Season 5 Track Selection

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by OuttaAngst, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Guys,

Taking suggestions for tracks to race on in season 5.

Also let me know if you want to keep the 7 race/4 normal/2 sprint/1 enduro format.

Also are you happy to keep the drop your worst round rule?
  2. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    I'd like to drop the drop your worst round or make it that its got to be your worst round that you finished not one that you didn't start in or you disconnected from because I find this unfair for everyone that starts and finishes every race
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I tend to agree but there's another way that's a bit more leniant.

What about Championship bonus points for showing up and finishing every race (legitamit disconnects can be considered a finish).
    This would offset the drop your worst round rule a bit in the case that some people simply didn't start at all on one occasion.
  4. Aza2672

PSN ID
    This sounds like a way of making it fairer for everyone without upsetting to many people:cool:
  5. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Drop worst round is great, life gets in the way of gaming at times, like father's day etc. I think it's a perfectly reasonable rule.
    E.g. I'm Going to Bathurst this year, should I have to take a PS3, screen & cockpit up the mountain & stay sober(ish) raceday to stay competitive in the championship?!

Also I like the sprints, wouldn't object to 3 of them, but maybe reverse the track, not the grid for 2nd race one round.

AND how about a spread of race distances for regular rounds? So that the smooth 1-stoppers don't ALWAYS have such a massive advantage over us tyre shredders?
    Yes I know tyre management is a skill, I'd just like to see more variation in potential strategies.
  6. Aza2672

PSN ID
    yeah but I dont think its fair that the people that turn up all season every round get jumped in the season standings by someone who doesn't turn up to every round.
    That would mean that the person that turns up for every round is getting penalised rather than the person that doesn't turn up every round
  7. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Agreed, If this isn't possible, maybe something like Koastr suggested. Something should be done to keep the grid levels high.

Longer races too maybe.
  8. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

I'm easy when it comes to tracks and number of rounds. I do like the format we have been using and i dont think i'd change it too much..

Aza and Koastr have both made solid points about dropping your worst round/bonus points. I think that those things should be considered. It would encourage people to show up every week while also making it fair on those who do show up every week.

I think dropping more than 1 round is ridiculous haha :p
  9. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Looks like I might have to make the cockpit portable! Oh yeah, no network on mt. Panorama. :p

It isn't "drop a round you've won" - I don't see it as a penalty, what if you get lag-punted one round, or spun-off unfairly?
    Making every round can only maximise your point score vs. Someone who misses a race & has 1 average/bad round as well.

Take it as an opportunity to go do something else one weekend if something clashes with league race time.
    That said, I wouldn't object to 1 or 2 bonus points for making all rounds to keep peeps from losing sleep.
  10. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

7 rounds with one round you can drop is good for the majority of those racing. Most have at least one day in the 7 they can't make it and I think its fair. If someone pips you because of the drop 1 round rule, it only means they were better over the 6 rounds when you think of it. To beat someone only because you were at more events doesnt give a true reflection of the final standings on the leader board. So think of it as a 6 race championship with an extra race that doesn't count, but you got an extra week to possibly get a good one, so the advantage of being at all rounds is already accounted for.
  11. Aza2672

PSN ID
    I think there should be some sort of bonus points system though for turning up to every round (no pun intended):cool:
  12. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I was going to say I agree that the drop your worst round rule might need to be tweaked, but after thinking about it, I am more leaning towards Bonus & natman's side of things. I think we keep it for the season ahead. For now at least.
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hi Guys.

A couple of things i think need tweaking with the scoring.

1. Drop you worst round should only happen for rounds that you start and finish, with dropouts seen as a DNF. If you don't start, then you cant use it as your worst round. I like the reward idea for drivers racing every round, but would have to be maximum points, ie 25 for racing each week. Most of us raced alll season in div 2 so we cancel each other out.

2. The system for reverse sprint rounds is flawed in my opinion. I think that the system should work by your average finishing position over the 2 races, and point allocated accordingly, not the current system where race points are added together for each race to get the winner.

3. Longer races, shorter qually. a f1 type system where only 10 mins for qually means we can have longer races and different race strategies. Most of spend a lot of time practicing before the race anyway, so faster times only come with lower fuel, the grid is generally close to being in the right order anyway.....

At the end of the day though am keen to race what ever is decided

Stu
  14. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I can see exactly where your coming from with this, but in all honesty, it's a bit too harsh for my liking, if you cannot possibly make a race and the rest of your results are all podiums, for example, your not going to want to throw those points away, for instance, I'm getting married early October and then I'll be going on a honeymoon after that, there is sure to be a race during that time that I cannot possibly attend, the rest of the rounds mind you, I have every intention of attending, so why should I be punished for showing up every other race?

I'm not having a go at you or anything Stu, just voicing my opinion, in a perfect world, where everyone attended every race and disconnects were a non issue, your suggestion makes perfect sense, but the fact is, not everyone will attend every round, and it's not just out of pure laziness or forgetting but for legitimate reasons, if you get what I'm saying. That's my 2 bob anyway.
  15. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I saw we used to have times down pretty early, but also people doing last minute Schumaker times and stealing poles after the nominated time allocations for qualy had finished.
  16. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Essentially isn't your proposal and the existing system giving the same result?

Example
    Driver A: 5th + 5th (average 5th) = 10 + 10 = 20pts
    Driver B: 4th + 6th (average 5th) = 12 + 8 = 20pts

The decider in this scenario is highest single finish position. Driver B wins 5th position and scores 10 points for the championship round.
  17. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    For the most part I am happy with the way everything is run, so I've voted for everything as it was last season.

One idea I would throw out there for consideration is a change to qualifying. Stu proposed shorter quali, but I suggest going one step further and giving everyone only a single hot-lap.

Obviously this would need more coordination amongst drivers but I think we could come up with a system that isn't too difficult to understand; and leaves more time for racing.
    Maybe something like a standing start from a set point on the track before the start/finish line, and having a driver take off in 30s intervals?

I can see that adding an interesting twist to the grid and could lead to more exciting racing.
  18. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    completely agree on the reverse grid format.
    change it to half points for 2nd race.
    no arguement at all.
  19. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I was thinking something like this too, but I wouldn't be starting from a point on the track, otherwise you'd come flying around on your hot lap to find a bunch of cars everywhere. I'd suggest everyone being in pitlane and starting from there. then you get your warm up lap, then your hot lap and the next guy can start when the previous guy has started his hot lap. This would be a decent enough gap for the guy to finish his lap and the next guy to get up to speed for his hotlap.
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Koaster, I will look over the Madrid results compare both variations of scoring. I had in my head that the spread of points for the top 3 made a big difference when compared to just the av finish position over 2 races. Will look at it tomorrow and hope I haven't made a goosE of myself!

Disturboed, I love the idea of just 1 hotlap, BUT it would be hard to coordinate plus time consuming. If you had 10 drivers with a 1'min lap that's at least 20 mins of qually with all but 2 drivers in the pits. I would rather spend that time racing.

I like the theory of it though!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.