THE GAMESMEN CUP - Season 3 - Division 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 15, 2016.

1. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Ah yeah that was me I spun at turn 1....and turn 2, went back to last place
  2. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Yep. Guys still think you need to win by the first corner.

@garyw61 the incident at the hairpin.
    Just thought I'd get in before you thought I pushed you off... (well, I did, but it was out of my control).

@George the incident between us.
    I didn't redress because I had nowhere to go when you decelerated/oversteered into my path.

And finally. This is how close quarter driving should be like.
    Take note of the last part of the video.
    Hats off to you @SPL Racing

Edit: ignore the rewinding... looks like I uploaded the wrong video.
    Last edited: May 22, 2016
    SPL Racing likes this.
  3. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    What a disappointing race that was. Got away well. End of lap one got shunted at the final chicane into the gravel trap till near last place. Will be looking in to what the hell happened, looked like someone diving in the pits with no regard for traffic.

I had some OK pace when I put a lap together but I couldn't keep the car pointing in the right direction. In the end I finished 2 laps down with my tail between my legs. Hopefully next round goes a little better for me.
    stucar17 and SPL Racing like this.
  4. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Thats a hard one at turn one. He wasn't really going to make the corner there without slowing right down and you probably couldn't see him from onboard but not really penalty worthy as had you seen him you probably should have left more space. @Zharvs92 no incidents behind you through the first few turns you just nailed it and never looked back.
    Zachery likes this.
  5. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    @George the incident between us.
    I didn't redress because I had nowhere to go when you decelerated/oversteered into my path.

Fair enough too, all good
  6. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    All good mate, you should see what a ramming I gave Kart. Sorry again for that Kart.
    George and SuiCid3 like this.
  7. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Did your room have penalties on?? looking at some of those vids with the chicanes some people should have got a 5 second penalty from the game
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    definately did. i got a penalty for sliding through one of the chicanes during the race, luckily i was bout 27 secs up lol.
  9. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I saw that!
    Was thinking at the time that wasn't very Gary like!
    It gave me 2 places though so I'll take it :)

Yep, penalties were on.
    And those chicanes are where most of the time is made. You just need to know how far you can take it.

Oh I saw him alright.
    There was plenty of space if he held the corner all the way through. It's close racing during the first few corners, everyone should know to be a little bit more careful.
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  10. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Cool. I was just checking because I use A LOT of curbs for this track and have been slapped quite a few times for the off track penalties, specifically in your 2nd vid, after your late braking, at the 9 second mark. Also the last vid with SPL at the 2:40 second mark in the second chicane. I'm not meaning anything by bringing these up but was just curious as I thought the game would have given a penalty for them.
  11. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Well done @garyw61 rumour has it @Kart-No-1 likes a good ramming!
    Kart-No-1 likes this.
  12. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

From what I hear so. Does @Killercarlcox69 so maybe you could share the love with him next time ;)
    George and freddyp_33 like this.
  13. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Cheers mate, I didn't think it was possible to go two wide through the second chicane but we made it through. I probably could have given you a bit more room but i'm glad you didn't get penalised. Great racing!
    SuiCid3 and Spidey_11 like this.
  14. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Well I just love making things hard on myself. I nailed a great lap in quali with a 29.1 which was only 0.1 faster than Zharvs to give me pole, got away slowly off the line and had a big moment at turn 1 then completely spun at turn 2 I sat and waited for everyone to pass before re-joining at the rear of the field. After the incident at the first chicane I ran into a traffic jam and had to trundle along behind the wall of cars.

I decided to pit at the end of lap 1 to get some clean air and stated nailing 30's lap after lap and before long I caught up to the pack again and started picking my way through the field, I had some great battles which was fun but slowed me down in my hunt for Zharvs out front. I made way up to about 8th before everyone started pitting so I picked up a few easy spots. I was running 3rd and catching Fezza (I think it was) by about 2 seconds a lap and I was pretty sure he hadn't pitted yet, when he finally pitted on the second last lap I moved up to second. I was hoping that Zharvs also needed to pit still but he was so far ahead that I could see any split times until I got into second. when I saw that he was only about 12 secs up the road I knew he had it wrapped up and I just cruised the last lap to bring it home in 2nd place.

Great race Zharvs, i was looking forward to a great battle with you but unfortunately I stuffed up and had to run my own race to try and catch you. Thanks to the back markers that made it extremely easy to get through while being lapped. I don't think i lost anytime at all getting through as you all had great awareness of what was going on.
    garyw61 and Ad2mny like this.
  15. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I had a dog of a race. Got off the line really well into 4th but spun it at the first chicane, got back into the pack and got shunted at the second chicane (by someone attempting an overtake on the outside of the chicane) which put me into a spin and until the gravel. That put me into last place, I made my way back up a couple of spots but I had numerous spins of my own causing which killed any chance I had of making a decent placing. Oh well. Looking forward to Sakkito now, good course with a couple of tricky corners to negotiate.
    stucar17, Ad2mny and SPL Racing like this.
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Haha mate, i was a bit shattered when you span, i was really looking forward to fighting it out with you. maybe next week mate.
    SPL Racing likes this.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    full results guys?
  18. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Yeah.. still not really sure how the game decides on penalties... probably a bit like how GT6 gives you a penalty for someone ramming you in the ass...
    My theory is probably due to the deceleration rate due to hitting the sand trap?

1cm more from you in the first part or me in the 2nd and we both would have gotten a shortcut think...
    Those lines were pretty much bang on the limit.
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    i have the race results on my ipad at home @Hatfield dont have the qually screenshot though. will see if i can get the missus to send it to my email and ill upload.
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    for me I need who got pole & FL, who DSC and the finishing positions