Season II - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Jan 9, 2017.

1. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I did mention it, a grand total of 35 days ago I believe, and it got shot down pretty hard then. What has changed in a month?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    As long as it finishes before bedtime
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    well if thats the case i apologise. I thought it was a lot longer ago than that. i agree that sundays would be better. I also think that one of the issues was that every car was assigned at the start of this season, so more potential sign ups would not have joined (assuming full grid) how we fix that? i do not know.
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    and starts after he finishes his homework and cleans his room?
  5. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Well of course :p
    Overall yes the series is doomed. But it has the potential to "make rooz great again". If this were move to sundays it would boom and grow over divisions. But it may prove to be too stressful to run 3 sunday leagues on one site. It would require an entirely new structure for seasons....as well as a long chat with the mods. It would work but i dont think we could run sunday leagues at the same time.
  6. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    First of all the series isn't doomed at all. Second of all a lot of us on here are either have a job or like myself are studying at school or university that takes up a lot of time Especially in the last few races i was struggling to find any time to commit to practicing until an hour before the race mainly because i had my head in the books all the time. The issue with me is that Sundays would almost be impossible for me. That's the main reason i stopped Sunday League racing i simply didn't have the time anymore. Would it be worth starting races at 7.30pm? i guess that's up to Hatfield and Jono to decide.
    Also i'm sure some of the Project Cars or GT6 guys would be interested spread the word out and i'm sure you'd be surprised with the response. Just sharing my 2 cents
    JonoStan96, Zachery and Viperzed like this.
  7. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

I prefer gt6 on sunday over f1. Im competitive over there where as i just run around in mid to back in f1. Ill still be there every Thursday thou.
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    what if we were to end up with enough for a couple rooms. div 1 room and div 2 room?

i thought you were quite fast at a lot of the tracks aswell.
  9. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Numbers are key. If people join f1 they have to come from somewhere. Other leagues may suffer. If there was no gt6 id more then likely do more practice too.
    Too much stuff not enough days
    Zachery likes this.
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah youre not wrong. Time is the biggest problem
  11. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    You see the moment we start running prime time sundays is when people start practicing and people realise THIS IS A MAIN ROOZ LEAGUE. Its like its a community event for some people and thats why theres such domination at the front.
    Maybe its time we all realise GT6 is not kicking on as well as it used to.....
    its-benny-racer and Zachery like this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Even if F1 moved to sunday, I would still choose GT6 as I have more fun with it.

A main reason we keep running GT6 is so that those who want to do some online racing, but don't have the money to upgrade yet, can continue to do so. It provides an option for those who choose it.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    As much as I agree with you, those who haven't upgraded are now in the minority and may actually be waiting for GT to bite the dust. Maybe its holding them back....

In fact im at the view point where GT6 may actually be holding F1 back at this point as well.

Regardless they're in for a rude shock once GTS comes out.
  14. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    The faster drivers in slower cars works good on paper but basically way too extreme to ever work, Maybe in a community event for a laugh but I wouldn't sign up to be handicapped for trying to win, No one really complains when Warrior won his millionth title in GT6.

Plus all the wear rates and usages is different between all cars its not just a lap time difference.
    Kieran_B33 and JonoStan96 like this.
  15. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Ok I think we need to just take a deep breath and calm down.

Sundays at the moment despite all the stomping of feet just isn't going to happen unless one of the games currently occupying Sunday nights is culled. Having 3 games on one night ran at the same time is not practical at all, you all saw how badly the GT6 fields were decimated when Pcars entered the frey, adding another game will reduce the fields on all 3 games. Too many members from Pcars signed up to F1 in Season 1, only to not even bother showing up or turn up once before quitting because it's "too hard." And even then, I have no power here to make F1 a Sunday night event anyway, it would need to be agreed upon by several mods to make it happen. Not to mention F1 is a yearly installment (I have no problem monetary wise) and some might not feel like paying the same year after year.

Apart from the doomed part, @its-benny-racer is 100% on the money, despite the game offering all of the strategy you want, all of the speed you want, all of the white knuckle racing you want, it is still scoffed at by the GT6/Pcars die hards, that is despite the fact over an entire season we had just ONE major connection issue. Lets face it, GT6 will be finally put down once GT Sport comes out and hopefully by then people will move on to new and better things, you simply can't grow as a community using 11 year old hardware and broken servers.

Look at the end of the day, having so many games where people are very much aligned with one or the other, each game will always be taking away from each other and the only way to avoid that is to have them on seperate nights or eliminate one. At ROOZ we have 5 main racing games all being utilised in some way, and 3 of them (most likely) will be replaced. GT Sport surely will be out this year (GT Academy has demanded a new game to run Online trials), Pcars 2 is due at the end of the year and F1 2017 will be out after the winter.

What some people need to realise is that we'll never see the days of 100+ ROOZers playing the same game again (unless there's a massive recruitment drive), there are simply too many games to play. If GT Sport has more than 3 divisions I'll be very much surprised. That is just speculation however. In realistic terms, F1 plateued at around 13 drivers a race, shot up to a peak of 18 before dropping back to less than half a grid. For me that is simply not good enough to warrant a Sunday slot.
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  16. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Change is inevitable, progress isn't. The sim racing landscape is going to change a lot over the next 12 months with GTS, PCARs 2 & F1 2017.
    The problem is we dont know when exactly they will be released or how good they will be.
    Right now it seems that both GT6 and PCARs are frustrating a number of members, we want a better quality experience than we are getting but also want to be in a league with decent numbers.
  17. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I think we are all dreaming saying that console racing will get much better. I dont say that as a pc guy because im not. Thats just my thought
    seth123 likes this.
  18. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Its forever going to be mediocre lol
    Zachery likes this.
  19. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Alright guys if we want this Division A/B teams thing to work, like I do, I need to get as many laps from you as soon as possible. Some are obvious but for the final teams it is required.

I may also have some very exciting news for S2 to reveal soon so stay tuned ;)
  20. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    can anyone help me with settings for the Logitek g29 wheel and how do you go to manual instead of auto in F12016
    thankyou
    Hatfield likes this.