Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    I dont think anyones under any illusions that this is more of a game than sim in alot of ways... but damn its fun!

The quality of the racing and the strategy is unlike anything on the site at the moment and that's why im enjoying it.
    Spidey_11, seth123 and Zachery like this.
  2. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Just make sure you lock up all your allocated sets of tyres :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  4. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I agree, it's def not a sim but these are fun to drive although I must admit it gets to me sometimes that I cant keep up with you guys (frustrating)
  5. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    Beau_Albert and Zachery like this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    in that case, OP shows the williams seat unavailable next to @its-benny-racer
    seth123 likes this.
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Yep, randm's officially been sent to the pavillion (brilliant piece of bowling Shane Warne) so Stu can have the Williams.

@stucar17 you can't pick #17, so you can run Massa's #19 or some other number of your choice. You can choose it when you start your career.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  8. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Questions from a newbie:
    - How does damage work? I assume wings and wheels will break if hit hard enough but what about engine / transmission?
    - Race strategy. Do I need to test with certain date / time / whether settings or is it just set by whatever location we race?
    - Do we exit PSN party chat so that we can use the voice controls for our engineer or do people just use the square or circle button?
    Cheers
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Remember this week the tracks really tight and high speed, If it happens to happen again with lapped traffic can you make sure you dive out the way, even if that means driving off the track. Also hold a line when letting a lapping car by gets a bit crazy when theres a battle for the lead and a swerving lapped car. Cheers guys

Here's an on topic video for a laugh:
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Damage is on full, so driving like a tosser will end yours and someone elses race.

We run official time (except Singapore and Abu Dhabi) so just make sure that's what you've got it on when you practice.

I use the buttons most of the time but voice still works even in a party.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  11. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Engine can get worn down with crap shifting and downshifting too hard, running in rich too long wears the engine, there is different stages of front wing damage. Tyres explode after 65% wear if you start to slide around on them. You can make them last if you are careful, You can be in a party and talk to your engineer just press square,

This isn't very track temp nazi like project cars was, drive and enjoy :)

Wheel can be knocked off, Its not realistic where a slight tap knocks them off but just enough force and that's DNF
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    No, lapped cars are still entitled to their own racing room, driving off the track in either instance to lap someone or let someone through is unacceptable. Just like in real F1, wait for the appropriate time.
    Bounty05 likes this.
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    you going on tonight spidey ?
  14. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Blue flags means moving off the racing line on the next straight section of track, back off the throttle a bit so they can pass cleanly before the next turn. Its tough luck for a leading driver if they catch you in a twisty section, thats part of racing and they need to accept that and not spit the dumny.
  15. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    We've not had many issues previously, even at Monaco and baku, so theres no need to make a big issue of it. All the back markers know what they need to do and have done a good job in all instances when I've come around :thumbsup:
  16. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    The lead changed multiple times for it so it is, Yes an issue I guess people are less passionate over things that don't occur to them.

The_Spectre the other rounds I agree have been 100% perfect (the tagging wont work)
    Zachery likes this.
  17. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Gotta love the nbn. Have an update of 967 MB , saying will be ready in 19 hrs !
  18. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Wish i had internet that quick. I get a 20mb Youtube update and it tells me 'Ready on GTS launch day' :(
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Lol somethings wrong with your NBN. i did the whole GTA game in 6 hours (50+gig) lol
  20. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    you did 98gig in 6 hours????? Mine took like 26 hours
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.