THE GAMESMEN CUP - GT6 Division 1 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    lap times I can get tonight.
    [​IMG]
    emmo46 likes this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    No worries, I have them from Warrior.:thumbsup:
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Div 1B is a really close thing in the points so far.
  4. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    I'll take that as a compliment ;)

I honestly feel if I had time to practice I could be up battling for points and maybe even podium on days where the top ones fall back a tad.... but it's just impossible with my studies.... So, I long for Year 12 to finish now ;)

Also, I must add well done to Warrior on the awesome win! And to the rest of the podium!
    warrior2167 and B-Spec Bob like this.
  5. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i know the feeling
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    your FL was 0.031 seconds slower than @Hatfield and he is in 1B and you are in Div 3. :thumbsdown:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Happy to be of service, just a pity we used so much tyre trying to carve our way back through that during the last third neither of us had any tyre left. Couple of good little battles in there, Hatfield was rock solid under brakes when I tried to pressure him so had to find a different way around, and the 12 lap battle with WTF-MAN where neither of us could use the clean air to our advantage was pretty fun as well.
    Doubt I could have run with Bryan and Bob if I'd managed to not fall off lap 1 and sat 11th, so I'll take 5th with a bunch of battles and overtakes, was good fun.
    warrior2167, B-Spec Bob and skywalker like this.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You and hat are both solid Div 2 pace and I suspect you two will meet there next season.
    Hatfield likes this.
  9. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    fastest lap doesn't mean anything in the scheme of things. I drafted most of that lap from memory
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    So Sundays is about draft and Tuesdays is about draught
    REVO_Bryan, Crunch, incey and 2 others like this.
  11. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Congratz to all the racers last night.

Embarrassingly, I completely forgot about the race. It's very strange and uncharacteristic of me. Especially in light of all the reminders in the form of GT Sport news.

This lapse shouldn't happen again though.
  12. grassies

grassies Rookie

PSN ID
    grassies
    Hmmmmm sorry hat I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure you will be second in 1B and equal fifth in Div1 overall so if that's not a satisfactory progression from Div2 I don't know what is. Lol
    In regards to people being in division lower than they should be I think when told to harden up in the pug they bought the bags of sand but forgot to get the cement. :-D
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    my 1B table calc is
    wtfman 37
    skywalker 36
    grassies 33
    hat 32
    benny 30
    randm 20
    crunch 13
  14. grassies

grassies Rookie

PSN ID
    grassies
    Oops I didn't realise skywalker was 1B and I forgot Benny got you on the last corner so my sincere apologies I'm just going to crawl back under my rock.
  15. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Lost a bit of rhythm during qualy so ended the session further down the grid than my target. But I was still hopeful of a good result so started off with taking P5 off @StigsTC at T1 and P4 off @X-WTF_MAN-X a few laps later where I would find myself for the majority of the race. Caught up to @Bryan_F a number of times but couldn't quite complete the overtake despite a few different attempts at T1, T2, T3 and T5. Was gifted P3 towards the end of the race when @AUSnicko9 ran wide so still managed to finish in my targeted podium position. Lost a position to Bryan in the championship standings but had an enjoyable race-long battle and will aim to bounce back at the next round.
    skywalker, warrior2167 and REVO_Bryan like this.
  16. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    I really liked that no stop race as we haven't done one of those in a while.

Pole position was a good advantage as I was able to clear the potential shenanigans at turn 1. The first half was all about driving to a number of a low 27. Nick was driving a tad faster and got me on lap 3, I wasn't sure on his strategy and was still committed to mine even if he was going to drive off into the distance. I soon realised he too was thinking about the end of the race, so I was just content on staying behind and staying in front of bryan and bob.

About lap 15 nicko goes wide at 2 and leaves the door open for me, it's at this point that I just decide that I have to now push hard to the finish. Lap after lap after lap the gap remains around one second and I convinced that he still has something left in those last 5 laps. I was so focused on perfecting my lines that I didn't even see what happened to nick until half a lap later, hard luck mate. I still wanted to push hard to see what times I could do at the end and the slowest was a 27.990 on my final lap, honestly I couldn't that race any better. Congrats to Bryan and Bob for completing the podium.
  17. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

One of the more enjoyable races I've had to be honest.

Even though pitting put me at a disadvantage, it made the 2nd stint more interesting pushing to catch up to @Hatfield, knowing my rubber would be much fresher if I could catch up.

I can't imagine it was fun trying to defend on worn tyres on a course that punishes if you run wide, but it wasn't til the last corner that I could get the pass done.
    warrior2167 and B-Spec Bob like this.
  18. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Well done to David on the win, drove well all race mate. Onwards to round 3.
  19. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Hey everyone :)

Back in Aus again and time to chill and race again with ROOZ. Keen to be apart of Round 3 at brands hatch this Sunday!! See you all there :)
    Randm90, AUSnicko9, Crunch and 10 others like this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    awesome! unfortunately I won't be there this Sunday as I have something on. But luckily you can take my spot as the 2nd HTO driver ;)