Season 7 discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 14, 2017.

?

Road car or race car for season 7

Poll closed Mar 30, 2017.
  1. Road car

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. Race car

19 vote(s)
    82.6%
  1. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Well in that case. Open wheelers are an absolute POS! Cant imagin spending 7 weeks driving that boring crap heap.

Lol see what i did there.
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Not to mention it was said prior to last season that we would be racing it after it came a close second last season.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I know, the whole time I was tucked in behind him I could see it banging away through his back window.
  4. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Lol. You just proved my point. It doesn't bother me if anybody doesn't like open wheelers, it's their right to have an opinion and express it. Imagine you and I are forced to eat the same lunch and I decide that we're going to eat a turd sandwich, I'd expect you to speak up about it. I'm not even that big a fan of open wheelers, I'm just advocating variety and have a strong dislike for the V8SC.
  5. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    It was said it "might" be.
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    You have voiced your opinion and then decided to knock back on anyone who supports the v8. Relax we know how you feel about it
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    "I am actually thinking about making the call that the v8 will be the car for next season"
    Guess it was a good way to shutup the v8 supporters
  8. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    That's up to Stu, not me. Has nothing to do with me. I'm just pointing out that it was never locked in.

If you want to censor opinions that differ from your own then I don't know what to say. People have repeatedly said they want the V8, I've repeatedly said I don't want it. No difference there. You seem to be taking it personally and getting upset about it, I'm just trying to have a conversation. Either way I'm not looking for an argument with you, we just have different opinions.
  9. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    The biggest thing I have seen here at Rooz is that you can please some of the people some of the time... you all know the rest. Sure we all have our preferences and our strengths and weaknesses in different cars but adapting to something out of our comfort zone has its merits.
    Every season Stu walks the line between something that is easy enough to drive that it provides good racing but hard enough to challenge us at the same time. I never clicked with the sierra and was mid div 2 pace at best competing in div 1 but still had fun and when I got a top 5 finish at Spa I was elated.

I would race a shopping Kart if it got me out of cooking dinner and doing the dishes on a Sunday night. So be it an open wheeler (which are great fun), V8SC (tough but rewarding) or LMP1 (super fast, easy to drive, gives great side by side racing) I'm in whether I'm at the front or back of the pack. Whatever Stu picks will be for the betterment of Rooz as a whole and I don't think he has let us down yet.
    SuiCid3, Anthonyb and jasondull1986 like this.
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Im not trying to have an argument at all. Just seems that those who oppose the v8 get more salty than those who oppose any other car. Simple as that
  11. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    People who tend to hate the Supercar generally cant drive it, What do you expect from an actual race car?
    Once you realise the throttle isn't a button and 650hp does spin wheels you enjoy it.

Plus it adds more variables for better racing,
    JonoStan96 and Zachery like this.
  12. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    I'd be happy to go head to head and make a community event for a Sunday night in the V8 Supercar if it misses out yet again because of one or two guys having a piss and moan, like really it's time to pull the :):):):)ing trigger and get it done
    JonoStan96, Zachery and jasondull1986 like this.
  13. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I wouldn't say the people can't drive it the just can't get a feel for it. I bet those that don't want it if its picked will still be competitive
    dj2ca and SuiCid3 like this.
  14. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Who asked you
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  15. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    You're assuming a hell of a lot there Seth.
  16. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I think we think more along the lines that a racecar shouldn't be a 2 tonne barge :p
  17. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Ahhh, blackmail.

:cool:
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  18. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Well said. And yes ill be keen
    v8power383 likes this.
  19. Coojak3009

Coojak3009 Rookie

Open wheeler please
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Jeez that was fun to read hahaha
    It seems the guys in Div 1 don't mind the V8 because they understand how to keep a car on the black stuff, while some of the lower div guys think it handles like poop beacuse they seem to think the throttle can only be applied at 100% or 0%

How about this, we orgaines a night for everyone to jump online and if it was a league night, and get the freaky fast guys to demonstrate how to drive the dam car. By the end of the session, all these "haters" would probably realize it's actually not a bad car if you drive it properly.
    JonoStan96 and Zachery like this.