Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    It's much harder to make the Rear Wing the Thumbnail than it is to make the standard view the Thumbnail.... HOW ARE WE ALL MANAGING THIS SO MANY TIMES???
    seth123 likes this.
  2. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I'm gonna either say you can edit the thumbnails or the fact the game has no virtual mirror you spend alot of time looking backwards insted of whats in front of you??
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  4. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Why do you keep cutting at the part of the track which is turn 4? Just wondering haaha
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Probably youtube's bizarre algorithms, just might add too that on youtube the sound is completely out of whack on my video, the cars are way too quiet despite it being perfect in the capture gallery.
  6. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Just cos it's after the Drs zones basically and there's where all the action happened. After turn 3 is mostly single file til the drs zones again
  7. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Might be some sort of glitch or a bug or its probably just me or codies whatever.
    But set up car different for the race. Googled and followed others tips and instructions for less tyre wear over a race. Did nothing for the tyrs what so ever. Still wore at the same rate as speedier set up. The only thing it did do was make me slower.
  8. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    I don't think much would have significantly impacted the tyre wear at Hungary, it has a lot of high lateral load corners and changes of direction (especially in sector 2) so the tyre wear will always be fairly high there.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  9. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167

To top off the disastrous first lap I had, I got done for speeding in the pitlane to and I had to serve a drive through. Now having finished two races, I'm starting to get the hang of it and I can work on ironing out my mistakes. Like before the race I was caught out fumbling with my tyre strategy and I didn't take some of the fuel out.

Just to show that fastboy wasn't all bad, I had a good battle with him just before my 2nd stop. Overall I'm happy with my recovery and the highlight was Jono's pass on the final lap. That was a great move and I'll have to get you back next week.
  10. Benjamin J Smith

thanks for posting that warrior i enjoyed battling with you, good to go back and watch from the other POV, also had an awesome run with Hatfield towards the last quarter of the race for 10th, was actually really enjoying racing after the disastrous first few laps and losing like 50 secs as i trundlled around to fix my broken front wing.
    it's a shame everyone was so focused on the bad because all round it was a good race.

to those that made it enjoyable thank you, you all might be onto a good series here.

Guess I'm of to learn the Mclaren F1 car on iRacing to get my F1 kicks now
    JonoStan96, Zachery and warrior2167 like this.
  11. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Heres my vid with a summary of my hectic race.
    Had an awesome time in this race (aside from a couple of brain farts) great track, great racing and at the end of the day I had fun with some awesome drivers. Thanks to all.

Well done to @Zharvs92 for P1, and also to @The_Spectre for what looks like a great battle for the front position all the way to the end.
    Shout out to @N64TheStig007 for a great drive but my apologies for ruining that for him, he clearly had the pace for a possible win.
    warrior2167 and JonoStan96 like this.
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I approve of the hard rock music!
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  13. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    JonoStan96 and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  14. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Only did it so that when i get my PC i can slowly get rid of my twelvie name.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yeah how do you change it? Rather sick of my one as you all know lol.
  16. Benjamin J Smith

It's an iRacing thing, you have to finish a race inside the top 5 in the dev series to do it
  17. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Ask your Drink Coaster. Or you could PM Koastr... whatever
    seth123 and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  18. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    One major positive from the other night was about 6 cars backwards lap 1 and heaps pitting and not a single rage quit; being the 11th round a series without breaks is quite amazing.
    JonoStan96 and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Yeah thats a good point. i thought we would get people starting to burn out by now. i reckon its because every race is different with setups and tyre strategies. the xmas break is probably at the perfect time.
    seth123 likes this.
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    for me, I am not treating it like a championship (considering I have no hope of being at the top lol)
    But each race is it's own challenge. If I don't do so well one week, I can give it my all in the next
    Bounty05 and Zachery like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.