Season 5 Track Selection

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by OuttaAngst, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    agree ss7 is a stupid race track
  2. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Just curious to know if Suzuka was used in Season 1. I never participated in that particular track with GTLOZ. (Only Figjam during Prologue, and he probably doesn't even remember kicking my ass).
  3. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    im all new to this online racing stuff, so i just happy with putting my foot down and trying to get my arse around the track faster then every1 else lol. on a serious note; 7 races is good. as for the race length sprints and medium are great it keeps the blood runnig, but i do think that the season should have a mix of all races. maybe an enduro at the end or med way through the season will mix things up 4 all. and bonus points for people that start and finish evey race is good but not fair i think, as live can get in the way of hobbies such as online racing. the drop a round rule i'm 50/50 on my thinking, if ur going to comitt to something u should make sure that u can hold that comittment. ENOUGH TALK FROM ME LETS RACE !!!!
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Haha nice attitude aussie_man!

Last season we had one enduro at the end, the season before we had two enduro's midway and close to the end.
    Going by the votes we'll probably have one enduro this season.
  5. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

yer enough from you Aussie back in ya box, lol. The mix of races we have had in the past has been good you will like it, the dropa round is good for those disconnection moments (know them?) and that thing you call life, most have to deal with one of them throughout the season, so it fair to most. As for points i think we have addressed the reverse round points and all others will be as normal for now, so no extra for just turning up yet.
    Might be on over the weekend to test out some of the suggested tracks be good to get a few in to do this promo video.
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea I think we can confidently go ahead with the promo. I'm going to close the Car Poll soon, and I doubt it's going to swing by 5 votes in that time...
  7. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Yar, definately was. It was the 2nd race if i'm not mistaken. I remember it well as I remember someone doing a late dive into the pits and smacking straight into the dividing wall head on.
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Are you racing this season disturboed? I don't have you down ATM
  9. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    bloody oath i am
  10. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    You're right mate, I don't remember that at all. Did I drive clean or dirty lol?
  11. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

You used to drive the corvette and i'd use the the Ford GT. Usually around Suzuka and i'd always struggle to get a win against you. You were always clean. I never had the wheel at the time. Having guys beat me all the time made me realise I'd have to get a wheel to compete on even grounds. There was a guy called Elroy in your friends list who I work with who also raced you. Small world.
  12. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Ahh yeah, it's coming back to me now. Too many shandies without lemonade since then. Actually was that Suzuka or Fuji?

I'm not beating too many drivers anymore lol.

Say g'day to Elroy for me, haven't seen him online for ages.
  13. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    back in my box ay. What colour is ur car again? that right its RED. Looks like i going to spend all season picking RED duco out of grill !! lmoa.
  14. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    my picks for tracks would have to be;
    Rome, London, SS Route5, Tokyo, High Speed Ring, Indy Road Course, Autumn Ring FULL and Coted'Azur
  15. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Any idea on when this will be finalized?

My picks would be:
    Tsukuba Circuit
    Road Course - Indy
    Fuji Speedway GT - Sprint Round
    Autumn Ring
    Deep Forrest
    Cape Ring Inside - Endurance
    Laguna Seca Raceway
  16. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Now that the car's been sorted, track's can be tested. I'd say it will be finalised this week mate.
    I think Outta's working on it and will announce the Season 5 calender soon.

I did a tally of the track nominations. Including your latest votes dougz here's the track rankings.. pending testing for suitability (for instance you might find even though it got a few votes, lemans is a bit long and boring given the terminal speed of the G37)

1. Suzuka x6 (used only once before)[/*]
    2. Indy Road x5 (never used before)[/*]
    3. Daytona Road x5 (never used before)[/*]
    4. Monaco [cote de azure] x5 (used only once before)[/*]
    5. Monza x4 (incl 1x wet vote)[/*]
    6. Lemans [Circ de la Sarth] x4 (never used before)[/*]
    7. Fuji x4 (used only once before)[/*]
    8. Cape Ring x4 (only south variant used once before)[/*]
    9. Tsukuba x4[/*]
    10. Autumn Ring Full x3[/*]
    11. Laguna Seca x3[/*]
    12. Nurburg GP/D x2[/*]
    13. Rome x2[/*]
    14. Tokyo x2[/*]
    15. Deep Forest x2 (used alot!)[/*]
    16. Madrid x1[/*]
  17. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    i agree with that KoAStR. the G37 takes forever to get to top speed. i was stuffing around lastight on all the tracks, and found the G37 was more suited to medium sized tracks with a medium to longish straight. but also due to the gear ratio in the G37 it tends to either be slow out of sum corner and abit arse happy out of other. so pending on tracks this season it either going to abit boring or tight as hell. whatever the out on track selection it going to interesting to see how it goes. As i'm put in alot time and effort with trying to getting up to pace, just hope i'm up the pointy end of the field this season as it's my first.
  18. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Aussie, based on how you went against MIKI around cote d'azur you will be fine, handing a few of us our asses!! He was scratching his head last night how to make up the sec and a half you had over him !!!

Spent some time with Miki and Koaster last night around Rome, Cote and Monza, i agree that medium tracks would suit the best....The slip stream wasnt as big as the mclaren so with the car being relatively slow if you get a gap it is hard to track down the front runners, or maybe that was just my lack of talent coming to the fore again !!!

And veno, you will be pleased to know that last night i continued with my 1 crash per race from a good position, which like last season stuffed everything up for me. Lots of work to do me thinks.

Will be on tonight from about 10 if anyone keen to join

Cheers
    Stu
  19. Venosuala

Venosuala New Recruit

And I'll be counting on you having at least one off per race next season too Stu. Pretend your kids are in the back seat. It helps me!
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Outta's gonna have the track schedule finalised pretty soon.

We're looking at shifting the practise/qual/race time from the current 10/20/30-35min split to 10/10/40-45mins.
    I've adjusted the Division X Race information threads, and the number of laps for the calender will be set accordingly.

Also looking at no mid-season break.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.