THE GAMESMEN CUP - Season 3 - Division 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 15, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    guys, as the grid is still "provisional" there is likely to be a change to the driver line up.

Will confirm tonight.....
  2. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Spidey_11 and t_b_williams like this.
  3. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Ok chaps, I'm out for tonight and possibly the series, I've just got too much other stuff going on at the moment, and really couldn't be stuffed putting in the hours dicking around with tuning, and before you say "I can help you with a tune", I've found that it doesn't really work that way as everybody drives differently and what works for some doesn't necessarily work for others, so good luck, have fun, and I'll let you know if I decide to carry on with the rest of the series.
    Cheers
    SPL Racing likes this.
  4. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Well that sucks. I wouldn't use stu as being representative of the pace the rest of div 2 as well he's on average a good 1.5 - 2.0s a lap quicker than me and I once considered myself a good chance of winning round 1 (then Uncharted 4 came out ;))

Money's on stu winning comfortably by 30s and having lapped at least a third of the field.
  5. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    i will be apart of the lapped traffic lmao
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :(
  7. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Im hung over AF. The rooms spinning..

Not gonna put up much of a fight tonight, if i can finish the race that would be an achievement at this point.
    George likes this.
  8. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    Nothing better than a lap 1 DQ after getting pushed off the track as soon as the lights go out :roflmao::thumbsup::cool:
  9. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Some thrilling battles at the front end of the pack last night.
    I started P8 after PJCars crashed leading into qually. Time i got back in the room i had less then 4minutes remaining. Meaning one lap qually on cold tires.
    A good start off the line. Evasive action led me to the grass as Stew forgot to select a gear on the line. Held P8 remarkable, something Lewis Hamilton could learn from perhaps.
    I put my head down and just dialled in the numbers, stretching my tires to lap 17 before i started to see a drop in pace.
    Pitted and took fresh rubber whilst continuing to mount pressure on those ahead.
    One off track moment as i made a dive on the driver ahead served me a 5second penalty. I gained nothing but i did lose 2 positions.
    I continued to push and dial the lap times down to a 1.54 consistently, and a lap best of 1 54.3.
    I took positons back and drove through to come P2. A happy result all things considered. Initially i had expectations of a top 5.
    There are some quick guys on track, but ive sniffed blood now and I'll push harder going forward.
    All in all Div 2 had some good racing I thought. Thoroughly enjoyed :)
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  11. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Was cool to get back into league racing, start was fun. somehow got a lightning start jumped to 2nd from 5th only to spin out 4 turns later haha.I have abit of work to do to keep up with the others though, and I wish I knew you had to wait for fuel before they changed the tyres in the pit stop lost about 10 secs to everyone else
    Probly need to tune the car to make it easier to drive when the tyres get worn almost spun out too many times,
    I'm Still running default tune apart from less rear wing, need some tips
    Spidey_11 and Blindman like this.
  12. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Yes F1 that was me you made a dive on ( like Vettel said you came in like a crazy man ) lol no I was surprised when we contacted that I didn't Spin as well . I wasn't sure if I should of slowed down for you or not then I thought he will pick me up again as you were faster was good racing though
  13. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Haha sorry about that blindman. I was looking for a way past and I think I was better off the corners but you were far better going into them. It didn't feel like it was going to stick as i was half way into it.
    No need for u to stop at all. U took your line.
    I actually got out of it ok except as i took the grass with the rear of the car i received a 5second penalty. That was frustrating.
    Clean racing with you. Thoroughly enjoyed
    Blindman likes this.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Had an interesting race, not quite as easy some were predicting. ;)

Qual 3rd, but I knew that my tires would come in after about 5 laps so wasn't too worried. What I hadn't predicted was being an absolute muppet and forgetting to put the bloody thing in gear, so huge apologies to those behind that had to use me as a mobile chicane.

Dead last after 1 corner, but with a combination of a little lag, some spins and drivers dicing and slowing each other down I was up to 5th by about lap 6, and made some solid passes on a few drivers.

Jim had a little lag, and I ranged up on the back of him and watched from about .5 back bounce a few times only to return to track still in front. On about lap 14 he went wide at turn 4, and went past hoping he didn't come back through me, he didn't so I went about making a gap.

Pitted lap 17, with about 10 sec lead and until I had a spin with 5 to go was just trying to hit my marks. Ended up about 6 secs up the road from second.

Looked to be some good battles, bad luck to pykee who managed to piss off the marshals and the dsq him, and not sure what happens to vendal ? Will get the results with lap times and gals up tonight.

Stu
    Blindman likes this.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    there have been no protests at this stage so they will remain provisional until the protest deadline of 1pm Wednesday.

NOt sure what has happened with bandits time gap......is this the right finishing order ? (taken from my PCARS app)

POLE : CAGME 1:54:8 (i think)

Race result
    1. Stuart170773
    2. ADZA_85 (MRF1) + 6.325
    3. CAGME + 10.255
    4. Blindman + 11.426
    5. jim + 27.921
    6. Bandit + 2:31:230
    7. Slambobagan + 44.621
    8 TB Williams + ??
    9. Jasond1986 +1 lap
    10. Pykeebraa
    11. Mrvendalism
    12. BLUEXR8, Cob, AOCleaner DNS

FASTEST LAPS
    stuart 1:54:117
    ADZA 1:54:357
    CAGME 1:54:453
    JIM 1:54:891
    Slambo 1:55:213
    Bandit 1:55:765
    blindman 1:56:102
    TB 1:56:990
    Jasondull 1:57:673
    Vendalism - Pykeebraa no time recorded.
    ADZA_85 likes this.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  17. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    lmao no time recorded
  18. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    did you have one ? thought it was lap 1, but once you were sent back to the pits for a stewards meeting you dropped off my dash app timing !
    i do, will get them to you tonight, 1 or 2 seemed a little dodgy though on my screen, had second place in a faster time than the winner !
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  20. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Yay i won lol
    Spidey_11 and stucar17 like this.