Season II - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I think a fitting farewell is for every body racing to stop before the finish line, and wait for me to finish maybe 3 laps to win.

But in all seriousness, looking forward to it.
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  2. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    So who actually is racing tomorrow night? Curious on numbers
    George likes this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I tried to drive on 16 last night and i just cant do it lol so ill be out
    seth123 likes this.
  5. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

i'll be there tonight
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    seth123, razor4797 and Hatfield like this.
  7. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Hey lads I will be hosting tonight. Lobby should be open no later than 8:10
    Hatfield likes this.
  8. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Net dropped out. Trying to get back on
    seth123 likes this.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    @Hatfield
    @VARDZ
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What a season! Big ups to Hat on winning his first race! It is somewhat ironic that 2 seasons in a row that the teammate of the champion has won his first race in the last event of the season.

But that doesn't matter. 5 wins, 11 podiums, most races lead, there could only be one winner.

Well done @its-benny-racer!
    [​IMG]
  10. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Well, last night I threw most of my conservative style out the window and I absolutely thrashed the car as hard as I could. Ended in the sand a lot and luckily bumped off a few walls with no damage. Still came last. But, points are points. I guess everyone forgot to stop before the line and let me win as a farewell to the game?

Thanks for having me race alongside you guys this season. I've had a blast and whilst I've never been competitive, I feel I've learnt a bunch. So I'll grab the new game hopefully over the weekend and get started preparing for next season.

Congrats to both Benny for his championship andto Hatfield for his first race win. I should've crashed you both out when I had the chance... :laugh:
    JonoStan96 and Hatfield like this.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield

In qualifying I went out early to put in a time and was surprised to see that @JonoStan96 's first time was 0.0## behind and everyone bar @nigegunz had set a lap (@its-benny-racer had pole on the soft tyre). I guessed he (and maybe a few others) would go out to set a quicker time and so decided I should do the same on another set of SS.

On the final turn of my out lap I ran wide and had to abandon the lap and circulate once more. Luckily I had enough fuel and time (just) to do it, and it was good for pole!
    But benny dsc'd and couldn't get back onto the grid, so we restarted with a one-lap qually... which I also managed to get pole!!

2 pole's in one night! You bet I was tired... but still had the race to go.

I assumed jono would go for the pass at T1 so I had to be good off the line. I was ok and put it into rich to fend him off. But some first lap jitters meant he was able to pull off an around the outside pass. I stuck with him for a bit and then he started to make a little gap.

So I put my head down and clawed it back until lap 5 where I made a pass as jono ran wide braking with a wheel in the dirt, which also allowed @razor4797 to get passed.

Lap 6 jono & razor pitted trying to undercut so I put it back into rich and pushed to pit on lap 7 and came out just ahead.

Lap 9 I caught @Jim_aka_The_Man & @Bryan_F battling and jim pulled into the pits as I DRS'd bryan down the straight.

Lap 16 jono again went to undercut but took mediums so I pushed for 2 laps to pit on 18 for another set of softs. His undercut worked this time as he came out just in front.

Lap 19 and I am all over jono through some of the twisty sections and I am lucky not to make contact, so I calm down and plot my main straight attack with DRS and rich fuel making the pass at T1 on lap 20.

Lap 27 I lap @George

...and across the line for my first ever F1 2016 win in the last F1 2016 race!! (feels better that I had to battle with a class act like jono to pull it off :thumbsup:)

Well done on the championship benny, and thanks for being my team-mate all season. It was good to know someone always had my back, and I was eager to help you out in any way possible (like trying to keep you calm when you dsc before the race start)
  12. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    It ultimately was an unwelcome return to this game. I really struggled to get the car working again and I was missing braking points everywhere. It was really a shock to be on provisional pole despite a really conservative final sector, until Hat blew it out of the water. In the one shot the wheel was reading P1 the whole way through until I went so deep into turn 13 I chucked up gravel! A front row spot was a miracle.

After passing Hat on lap 1 I struggled to pull a gap as I was still at war with the spongy brakes. Inevitably I made a stupid error which let him and razor through. I jumped the latter into the pits, but had to push like hell to catch Hat. A slow Bryan cost me a second or two, but the charge was still on. Unfortunately by the time I caught Hat my DRS was not working, meaning there was no way I could pass. Desperate, I tried to pass Hat in the pits by going on the medium tyre to the end.

This worked but on his out lap Hat was already on my diffuser, and then passed me with DRS. I never got payback with the tyres so it was Game Set and Match. A tremendous win for Hat. See what happens when you battle someone properly instead of trying so break their front wing all the time? :roflmao:

It's been a great season, even though I was denied the chance to defend my title through a lack of internet. 3 wins is great considering the amount of races I DNS/DNF'd from. A few missed opportunities too, I'm sure Spain and Germany were never going to be anything but mine. Just a shame we only had one wet race this season!

Huge congrats again to @its-benny-racer, @Hatfield and Ferrari. I also think @razor4797 deserves huge plaudits just to even contend for the championship, keep in mind after 11 rounds, he was SIXTY EIGHT points behind, and still took it to the final round. Unbelievable. Magical stuff from someone who still does not use a racing wheel.

I'd like to say a huge thank you to everyone who's taken part in the past 2 series on this game, and helped prove that a racing league is possible in an F1 game, something unthinkable only a few years ago.

Next season will move onto F1 2017, with faster but easier to drive cars, new strategies and a whole new challenge. I can't wait!
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    Zachery, KoAStR and Hatfield like this.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  15. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    The decisive moment that ultimately secured me 10th in the championship:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    wow what a battle!
  17. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

been a great season with y'all! & a pleasure to drive the merc. my goal was to get the best car on the grid on the podium at least once which i got done at Abu Dahbi & made my ego feel better than the chassis!
    huge congrats to Benny & Hat, all the race winners, everyone that got it to the chequered flag & especially to Jono for making it happen. a special thx to Motors, it was brilliant to have a teamie that was always in contention for pole & the win each week... his pole lap at Monaco was, & still is, unreal
    so long f1 2016 & thx for the memories
    razor4797, Motors560 and JonoStan96 like this.
  18. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Firstly I'd like to congratulate @its-benny-racer on the championship win, very well deserved mate.
    With 5 wins and many pole positions you did an exceptional job.

Also congrats to @Hatfield for his maiden F1 win, you really blew that one out of the park!

To the race itself; Albert Park is a track I've always struggled with, no matter what F1 game it is. A win wasn't really on the cards so I had already accepted the fact that the championship was Benny's before the race even began.
    I was however very happy with finishing in 3rd place and adding another podium to my tally. Benny was catching me at a rate of knots at the end there as he was on the much faster tyre, but I managed to stay consistent and keep ahead of him despite my tyres being at about 80%.

To sum up my championship then;
    I'd say it's definitely my strongest performance throughout ROOZ. 4 wins and 13 podiums from 17 race finishes (1 DNS, 3 DNF) is pretty alright in my opinion.
    It's a good feeling being able to battle with other elite drivers and fight for the win despite being on a controller, so I take it really well when @JonoStan96 says, quote "the best controller user ROOZ has ever seen".

Thanks again lads and I'll see you again soon for Season III.
    Hatfield and JonoStan96 like this.
  19. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    That's not all. At the final round of pitstops, @Jim_aka_The_Man was going for the undercut on the Soft tire. When I took my stop for fresh Supersofts, I exited the pits ahead of him, but only just! It was nail-bitingly close. Having the tire advantage, I quickly got out of his DRS range and cruised to the finish. :)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    leg 3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    JonoStan96 likes this.