THE GAMESMEN CUP - GT6 Division 3 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Only for Round 1. It's one of my best tracks. Won't be that close in future rounds.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Same here, Suzuka was probably my best chance to get a good result, I like RBR but I doubt I'll be challenging for a podium there.
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Well it was hard to do but I stayed off the piss for this one and I think that might have helped me stay on the track. I had a couple of moments here and there and one serious near miss at the tunnel but basically kept the rubber on the road. Four full event practices and a dozen qually sessions probably didn't hurt my chances either.
    I fair dinkum thought you were no stopping it @emmo46 . I had ridden around on your bonnet for ages in the warmup and it looked like you could go full distance on the softs. Just before you crashed I had calculated that I would catch you on 18 or 19 and then I would have to find away around. Anyway you took the stress off when you lost it, which I would have preferred not happen as I was really looking forward to the battle. Speaking off taking stress off...watching moon go from right behind me to behind everyone was good in a way but again I would've preferred if it didn't happen. I was actually pretty nervous leading out, especially after the close qually times and I didn't know for sure who was on which tyres but with all the incidents I ended up getting an pretty easy run. Congrats to Naacs and Easyprey for rounding out the podium.
    I will be ok to host next round but I would appreciate it if everyone is early so we can make sure the room will be ok.
    Feel free to join my practice rooms if you see me on during the week
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I was down to 5 on the front and 6 on the back at the 14 lap mark. I was still quicker on them than I was on the new RMs so maybe I should have carried on. I would have been venturing into the unknown though because I hadn't run longer than the 14 laps I did in Moons room so had no idea how the tyres would fare over the last 7 laps.
  6. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    That might be the difference between us then, I had tried three different full race strategies before the race so I had a very good idea that I am f'en hard on tyres. I changed the softs on 6(nearly 5) and then my mediums were down to 6 (nearly 5) by then end
  7. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    I hear there are spaces available in Div 2 ;)
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I unfortunately can't get the time to do full race tests. In S10 in GT5 I was able to do that but time is short now.
  9. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Good clean racing - some tight stuff emmo, sharing the same bit of track without nerfing each other off.
    emmo46 likes this.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, we were a tight group over the first few laps. your pass through Degner was very incisive and well done.
    Cyberstig1 likes this.
  11. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Pencil in Nurburgring...... @incey hates it.....I hear Naacs is pretty handy there
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @steven might be joining you guys this Sunday
  13. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  14. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Hey guys wont make it again tonight due to work
  15. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    :( f'en work eh! always gets in the way of a good time
    i'll probably have the room up around 745. Be looking to start qually at 820
  16. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Quick question. Can we have mic's on for warm up to work out method for changing from quali tyre to race tyre. Then no mic's for quali/rac?
  17. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    nope, but i will setup a mikes room and we can be disciplined about not talking during qually & race
  18. alovelycupoftea

alovelycupoftea Rookie

PSN ID
    alovelycupoftea
    Do we still need to use both tyre compounds? Sorry to ask again but I've seen various different things in different places and want to check exactly what I have to do to avoid penalties. Thanks!
  19. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    @alovelycupoftea you may use both compounds during the race. you can only use softs in the race for one session. if you can make them last you can do a no stopper and keep softs on the whole race. you cannot change softs for softs during a race pitstop but you can in qualifiying if you want. ok?
    alovelycupoftea likes this.
  20. alovelycupoftea

alovelycupoftea Rookie

PSN ID
    alovelycupoftea
    OK got it! Basically got to make the softs last or be quick enough for a change to mediums.