Season 5 Track Selection

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by OuttaAngst, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Regarding the hotlap idea, I like it! Everyone could get on track and line up somewhere safe on about halfway around the circuit, then leave in 20 second intervals. Do one hot lap and then park it. Could say limit it to 4 racers on hot laps, then a break to make sure they are not impeded when the cars come around. Then send another 4, rinse and repeat. That should get quali done in about 10 mins and we can dedicate the saved time to racing.
    Probably have the division captain manage the order of who goes out and when. They should probably go last.
  2. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I like the way it is Arcade cars, drop a round I really enjoy qual too. Personally I wouldnt change much. If you want to make qual shorter make it 15 mins.
    Re the points for sprint rounds, I think people were pissed I got 2nd overall one round when I finished 10th and 1st :p I felt a little guilty but hey that was the scoring system.
  3. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    @ OuttaAngst
    That's pretty much exactly what I had in mind.
    Perhaps the idea could go in a poll?
  4. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Hotlap idea is epic!
  5. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yep with you Pies, this is how all reverse grid races are in the real world, not many do it any more though.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773

i think the issue is that because the spread of points for the top 3 is more, then it can scew the overall results.

eg..... (bare with me on this!!)

1st (25 pts) and 10th (1pt) gives 26 with av finish of 5.5

4th (12pts) and 6th (8 pts) gives 20 with a higher av of 5th.

I think the av finishing position should be used for points, with the fastest lap to determine winner if its a tie anywhere.

Tek, no one that i know of had the :):):):)s, just the way the system is but i think a few of us saw it as a possible flaw.

Stu
  7. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Yep, I agree with this. This is the most logical way IMO.

I don't really understand why some say the reverse grid race should only have half points.
  8. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Half points is for the reverse grid race only, first race full points and add both together for the race result. Its how they scored it in the v8 supercars when they did reverse races, they eventually scrapped them due to costly repairs.
    The top drivers qualify up the front and the race sorts out the race top drivers, so full points for the first race are fair and square going to the top drivers in the first race. The reverse race is a luck fest as the top drivers fight to get back up the front. Some get there but some don't because they were held up or got involved in accidents, so their total race outcome is out of their control. I like the reverse races but believe half points for the second race would give you a better representation of who was the better driver of the race event in total. You can put it to the test in races we have done and see what you think. A driver who poles high then gets First race one then last in race 2 scores 25+0 and rightfully beats someone who get last then first 12.5+0. It look fairer than the average thing you are talking about cos the 2 in my example are on the same average.
    I'm just explaining why i like the half point Idea, I'm not saying this is what we should use just saying have a look at it and see what you think, our div Captains would like it simple to calculate to, so what ever is decided on should have them in mind too.
  9. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Half point idea for second race sounds pretty good.
  10. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Totally agree with the half points setup for reverse grid races, like Bonus said, that's how it was done in the V8's and in all honestly that seem's to be the fairest way of going about it, in my opinion.
  11. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Thanks for explaining that Bonus.
    Now that I've read that I'm leaning towards agreeing with the half points idea.
  12. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

You would be spewing if it was reverse grid and you came from last to first all the way through the pack, only to get half points. Just another way to look at it lol
  13. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

No you wouldn't trusty, if you are starting in last it means you had a win and got the full 25 points in the first race, and another win is more than anyone else got giving you an unbeatable 37.5. Just need to put it to the test to see how it works with what happened in the races we run so far to see if it is the fairest way to award points or not.
  14. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    exactly. bonus.
    Half points is much better.
  15. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    So what tracks do we reckon?

What haven't we used yet? 30 laps of SSR7 in the Kubelwagon?

EDIT: Tracks that haven't been used in ANY season:

Daytona Road Course
    Circuit De La Sarthe
    Indy road course
    Cape Ring (except for south)
    London
    Special Stage Route 5
    Special Stage Route 7

Only used once tracks:

Monza
    Suzuka
    High Speed Ring
    Fuji

there are others but these ones haven't been used in a while. Grand Valley needs a rest this season (Sorry Aza).
  16. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Well, London hasn't been used becuase it's absolute bollocks, haha! or is it pants?
  17. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

I like Indy Road Course. I think that shoud get a run.
    SSR7 can be ruled out i think haha.
    I agree with SNAKEiSM about London.
    De La Sarthe is one my least favourite tracks.

I'm ok to run any other track.
  18. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I vote for one full wet race this season to mix it up abit, maybe monaco wet. Cote de wah or what eva they call it lol.
  19. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    If London had a pit complex, It would be my favourite of the street courses.
  20. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

I'm a massive fan of Indy road course, Le mans & Cape Ring, in that order. Only prob with cape ring is that jump potentially causing carnage, but then again it's Sweeeeeeet when you nail it!
    It'd be nice to do Suzuka again too, maybe weekend before F1s are thee I.R.L? I think we should have a "rest weekend" on 7th Oct. -too much motorsport to race!

Probably my best battle ever was the "random racing" night when I did 1/3rd of a lap at le mans side by side with floodsim. GOLD!
    Hey now I think of it - random racing tomorrow night anyone?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.