THE GAMESMEN CUP - GT6 Division 3 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 18, 2016.

1. alovelycupoftea

alovelycupoftea Rookie

PSN ID
    alovelycupoftea
    Was definitely intense! I found myself running better in the 2nd race once I had my eye in a bit more. You can practice but until you're racing with people it isn't quite the same. Won't be around next week so will be back at the Ring for what should be a very interesting race regards tactics, with both tyre compounds going to be needed.
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    OP updated with tyre sets for wet weather
    Racing Intermediates/Wets (unlimited)

Also please note that the 1 set of softs rule is still in effect for the weather race
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    MIDFIELD WEATHER ROUND QUALIFYING PROCEDURE
    Room Captains should set the Weather and Track Wetness to 100%, and changeability to Fixed for qualifying.
    After 10 mins qualifying record results and change Weather to 70%, Track Wetness to 0% and changeability to 4.
    Then lineup on track in order of qualifying results putting on the tyres you wish to start on.

The track will start dry but may start increasing wetness while waiting for the lights. However, softs/mediums should still be the quickest to start on. You are welcome to gamble by starting on inters/wets.
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    So qually is full wets?
  5. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    You can go on slicks if you want :D
  6. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    qually on what you like. But full wets will be the fastest to qualify on
  7. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    well at least qually won't be a lottery.
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    this is basically the reason for the procedure
    incey likes this.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  10. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
  11. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Yup. Same time, same place.
    steezymilo, emmo46 and incey like this.
  12. steezymilo

steezymilo Rookie

PSN ID
    steezymilo
    Such wow, much thank
  13. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Voops!!! so much for my fastest lap. Suffering serious brain fade issues. Started on softs and put them back on after pit stop - completely forgot one set rule. Was waiting for it to start Ffffing raining. Was talking to some of the lads in a room after and relaised I had F-up. So much for my brief moment of glory getting FL. Got the call from @emmo46 saying "Who's a Naughty Boy then???". Voops!!!
    B-Spec Bob, Easyprey007 and emmo46 like this.
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    1 NAACS 43:41.292 Pole and FL
    2 incey 44:16.057
    3 Easyprey007 44:18.196
    4 emmo46 44:26.857
    5 Bluemoon 44:34.05
    6 Pat65 44:40.587
    7 mmm_homebrew 44:51.832
    8 steezymilo 46:01.365
    Cyberstig1 DSQ
    NAACS and Easyprey007 like this.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had a moment of excitement late in the race last night, I was watching Incey slowly pulling away from me in is white car, he was just a white blob at the end of the straight. With a few laps to go I got a glimpse of a white car spinning way ahead of me at the exit of the esses heading towards to final turns and an arrow was sitting sideways there on my map. I thought I was about to gobble @incey up but when I got up behind him as he recovered it turned out to be Steezy in his white wagon, I went from ecstacy to despair in an instant :(
    incey and Easyprey007 like this.
  16. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Can't imagine how excited you must have been to see me spear off before the tunnel on my fisrt attempt at staying near you
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, that was definitely very satisfying:D, you caught up again very quickly though:unsure:.
  18. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I am learning to minimise crash consequences, also had better tyres than you i'd reckon
  19. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    What a night eh! I did tons of practice races to see what the conditions were likely to do and it was all for naught. Track % went very slowly to 11 then back dwon rather quickly. I was caught out starting on IM's. As soon as I realised it wasn't going to get very wet I jumped on the softs. Naacs already had a huge lead by the time i cam out of the pits.....think it was around 45 or 48 seconds. In trying to catch up I burnt through the softs pretty quick but had some nice close runs along the way. Some of you guys are definitely better at blocking than I am at passing. I put the RM's on with about ten to go and tried to drive them off the rims....it was quite funny seeing the black lines appearing around the track. Easyprey was a tough pass, I'd think we had a good battle, i know i gave you a few little nudges here and there but didn't take advantage. Wanted to make a clean pass and the opportunity didn't present til right at the death. Good driving mate.
    I was really happy to get back to second after all that. Two or three offs and tons of close calls. Just too good Naacs, I knew right from seeing your qually time that I would be struggling to keep up. In the end I think I was only the extra pitstop behind so not too bad.
    I hear you are quite familiar with the ring so it could be the beginnings of a charge?
    NAACS likes this.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I think I was on fresh softs then.