THE GAMESMEN CUP - Season 3 - Division 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 15, 2016.

1. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    Drop rounds will play a good factor, looking like a close title fight
    ADZA_85 likes this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys.....this is the post i have put in the room captains thread after some questions over the wear rate for this weekend.

"i really dont care what rate of wear we run, and will change it if you want, but will say this...

Seems that everytime something gets a little difficult we change it to make it easier....yet everyone still wants all the difficult options of tuning, weather, pitstops and tire wear, night, day and track temps etc etc...

Im :confused:"

Personally i dont care what settings we use, everyone has until tomorrow night to make your feelings known by either saying "change" or "keep"
    Any 'rants' about which way we 'should' go will be deleted

Stu:rolleyes:
    Blindman likes this.
  3. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
  4. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    As much as I would love easier tyre wear I like the challenge of managing tyres
    Keep
  5. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

6. Slambobagan

Hang on a sec...... is tyre wear suppose to be 2x ?? Coz I've been practicing on 1x wear oops and I've run out of tyres after 10 laps,
    So if it's 2x I'll have to pit lap 6 and 12 haha
    If it 2x wear I vote change..
  7. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Yes its on x2.
  8. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85

Gotta nurse those babys.
    I got mine to lap 10 in a practice run today.
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  9. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    I can see the date in the first post, but just want to confirm.
    Are we racing on Sunday 12th, public holiday weekend?
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    That was the original plan, however there have been a few drivers indicate that it may not be a great idea due to unavailabliity...stay tuned
  11. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Big congrats to Stu on a win. Some solid drives up front. Well done all.
    Was good to see 9 entrants and 9 finishers.

Sad to finish at the back end after moving up to 3rd. A spin caused by late braking into parobolica ruined my race. However I found some amazing battles at the back agianst CLEANER and SLAMBO.

Me and Cleaner gifted slambo a few positions after we had a coming together and i gave the position back to Cleaner.

Definitely look forward to a break and coming back stronger then ever.

Cheers all
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  12. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Theres a break?
  13. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    If next week is put off for the long weekend..?

See above posts
  14. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    If that happens ill be forced to miss the last race atm. Dont think we should start changing the schedule.
    stucar17 likes this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  16. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Pole - AOCleaner

1) Stu + FL
    2) Pykey
    3) CAGM
    4) Jim
    5) Blindman
    6) slambo
    7) Adza
    8) AOCleaner
    9) TB
    Hatfield likes this.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks CAGMY.....more detail below: At this stage still provisional but no issues reported so far
    1) Stu + 1:44:795 - RT 53:18:231
    2) Pykey + 1:45:211 - 53:32:266 + 14:034
    3) CAGM + 1:44:953 - 53:37:831 + 19:600
    4) Jim + 1:45:146 - 53:52:349 + 31:118
    5) Blindman + 1:46:247 - 54:08:359 + 50:128
    6) slambo + 1:45:181 - 55:57:999 + 2:39:768
    7) Adza + 1:45:231 - 54:13:998 + 55:767
    8) AOCleaner + 1:45:093 - 54:22:931 + 104:700
    9) TB + 1:46:837 + 2 laps
    DNS. Bandit, footlong, cob

I had a great race, bit of luck but will take it.

I really didnt know how i would stack up with all the guys as everyone has shown some pretty serious pace at different stages. Was expecting to be mid pack, and with 3 mins to go in qual i was 6th, but managed to pull out a 52:2 i think which slotted me up to 3rd....was pretty happy with that TBH.

I got a great start, and managed to use the draft to pull along side Pykee into 1, and managed to give each other enough room to get through with no damage done. I was up to 2nd, and not looking forward to doing 10 laps in the spray from AOCleaner, so just tried to get through lap 1 without stuffing up, and letting things settle down......Bugger me, AO pulled left into the pits and i was up to 1st, with Pykee about 1 sec behind.

After about 3 laps i had a couple of clench moments with Pykee close, (had a very small amount of contact into ascari and i thought i was gone) i managed to save it and he slotted in behind again and continued the battle. I think next lap Pykee got a cracking run out of Parabolica and was along side in the braking zone to 1, so i gave him the corner, but had CAGME all over the back of me as well...He managed to have a spin coming out of the first lesmo, which gave me some breathing space, and a chance to not let Pykee get away at the front. On lap 9 his tires must have been overheating, or had a moment because i managed to bring the gap back to about 2 secs. At the end of 9 i followed my gut and pitted, while he stayed out for another lap which was the second bit of luck i had ! I had a cracking out lap, and made about 3 seconds, combined with pykees in lap, i passed him on the front straight as he exited pit lane.....a 1.5 second gap, track drying and good tires.

Over the next few laps i could see on the straights i was making about .2 gap but would lose a little in the second sector, overall i was making about .2 per lap, so just got my head down and tied to be as consistent a i could. With about 10 laps to go the gap was out to about 4 seconds, and then he must have had a moment somewhere because it blew out a little in the end.....

Overall, i had had a great "race", mistake free, lots of pressure and some good battles in the wet. Congrats to Pykee and CAGME for the podium, both cracking drives.....CAGME i was expecting to see you drop offline at about 8:45 our time when you got that knock on the window :D. And AOCleaner, bad luck on the jump start, am sure would have been a cracking 4 way battle had you not got so excited.

On to Spa for the enduro....day/night/day cycle should make things very interesting......hopefully some more good racing

Stu
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    pykeybraa145 and SPL Racing like this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys, on another topic.....

Does anyone have an issue if we bring in the div 1 guys to our room..

Am thinking that we increase the qual time to 15 mins, and the div 1 guys go out 30 secs ahead, followed by div 2 guys.

At race start we could let the div 1 guys go for 15 seconds, before we start, giving everyone some breathing space....

OR, we can just merge the room and let everyone go at like normal, allocating points to the divs based on finishing positions. ?? Let me know what you think, but hate the look of our "premier" division finishing with just 5 drivers.....they may have more planning on racing, but let me know anyway with a simple "merge" or "no" ....... olong with your race report ;)
    Blindman likes this.
  19. Slambobagan

I don't mind merging more the better but just all go at the same time the fast guys should peel away quickly anyway.

My race last night pretty average, had a big day fishing 5am start drinking all day lots of sun, I was asleep on the couch at 10:15pm (8:15pm your time) when the wife woke up and asked aren't you racing tonight? With quali just starting I made it and the drunk tiredness showed big time I was a second slower in the wet and dry than my practice,
    Also made a lot of errors and had multiple shortcut penalties, had some good battles thou during The race with adza and Ao, got lucky at the end and got gifted 2 spots sorry I collected ya AO thorough the chicane on your rejoin wasn't sure what had happened but then saw adza redressing.
    Hope for a better result next week.
    Well done podium and Stu for the win
  20. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Im happy for a merge.

Considering some of div 2 guys are as quick as some div 1 guys it could make for some great battles. Definitely all start together. And may as well just qually together as normal. I know when I go out i back off and leave a space from the car in front so i can put down a respectable lap.
    I beleive most people ive met here apply the same rules and are smart enough to qually with some common sense

Hey Slambo, i could definitely tell you were off pace. 10/10 for making the effort tho mate.
    Was really hoping to hold you and AO behind. Made the move on him at turn 1 but he braked much earlier then usual and i gave him a slight nudge. Typical project cars turns a nudge into a multi car bloody pile up. Was gonna keep going but i felt i could do it cleaner. Regretfully you got him as he re entered the track and so i lost 2 places. Good racing though
    Slambobagan likes this.