THE GAMESMEN CUP - GT6 Division 1 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 15, 2016.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Div 1B
    Driver points
    1 skywalker 25 + 8 = 33
    2 Crunch 20 + 12.5 = 32.5
    3 X-WTF_MAN-X 16 + 10 = 26
    4 its-benny-racer 13 + 6.5 = 19.5
    5 Domma 11 + 5.5 = 16.5
    6. Randm90 10 + 0 = 10
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
  2. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Div 1
    Driver Points
    AUSnicko9 25 + 10 = 35
    warrior2167 20 + 5.5 = 25.5
    B-Spec Bob 16 + 6.5 = 22.5
    MINT_GTR 10 + 12.5 = 22.5
    Crunch 9 + 8 = 17
    skywalker 13 + 3.5 = 16.5
    StigsTC 11 + 5 = 16
    X-WTF_MAN-X 8 + 4.5 = 12.5
    Bryan_F 7 + 4 = 11
    its-benny-racer 6 + 3 = 9
    Domma 5 + 2.5 = 7.5
    N64TheStig007 4 + 2 = 6
    Randm90 3 + 0 = 3
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
  3. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Something doesnt look quite right to me :p Maybe I just spend too much of my day looking at stats for work.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, it's interesting that Crunch beat you outright but you beat him in Div 1B, the 1B win in race one gave you the points gap you needed.
  5. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Happy to bounce back from a poor Rd 2 to claim the win at Brands, Warrior and I had a great battle throughout race 1, trading fastest sectors lap after lap until he closed the gap with 2 laps to go. Lap 16 we both ran a little wide turn 5 which allowed me to get a slight buffer to finish just 6 tenths from Dave, tremendous pressure mate.
    Race 2 and I managed to get a good run around the outside of turn 2 past Dave, from here just aimed to pick up as many positions as I could, ending 2nd at the finish. Couldn't catch Matt, he was far too consistent - great pace there mate!! :thumbsup:

Well done Warrior and Bob for rounding out podium, see everyone at rd 4.
    warrior2167, MINT_GTR, incey and 3 others like this.
  6. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Nope, maybe @warrior2167 has it. Race 1 was faster anyways.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks, maybe some guys were quicker over the distance in Race 2.
  8. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Sorry guys for my disasterous performance last night, it wasn't one of my finest moments. Thank you Bob for posting the results.

I simply have no confidence with this car on the soft tyre, mainly because it's a very fine line whether or not it wants to understeer or just snap inexplicably. I wasn't too pleased either about being smashed off in race 2 but I wouldn't have held position anyway. Especially when my pedals were cutting in and out, in such a way where I'd have no throttle input on the exit of left hand corners.
    Well done Nicko on the overall win, it's shaping up to be another title going down to the wire, I wish I was a part of it like last season! I'm immensely looking forward to Mid-Field, I love the wet so I'm aiming for a top result to get some confidence back. :)
    warrior2167, AUSnicko9 and B-Spec Bob like this.
  9. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    :roflmao: No its that I learnt at school 5 is different to 6 :p

Thanks for all your efforts in doing the charts, I do appreciate it, even if I am a smart ass at times ;)
    emmo46 likes this.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    typo. I have fixed it now.
    skywalker likes this.
  11. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Top night of racing last night. Well done Nicko for winning the round, your quali and new tyre pace was brilliant. Great to see Matt back too and well done for taking out race 2.

After some super intense racing, i was happy with 2nd place. in race 1 I did everything I could and came so close on lap 16. Looking forward to continue our battle in the next 4 races, it well gone done to the wire.
    [​IMG]
    Race 2. I had a great battle with bob all race long. Credit to you bob you didn't make any mistake and drove great defensive lines, at one point we were side by side through 3 corners, unfortunately for me they were all right handers and I was on the outside.
    skywalker, Crunch, AUSnicko9 and 2 others like this.
  12. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
  13. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    dunno if i like div 1 lines, think i'll stay to the (obviously) slower black stuff
    Crunch and Beau_Albert like this.
  14. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Was pleasantly surprised to pull out my PB time after shaking off as much rust as I could pre-qualy. Managed to hassle @MINT_GTR a little over the first few laps before he handed over P3 on lap 4 with a visit to the other side of the rumble strips. But I had to stay focused with my team-mate @skywalker now right behind me and visibly more comfortable with pushing the pace. We ran nose to tail for much of the race where I had to cover my lines a few times and only managed to pull away when the tyres became significantly worn.
    For the start of the second race, I was unfortunately baulked by a gaggle of cars on the inside of T2 which allowed @AUSnicko9 to go cleanly around the outside and pull away. Slightly disappointed at losing the chance to keep him behind, I turned my attention to @warrior2167 and made it my goal to finish ahead of him. Tried to catch @Crunch in P3 during the second half of the race, but already had my hands full with trying to keep the red car behind by simultaneously looking back and driving defensively the entire race. It was a hard-fought but satisfying 4th placing which was also just enough to net me another overall 3rd ahead of Matt on countback. :D
  15. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Damn. 5th in race 1 + 6th in race 2 = 7th for the round. "Missed it, by THAT much..."
    For race 1 to have been a lap shorter, the photo finish with @skywalker would have been epic! Catching all those slides is probably one of the reasons I had so much fun, hanging on by my fingertips while battling away and trying to stay on the road. With the rain race this weekend we're certain to see more of the same, looking forward to it.
    skywalker and JonoStan96 like this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, Mints win in race 2 took him past you in the points for the night.
  17. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    May race next round for Midfield, enjo wet races, we'll see :)
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    OP updated with tyre sets for wet weather
    Racing Intermediates/Wets (unlimited)

Also please note that the 1 set of softs rule is still in effect for the weather race
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    MIDFIELD WEATHER ROUND QUALIFYING PROCEDURE
    Room Captains should set the Weather and Track Wetness to 100%, and changeability to Fixed for qualifying.
    After 10 mins qualifying record results and change Weather to 70%, Track Wetness to 0% and changeability to 4.
    Then lineup on track in order of qualifying results putting on the tyres you wish to start on.

The track will start dry but may start increasing wetness while waiting for the lights. However, softs/mediums should still be the quickest to start on. You are welcome to gamble by starting on inters/wets.
    Crunch likes this.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Do we have to use a set of softs?