THE GAMESMEN CUP - Season 3 - Division 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 15, 2016.

1. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I won't be racing again this Sunday, my wheel only got picked up today. Hopefully I will be on track next week!
    stucar17 likes this.
  2. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Use a controller. Better then nothin...
    Zachery likes this.
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I dont think i could use a controller now. Itd feel so :):):):) lol
  4. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    This week is going to have to be my drop round. Away getting drunk Camping this weekend. Show day long weekend here.
    See you guys for round three.
    Blindman likes this.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK Guys, good job last week for R1, no real issues to report, other than some lag created problems....

For R2, is a tough track to pass on, and patience will be needed.
    [​IMG]

A heads up that a car on the INSIDE of the first part of the first chicane (turn 5) has the racing line and any car on the OUTSIDE will be expected to give up the position. Protests will not be taken for cars pushed into a penalty or mistake when on the outside, and unwilling to give the position up. THAT SAID, dive bombing into the chicane will not be looked at favourably if braking is much after the 100M marker ;)

For those that havent done much testing, you will need "approx" 43L of fuel, the track temp stays constant so lower pressures have worked for me. The pit lane is a little tight to get into, so make sure you brake !!!

Dont forget to set your pit options and activate it before the race, when you enter the room. Anyone still looking for a tune just let me know or check out the tuning thread.

Cheers stu
    ADZA_85 likes this.
  6. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    No dive bombing or cheating.

...well my race strategy is shot.

*conceives secondary evil plan*
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @Footlong_warrior will be joining us tonight guys.

Hope to have a prac room open at about 7:30, race room open at 8:05.
    Last edited: May 22, 2016
    Footlong_warrior likes this.
  8. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

I stick it on poll build a 5s lead spin and drop to second then build another 5s lead before the power went out for half a second and my night is over.
    Spidey_11 and Blindman like this.
  9. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Sad to see you lose power CAGME. You had a strong pace.
    Good racing tonight. Its a frustrating circuit with lots of hiccups. I think everyone took a tumble at some point.
    Disappointing result for me in 3rd. It was a case of what could have been. Only the fault of my own.
    Well done to our winner. Great battles up front.
    Blindman and pykeybraa145 like this.
  10. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    Was a very intense race, was high quality clean racing, I was lucky to hold on for a win
    Blindman and SPL Racing like this.
  11. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Great job Pykey, unlucky MrF1. I was slowly pulling the gap in but was not going to make up 13 secs in 6 laps so was concentrating on being quick but safe at the same time.When you spun just after, my eyes lit up and i was on a mission again. Had some good scraps throughout the night, and all in all, good clean racing. See you next week fellas.
    George, Blindman, Spidey_11 and 2 others like this.
  12. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Looks close in the championship between the top 4.
    Stu 39
    Adz 37
    Pyk 32
    Jim 31

Rough calc.
    pykeybraa145 and Blindman like this.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    full results guys?
  14. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Great start was on the back of stu on the 2nd lap into the first corner and gave stu the slightest tap on the left rear and I spun went back to last place and was trying to hard and had more spins than a ballerina . Did have some good racing though ..who am I kidding it was :):):):) !
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  15. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    thoroughly enjoyed the car and track combo was intense and full on. Qualified 2nd behind cagme after topping the final practice session so I was pleased. Lap 1 was insane, was close up front, cagme built a lead up, I dropped in behind stu and went for a pass in the final chicane comple, got a penalty for touching the apex :/ and got spun around. Caught up and got back into 2nd, blah blah blah, had a spin at the second chicane and blew my lead which allowed Adza to catch up, had an awesome battle with Adza for the whole race, with many lead changes occurring, it was so close! Closest and most intense racing I have had for a while
    SuiCid3, Spidey_11 and stucar17 like this.
  16. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    I thumbled under pressure lol.

Everytime u led me i felt quicker. Always looking for a way past.
    But once i got in front you would be all over me. Ig get my head down, count the gears. Play the long game. But i kept looking in the mirror, looking at my tire temps.. frustrating myself. Looking for a quicker line to pull away.

Was great racing. Very clean and respectful even when a little contact was made. Extra room would be given.
    Great win Pyk. Deserved.
    SuiCid3, Spidey_11 and pykeybraa145 like this.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Great job last night lads, although 4 DSC was a shame.

I had an ordinary night, made too many mistakes which hurt in the end, but was no different to anyone else.

Qualified 3rd, with a mid 29, and was surprised to be that far up. Had a good start, nearly running up the back of CAGME, and as I swerved left nearly spun before the first corner ! Managed to come out second, and then he looked to settle down pretty well by the end of the first lap. On about lap 2 or 3, blindman slightly taller me in the rear and somehow managed to spin himself, I let pykee go into second, and had Jim all over me. He made a mistake on a out lap 6 and managed to get passed, but my night stared to go pear shaped when stiff got DSC and the lag spike as I went over the ripple strip at 1 spun me to the inside fence.

Was back to 5th, and just tried to stay in sight of the top 4, pulling a gap to the guys behind. About lap 15 I had a massive lose on the exit of 7, and spun me hard into the wall, lost about 12 secs trying to get it all sorted, and my night was done, however CAGME DSC I was up to 4th, but on my own.

With about 10 to go I had another spin looking at my fuel :mad: at turn 2 which cost another 8-10 secs but was up to 1st with my pit still to come. In hindsight I should have pitted with Jim, but at that stage was catching quickly so gambled on staying out in clear air hoping to make a gap later.

Pitted with 3 to go and came out 12 secs behind Jim, so settled for 4th with no hope of catching them up. Was a tough race, the car is easy till you find the limit, but should throw up some great racing over the next 5 rounds.

Well done one the win pykee, F1 and Jim for the podium.
    Bad luck to CAGME on DSC from the lead, was looking like you had good pace and not killing tires there would have been on for the win. ;) I will get the results etc up later tonight.

On to saikitto for the sprint. Second race regs will be confirmed tonight.
    George and pykeybraa145 like this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok, PROVISIONAL results for last night....nothing at this stage to report as far as protests.......
    @Hatfield

POLE : CAGME 1:28:613

RACE
    1. Pykee
    2. Jim + 14.687
    3. Adza + 3.453
    4. Stu + 14.306
    5. Blindman + 33.525
    6. Slambobagan + 24.197
    7. TB + 9.412
    8. Vendal DSC
    9. Footlong_Warrior DSC
    10. CAGME DSC
    11. Stiffsht DSC
    12. AOC, Cob, Blue DNS

Fastest laps
    Pykee : 1:29:165
    Slambo : 1:29:261
    Adza : 1:29:497
    Jim : 1:29:608
    Stu : 1:29:818
    BLindman : 1:30:101
    TB : 1:30:917
    CAGME, Stiff, footlong, Vendal ????? (i have the qual times if that helps ?)
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
    pykeybraa145 and ADZA_85 like this.
  19. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Pretty sure I came 6th?
    Crap night for me, didn't practice at all and trying to tune the car in 10mins and learn the track was going to to be difficult. Started to get the hang of it half way through and stared doing consistent 29s, almost got into the 28s a couple of times but kept spinning out. That made me frustrated and kept pushing too hard. Car was way to oversteery.
    Spent some time tonight tuning and learning the next track feels a lot nicer so hoping for a better result
    stucar17 likes this.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yes, another dash glitch ! took 3 screens and 2 of them have you 6th and another has you 7th !