
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  19. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Fun race last night, good to see the whole field make it to the end.
    quali was rubbish stuffed up 2 hot laps was a second off my normal pace. ​
    Started p5 got a good start rounded up 3guys around the outside of t1 into the chicane.
    Found myself in p2 with beau right behind me. Damn @Samsung1998racer so quick just drove away on the opening lap with beau real close behind. Made a mistake lap 3 and tucked in behind beau and tried to keep up but no way these 2 are in a league of there own at the moment.
    Had a lonely mid part of the race. Had a 17sec gap back to 4th and a 10sec gap to beau, pitted and Took tyres, o_O hoping it was going to pay off. came out right behind @zuluwoffle had an epic battle over the next few laps I could tell he didn't take any tyres I Had sooooo much more grip in the corners and exits. He was doing a awesome job though made it real hard to find a place to pass, lap 20 I think it was got a good exit out of the last corner and made a fully committed move up the inside under brakes into turn 2 chicane was a hold ya breath moment, was either guna work or end in disaster luckily I pulled it up and the pass stuck from there I saw spidey was 12 seconds ahead wasn't sure if he had pit or not so had to try catch him luckily he pitt a few laps to go and cruised home in 3rd with beau and Sammy 30+ seconds up the road:eek:
    Well done Sammy:thumbsup:
  20. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Yeah @MrF1 i started doing it as a habit (playing tons of F1 probably doesn't help either) and from watching others do it on YouTube. Wow no re-watching it its actually quite bad haha, oh well I'm gonna try get it back to normal before Willow, as i did crap all practice for R1 and i never actually took the time to get used to the car after not playing Pcars for nearly 2 months.

Also as for track limits, i follow the Rooz rules which are quite lenient and i do everything i can to be quick without doing a Benjamin Smith through T1.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016