Season III - F1 2017 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield

Was still not feeling 100% but logged on and joined the lobby. Personal things kept me from qualifying but luckily I had a few minutes to get some set up tips from @its-benny-racer and lined up last on the grid

Got a great start but almost crashed into the pit wall to negate the good jump and just circulated watching bits of lag where from my view, @RHINO11 lagged into @Noremac which benny originally thought was a divebomb.

@fezza & I passed the injured benny and I set about chasing fezza for awhile until I made the pass into T1 on lap 6.

Pitted on lap 9 and had forgotten to setup the pit limiter button so wasted much time pausing and going into the menu to figure out what it was.

Lap 16 pulled out a pass on @Telum in the 2nd DRS zone due to his wide exit the turn before.

Lap 17 pitted and the limiter works!

Lap 22 @Zachery exits the pits and I try to get passed at T3 only to cause myself some front wing end plate damage and luckily only touch his sidepod

11th was not ideal but with the pit limiter issue and the fact I probably should've one stopped it wasn't going to be much better.

With the driving line off for me this season, I am having to devote much more focus to braking points and that gives me less time to thing about changing strategy etc during the race, so will be interesting to see if I can improve on that
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    so it was lag on both ends
  4. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

I reakon. Most lobbies ive been in 17 have a bit of it going on.
    seth123 likes this.
  5. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    you can move down to 1A mate, thats cool.
    JonoStan96 and Hatfield like this.
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Should have sandbagged harder in the qualifying lap then ;)

Division reviews will not take place until after Round 3, drivers cannot be promoted however.
  8. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Division 5a here I come!
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  10. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    This battle was Perfect, I haven’t had a good race for P1 like this in ages and good to know Jono was on his limits like I was, I definitely had pace to keep up with @JonoStan96 but I got bit delayed for my first pit stop because the car just kept revving and not letting the clutch off for some reason, and at the end of the 2nd stint I started gaining on him and soon I was within 1 second of him he pitted for the final stint and knew I had to pull off something to get me back with him of overtake him so I did the extra few laps on softs and went supersoft for my final stint and I was a lot quicker than expected and was able to then try pass but Jono wasn’t going down without a fight what went for a good side by side battle for a entire lap

I’m not keen for China in anyway of form lol

seth123, Noremac, Apex_64 and 3 others like this.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I won't bother posting points tables until after round 2, but based purely on the finishing positions from race 1, the divisions need a shake up
    fezza likes this.
  13. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    you dont shake after 1 race lol. give it around 3 to see. for example, do we drop benny and myself down because we had shockers?? based on race 1 the answer would be yes.
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  14. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I would've thought going by the individual's best lap times would be more accurate in determining division placement?
    Zachery likes this.
  15. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yes, which is essentially what the Qualy lap was.
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yeah nah, here's the first race of Season 1, and look who finished from 9th-11th, they ended up taking 8 wins between them in the one season alone.
    [​IMG]
    Also this:
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    KeedenMcdonald, seth123 and Zachery like this.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Sorry, I should've clarified that I was agreeing with your stance on division reviews happening later. Obviously need more data to make informed decisions.

I finished 11th mainly due to my pitstop debacle
    But I was also referring to things like knuckles in div 2 beating the most of the 1b field
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    fezza likes this.
  18. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Nige is 1b. I finished in pretty much the same place ive always finished, regardless of what div i have been in. Did you not beat the entire field last round of season 2. People have good and bad races each week.
    seth123, JonoStan96 and Zachery like this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    sorry you are correct. jeez I can't get any of my facts right today.

Yes I did, in the last round after all my improvement throughout the entire season came to fruition.
  20. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Don’t get too caught up in the divisions just a meer a gimmick,

Placing yourself in an imaginary race doesn’t change your talents or speeds,

Knuckling down and focusing on whose ahead will get you there,