THE GAMESMEN CUP - GT6 Division 3 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 18, 2016.

1. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    having trouble making a room. next host is?
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    emmo46 likes this.
  4. alovelycupoftea

alovelycupoftea Rookie

PSN ID
    alovelycupoftea
    Cracking race today! Had a really good time and can't wait for next week! Had good battles with people and wasn't expecting @emmo46 to come on so strong towards the end, which shows that I was struggling more with the tyres. Incey put in some good pace as well and started gapping me and getting me worried until he pitted.
    emmo46, B-Spec Bob and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Gday all. Sorry I did not make it last nite - I had no Inet. I hope to be there next week however Optus has told me they are upgrading the tower I use next weekend and to expect some issues. Will see how it goes.
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Good luck, hope to see you next week.
    Cyberstig1 likes this.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I tried a little too hard to get to you on the last lap. I could see you were struggling through the last two turns so I tried to get a good run out of the last left hander before them so that I could put the pressure on through there, but alas I pushed a little too hard and caught some grass and sand which put me back too far to get to you. The replay shows you had 3 LF and 4 RF at the end, I still had 5 on both fronts so that is why I was closing so fast.
    I am happy with the 2nd place though, it was better than I expected after falling back to last before turn 3 on lap 1.
    I had some great battles along the way too.
  8. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Well done cuppa, I thought our battle was going to last the whole race for awhile there, it was good fun while it lasted. From lap 17 on I was tossing up whether to pit or not. I made the decision to pit around 18 or so and tried to get as much of a gap as I could before pitting on 21. Turns out it wasn't anywhere near enough. I caned the hell out of the mediums but couldn't catch up in time. I should have stuck to my strategy and gone with the no-stop but there you go. Congrats on the podium as well Emmo by the sounds of it you could have pushed your tyres a lot harder, dunno how you stayed so quick while saving them.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I wasn't very quick, my FL was nearly 1.2 seconds slower than yours and third slowest of the night.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    if you ever meet @emmo46 in person as I have, you learn that he is especially gentle with his rubber
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Oh you are WICKED
    steezymilo likes this.
  12. steezymilo

steezymilo Rookie

PSN ID
    steezymilo
    I tapped emmo early in the race, he tapped me back and I'm now not quite the man I used to be...... :)

Awesome race lads, well done to the top 3! I was pushing hard to stay on the lead lap until a bad pit entry cost me a drive through. After that, I was pretty much making room for guys to lap me. Still think that was my best race thus far however(personally).

Can't wait for next week
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
  13. alovelycupoftea

alovelycupoftea Rookie

PSN ID
    alovelycupoftea
    Was a great race indeed. Yeah I'm normally good with the tyres but was struggling as I watched you creeping closer and closer! Will have to see what I can do at Brands now :)
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I don't think tyre wear is going to be an issue in the sprint rounds, My pace should see me towards the back, I will just try to keep my nose clean and see what develops.
  15. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
  16. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Yup, I am :)
    incey likes this.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    DIV 3
    Driver Points
    1 incey 25 + 10 = 35
    2 Bluemoon 20 + 8 = 28
    3 alovelycupoftea 13 + 12.5 = 25.5
    4 mmm_homebrew 16 + 4 = 20
    5 emmo46 11 + 5.5 = 16.5
    6 Easyprey007 10 + 5 = 15
    7 Cyberstig1 8 + 6.5 = 14.5
    8 Pat65 9 + 4.5 = 13.5
    9 NAACS 7 + 3 = 10
    10 steezymilo 6 + 3.5 = 9.5
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
    Easyprey007 and Bluemoon like this.
  19. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Well that was an interesting nite. The fast qually times just kept getting faster and I kept stuffing up different parts of the track. Finally put one together and just sneaked into pole. Up until naacs wheel gave out that was one of the most intense battles I have been in. You are a great driver naacs not hitting me at all through all those close encounters lap after lap. I tried not to block overtly but it is a difficult track to pass at when someone stays on their line. Would have been interesting to see how the tyres lasted ....if only your wheel lasted...
    race two was hectic. it was survival there for awhile with cars flying everywhere. I thought i was toast when emmo looped it into easy i think and me and brew just snuck through. i managed to get up to the front after recovering from a 'friendly' nudge off the track from pat but then a few laps later ended up losing it on the last straight all by myself. very embarassing. A good battle with cyber and moon made the last few laps of the race fun as well. Couldn't quite find enough to catch cuppa who seemed to have better pace in the second.
    Great fun guys.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah , I enjoyed it too until I lost it from 2nd place in race 1 through lack of attention. My night got worse from there but I did get to have some great battles with easy, cyber and pat along the way.