THE GAMESMEN CUP - GT6 Division 1 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    warrior2167 and JonoStan96 like this.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Wasn't the way I wanted to end the series but I'm just glad I don't have to drive another km in that thing.

Really annoyed to only get two very scrappy laps in, and somehow ran out of time starting the third, I can't work out how that was a 10 min session.

I got off the line incredibly well, only to be squeezed onto the grass on the approach to turn 1. Stigs and Hayden had a coming together so that was one place granted, however I got too impatient and rammed up Stigs's arse into the hairpin, silly driving from me.

I was getting insomnia driving this thing with no one around, so I backed off to battle with stigs and benny and had some fun. But soon enough I fell back, and eventually parked. I DSC'd when I had stopped so I would have finished 9th anyway.

Well done Warrior on the crushing win and championship win, hard luck Nicko, next sesson will be your season I'm sure!

After 13 straight seasons, I've decided to take a break from GT6 for a season and take up a fresh challenge on that other awful game. This past season has really hurt my passion for the game (especially after the monumental success of the Impreza and 908 seasons) and so I think believe after a season off I'll be fresh and ready for action (in the HSV GT500 haha)! Good luck next season and see you all in Season 11!

Cheers, Jono.
  3. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Considering I have no speakers I somewhat missed the call to start qualifying when I noticed everyone filling out of pitlane, by the time I'd hit the track it was 12mins room time with qualy ending at 20mins room time, with me last guy in the lane. I dunno if it took Hat 2 minutes to kindly post "qualy ends 20 mins room time" (Seriously, thanks for that, I had no idea what was happening), so I still got out lap and 3 hot laps. Guess the pitstop for fresh tyres in the reduced length session got you.
    Hey I was right, you did slow down for us! I was so confused at the time trying to work out what had happened for you to decide you needed to fall back to us.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  5. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Another end to a season. Enjoyed the racing but not the issues with GT6.

Sorry about qualifying for the people who had the sound turned off.

My whole focus was about saving tyres. I wasted a bit too much of them in the last chicane before I worked out a way to be kinder to them at that part of the track. I was sitting in a great position with clean air until bob had his issues. This made me think maybe I could get P2 in my final GT6 race! I probably should stuck to plan, and backed off a touch, as I wasnt focusing so much on getting all points right, but more so as where I could maybe make a move haha (although with my limited practice for me, I should have thought better!). Although with a few to go, and right up bob's clacker, my wheel cutout on T1 which resulted in a lot of pressure from Bryan who'd been looking after his tires well. I burnt up my tires being a little off line to defend. They went from being just into 3, to 1 over the final 3? laps and on the final lap there was nothing I could do as WTF came steaming through on his fresher rubber.

Well done to the podium, making the rubber last and to warrior and wtf for div 1a and 1b championships.

Cheers,
    Luke
  6. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    so you are 100% out for S10?
  7. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    99% out, I'll give the car a go once its decided..
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    seriously give at least the ferrari 365 a go then get your vote in for it... awesome car
  9. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I always make my rubber last. ;)
    skywalker and incey like this.
  10. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Thanks everyone,so that's 14 now :). Once again Nick it was a hell of a fight all season,especially at brands and ssr5. Also well done hat for putting this season together. I thought the regulations worked very well.

Credit to Bob last night, at the start he had a better launch and denied me a chance to cover the inside line and moved into 1st place. An earlier practice race we had this week proved he was going to be a tough cookie to get past. I didn't want to race him to hard early on which would have slowed us both down. Nick was there in third putting heaps of pressure on while I'm trying to juggle keeping him behind, keeping bob insight and saving the tyres.

After Nick's mistake there was a decent gap to Luke in 3rd, so I now had the chance to race bob hard with 18 laps reaming I knew I would need all of them to do so. Just as the practice race, bob was defending valiantly, the closest I came was switching back under for the second apex at turn 1, turn 2 though put me back on the outside. Unfortunately shortly after his car slowed and I was gifted the 1st place. After that it was a lonely race to the chequered flag, the win felt empty as I really wanted to earn that pass.
  11. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Didn't really have a good qualy session with apparent use of stealth tech causing confusion at the start, so really only had 1 clean flying lap to bag a surprising 2nd on the grid. Had a dream start to pull alongside @warrior2167 into T1 and held onto the lead until lap 12, when my monitor blacked out for a few seconds at the start of S2 and again before the T10 hairpin. Losing those 7 seconds almost cost me P2 to @skywalker but staying ahead allowed me to conserve my tyres enough to avoid having to make a pit stop and not have to worry too much about a fast charging @Bryan_F on the final lap.
    Overall had a better than expected season to be battling with the :alien:s at times and grabbing a handful of podiums, despite my hardware finding new and uninteresting ways to screw up the Sunday race :speechless:. Congrats again to warrior on the race win and championship! Looking forward to continue the battle in the ROC along with @AUSnicko9 , bryan and @X-WTF_MAN-X :thumbsup:
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I think you have earned your own :alien: status my friend
    B-Spec Bob and REVO_Bryan like this.
  13. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Nah I just consider the laws of physics when trying to figure out a driving style to suit the car/track. Gran Turismo essentially provided the inspiration for my mech-eng thesis and the experience is starting to pay off as a motorsports engineer.
    skywalker likes this.
  14. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Don't sell yourself short. The Bob I raced with this season was completely different to the one a raced a year ago. From racecraft, raw pace, strategy, qualifying, racing under pressure...you have become the consummate all-rounder.
    B-Spec Bob and Hatfield like this.
  15. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Watching a lot of ROOZ replays and practising with skillful racers has certainly been part of the learning process so I have you lot to thank for that, cheers! :geek:
    Hatfield likes this.
  16. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    A good way to end the season. I guess all the tire-saving played to my strengths, because my pace was fairly mediocre at Motegi. Staying in clean air until near the end helped, too.

Looking back over the season, I can say that I'm reasonably satisfied. Two more podiums than last season in a bigger field, can't complain with that. The highlight for me was the long battle with Bob at Red Bull Ring. Having said that, that was the only time in the season where I legitimately stayed ahead of him throughout the season. Everywhere else, he was just that little bit quicker, that little bit more consistent. And every week I stressed out, trying to find a way to match him, to no avail. I expect to continue the rivalry into next season and beyond.
    B-Spec Bob likes this.