Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

From Warrior's replay, that incident was caused by you moving across to the right, squeezing me into Jono, I broke to avoid contact with you, which caused Jono to take my right front wheel off, spinning me which took both of you off the track.

So hopefully at Hockenheim you will be more aware of how much room you have to move when approaching a braking zone.

I'm not having a go, this is a racing incident. But I feel it would be helpful to correctly understand how the incident unfolded.
  2. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Ok cool, just wondering, when a real driver gets a ban does that mean a sub driver can jump in or does that mean the car cant be used?
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    They're replaced.

Jerome d'Ambrosio replaced Grosjean at the 2012 Italian Grand Prix, and before that JJ Lehto replaced Michael Schumacher in the 1994 Italian and Portugese Grands Prix.
  4. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Well done ban the person for 2 weeks who only shows up maybe every 4th race, if that
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Why ban me?? ;)
  6. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Haha. Good one.
  7. cruciald00dz

cruciald00dz Team Driver

PSN ID
    CRUCIALD00DZ
    Well chief i will lay out a few points for you, although I don't particularly care what you have issues with.

1. I have no idea how to exit a PSN chat
    2. If qually is running, perhaps mention it. As I have already stated I didnt know qually was on, the name change to 'F1 SLEDGE CHAT' came up as a notification on my phone, so to my knowledge the series was over and we were just going to have some banter sledging each other.
    3. Respect is a two way street
    4. I did not have the pace that all of the self titled racing gods in this league had so i respectfully withdrew to ensure i wasnt a blue flagger, which again leads me back to point 1.
    5. Although I would love to continue racing in this league I do not have the patience to deal with hurt egos and the general poor group dynamics that has encompassed the 'ROOZ F1 League'

edit:

Perhaps grouping ALL of the divisions into one league was a poor choice, For next season to ensure a certain quality of driver for your league you could do similar to the Sunday league where you have to post a video of your driving with controlled setup conditions. Then based on the numbers divide into separate divisions.

I know personally i would enjoy racing people of similar skill level who realize not everyone spends 40h a week on a PlayStation racing car "simulator".
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    Anthonyb and Benjamin J Smith like this.
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Please dont group us all as self titled driving gods. never have i seen anyone describe themselves in that manner.
    also, none of us spend 40hrs a week on this game.
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID

Yep, a field of 5 cars per div sounds so much fun... What can you expect on such a small base to work with?
    We've had 8 different winners this season so there clearly aren't too many who spend 40hrs a week on it...
    Sam D Blacklock and Zachery like this.
  10. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

I need to srart doing 40hr weeks then. I might quit work all together.
  11. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    lol no one does 40hrs of practice man. i do about 2 prior to the race each week.
    seth123 likes this.
  12. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I think that's his plan to get up there hahah, I'll jump on for the usual Tuesday night practise but I don't often finish that anymore :eek:
    Zachery likes this.
  13. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah im the same, i do an hour or so on TT, then the practice run Tuesdays just to have a suss of tyre wear.
    seth123 likes this.
  14. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    I do about 10 laps either the day before or an hour before the race just depends on schedule, Only exception was Monaco i did a heap of practice that week
    Zachery likes this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I had trouble the leaving the chat too. Since I still use PS3 for GT6, every message pops up and it gets annoying. So now that I leave it each week, I got good at it lol
    I do this through the mobile app
    1. go into the chat in question
    2. top right tap on the 3 horizontal dots
    3. tap on details
    4. top right tap on edit
    5. tap on leave
    6. tap yes when it asks if you're sure you want to leave

I also thought of splitting up into 2 rooms/divisions but we need to get more than a full grid for that.
  16. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    I'M A RACING GOD YAAAAY!:cool:
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Cheers to Warrior for showing me this cool trick on Sharefactory :)
    [​IMG]
  18. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Qualfying: P1 - My best qualifying performance so far I think - I put in two solid banker laps and then Zharvs nailed in a 20.3 out of nowhere. But on my last fast lap I had a stellar sector 2 to put together a 20.0 - video below

Race: P2 - I got a good start but a little timid into turn 1 as I wasnt sure what @Zharvs92 was going to do on my outside, but I got out in P1 still. For the first stint I had Zharvs on my tail and I was trying to pull a gap, but we were pulling away from the rest of the field. I pitted too early on the first stop and couldnt quite get my mediums switched on on my outlap. I knew that Zharves knew that I was planning to pit on 7 so I went early to try and throw him a bit but ultimately came out just behind him after he stopped a lap later.

I just kept with Zharvs most of the 2nd stint just conserving fuel and tyres a bit and went for the undercut, which worked out as I had a cracking out lap on the softs and made up over 2 seconds on him, but I had no answer a few laps later as I got an average run out of the last corner and he made the pass under DRS. After that was chasing with everything I had but I couldnt quite get close enough out of the last corner to make a pass under DRS but on Lap 33 I had a good run and dived in there, fortunately he gave me enough room and I managed to make it stick around the outside at turn 2 - the pass of my sim racing career i reckon.

Now leading I just had to hold him off for a couple of laps on dying tyres (my softs were over 80% by the end of the race) and coming onto the last lap he got a run under DRS, not quite enough to pass, but enough to make me go defensive into turn 1. He got a slightly better run out of turn 1 as a result, clearly didnt get the "Multi 1-2" radio call and we were side by side into turn 2, this time me inside and him outside, and there was slight contact as we both tried to squeeze each other a bit it and ultimately i lost momentum - it could have gone either way,

I was hoping Zharvs might make a mistake as the tyres degraded late in the race, but he did a great job to keep it all together under pressure and finally turned that pace he's had into a win.

Despite the dramas back in the pack, it was cracker of a race up front - race highlights video below

19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Well that was an interesting one to say the least.

I realised in practice the Supers were pretty much worthless on a full tank, so I decided to start on softs, to my surprise I lined up 5th, a brilliant lap which I was very happy with. I tried a new camera angle this week to try and regain some confidence, and it worked a treat, my new F1 Championship Edition style angle was giving me a lot more consistency than the narrower one I was using before.

I got a fantastic launch but Spectre broke really early which squeezed Warrior into me, sadly for him he had nowhere to go. Then Razor got around everyone to be next to me and Benny into 3, unfortunately Benny clipped one of our wheels in the funnel and was out on the spot. This managed to spin both Renaults in a hilarious tandem display.

I was lucky to avoid any damage, so I pressed on to pass as many as I could before the first stop. To my amazement overtaking was much easier here than Canada. Once I found myself in the lead I knew I could make this work if I could stretch these tyres to lap 14. Which I managed to do, so I came in for another set of softs. In mostly clean air while the Red Bulls were on mediums, I put in about 15 qualifiers to put myself in a position to be in striking distance at the end. I thought back to my winning strategy at Spain, the scenario was delicious.

I had 6 laps on fresh super softs to make up 10 seconds. I was up for the challenge. Unfortunately as seen in the video that plan was skittled when I came across Bounty and lost a front wing. I couldn't believe it. Having seen the lap times the Red Bulls were doing at the end (1:27's) and the state of their tyres, I'm certain I lost the win.

I came out in 5th but half spun at the chicane, and dropped to 6th. At least the end of the race gave me one highlight, in all my years in Div 1 GT6 I don't think I've actually overtaken Warrior on track, save for a community event. So to get past him around the outside of turn 1, after all these seasons of torture he's given me I had every right to be yahooing for the final lap! :p

Like I said before, apart from the race killing incident that was my most fun drive, taken out lap 1 then having a shot at the win thanks to a killer 2nd stint, I loved every minute of it.

Well done Zharvs on a fantastic win, thoroughly deserved! 8 winners so far this season, we've already equaled 2012, can we reach the record of 12 in 1982?
    warrior2167, Bounty05 and The_Spectre like this.
  20. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    New rule; every thumbnail has to be the rear wing
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.