GT6 Thursday night NASCAR

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by stucar17, Nov 27, 2014.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Congratulations Jono, Nascar Champion, just waiting for results from the other room, you may be team champions as well.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @stucar17 Last place was Mario in our room for 11th, non starters will probably get points for 12th unless you had more than 11 finishers in your room.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Woo hoo! Awesome racing guys!

Bit of a messy start with Jamie starting the race before I could complete my hot lap :roflmao: and starting last.

As the race wore on, Fastboy and I wanted to kill each other so some of it was spent smashing into each other, though I think he wanted to smash Rotor even more!

I was being too hard on my tyres, so unfortunately I was on the back foot for most of the race. Even more so when after an incident, my HDMI cable cut out on lap 29, nearly going 2 laps down in the process. I had to drive hard to maximise the boost effect. When emmo pitted, we became drafting buddies in order to fight back into the leading pack. I realised my only chance of getting the 3rd place I needed was to try and skip a pitstop that I'd normally would have taken and go nearly 20 laps on these tyres. I performed a series of laps on 1-1 rights that were hell to drive.

I came in with roughly 13 laps to go, and conserved the tyres, saving them for the right moment. CAGM and Joe tried to make the tyres last, but at the rate we were catching them, it wasn't going to work. That helped as Joe could have taken the title if it worked.

On the last lap I tried to hold station behind fastboy and Rotor, as 3rd was all I needed to win, unless Beau scored pole and the win. Entering turn 3, they barged each other, leaving the door open for me. I contemplated moving back as I thought emmo was too close, but I instead went for it! The draft wasn't enough and it was a lucky win for me.

Awesome series Stu, I'm not really a fan of NASCAR because frankly, I'm terrible at oval racing, but boost keeps it fun for everyone and I had an absolute blast. :D Cheers @SuiCid3 for being a great teammate, once emmo works it all out, I think we'll be right up there! Roll on the new series!

Cheers, Jono.
    Ad2mny, skywalker and emmo46 like this.
  4. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Awesome work @N64TheStig007!
    Didn't realise you were up front at the end!
    I managed to score a 3rd from my screen, so probably 4th in the overall scheme.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Cheers man, I could see you as the race was started but almost immediately you were gone.
  6. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Yep well played Jono!
    I honestly thought we were going to take that one - 20lap stints put me and CAGME well in front for most of the race.
    Was gutted when he had to pit at lap 56 and i watched the pack hunt me down, i had nothing left to fight with and finished the race with the right side tyres on 1.
    There was some crazy stuff early on which did not bode well for a clean race but with our pitstop strag we were in clean air
    for quite some time.
    Great fun as always.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You and Jono are in the running for teams champs, the only other team that can take it from you is TB and Jim. As they were in the other room they would have a really good chance of beating your 1st and 4th finish. Just waiting for the results from that room.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  8. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Great fun!
    Never thought I'd enjoy a NASCAR run until the last TB400 event.
    Kinda glad they dialled down the FFB since then haha

Hope I didn't cause any grief with @N64TheStig007 and @v8power383 by not being able to see them.
    I knew there were more than just Jono I couldn't see, as I saw @Fastboysmith and @R0T0R-AU86 having a few argy bargy's with some invisible cars.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  9. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    PSN was playing up for us. Some people were having issues getting into Vardz room, so I became host. However, I gotta say my room wasn't much better! After having some random in a redbull jump into our race just before it started we had to reset and kick him..

I was hopeful for a 3rd pole, but groover was having none of it, so using his slip didn't work very well, so ended up at 5th. But after the random, I wasn't taking chances for the restart so sat in the pits (last place) until race start.

We agreed upon doing a rolling formation lap with Beau (got pole) setting the pace and to start the race. However, col had other ideas and left the pack for dead! He was off to a blinder with almost 3/4 a lap lead!!! Took a few laps to catch, but with slip and boost he had no hope of losing the pack!

We lost Stu about the half way point :(

My only strat was to pit with around 10 laps to go, or shortly after the main pack. Unlike other races I finally had learnt to just use up the grip and keep a good position, to avoid getting taken out in the last couple of laps. That said was quite surprised with taking first in the final round. Beau had a great line / speed out of the final corner, however I was in his way, so got a nice bump out of the corner. Grabbed a little slip stream from Aussie and slingshot into the lead!

Crossed with .05 lead ;) I think if the start finish line was 10-20m further down the track I'd have been swamped!

Thanks Stu for organising it. Was a lot of fun, even if it was ~60mins of mindless fun for 1-2 laps of high speed chess!
    aussief1 and Ad2mny like this.
  10. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Awesome fun last night even if I did get robbed of my pole :/ :/ :/ Goddammit col :p Anyways it was awesome racing and it gave me an idea for a series of everyone in Red Bull X2011's ( They have the most power ) with high boost on Daytona, Indy, Motegi and Route X.... ill consider it if this gets enough likes or interest :) But anywho the race was awesome and after getting killed on lap 11 and spun 4 times in 1 corner by 2 cars ( Nice Red Bull teamwork boys :p ) and making a stupid divebomb on Vardz which sent me off we were set for an awesome final few laps, and on the last lap I went full terminator and took out more than 3 quarters of the grid in a single touch ( Really sorry about that boys :/ ) We were left onto the final corner and it was 4 cars fighting it for the win and if there was no contact between us/bump drafting I think a 4 wide finish could have happened again at Indy! Look up the indylights finish of 2013 if ya haven't seen one before! And unfortunately I gave someone else the win by giving them a bump but when I crossed the line, I couldn't help but think to how much fun this series was! Cheers stu for making this series and congrats on fastest lap!! :)
    Ad2mny likes this.
  11. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I don't think there was a time me and rotor didn't hit each other. Not one clean pass all night
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  12. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Im going to go home and take a video of the hit i had on rotor that sent him into it lane at the end of the pit
  13. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    LOL! Saw that as it happened and was pissing myself.
    It also happened to a few other people as well from memory! Ad2 being one of them :p
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I got shoved into the pits as well, don't know who by but might watch the replay for future reference. Poor Ad2 got pushed into the pits by somebody but it was me that own goaled for our team as when he tried to swerve to miss the pit entrance I was beside him avoiding the carnage and we contacted and sent him spearing back into the pit entrance:(. It spoiled his night as he was about 18 laps out from the end and forced to finish on worn tyres. He would have gotten a much better result if not for that. My forced pit entry was very early in the race so I had time to recover and get back on strategy.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @VARDZ does any one have the results from room 2 last night? Beau_albert had pole I see.
  16. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    18 laps... still plenty of time. Just gotta put some trust in the good old booooooost! :D

Still things not going to plan does throw you off your A game.
  17. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    1 - Me 55:01.563
    2 - Jim +00.049 (so close!)
    3 - Beau +0.153
    4 - Aussie +0.177
    5 - TB +0.367
    6 - Flood +1.023
    7- Vardz +1.955
    8 - Groover +9.364
    9 - Stiff +11.398
    10 - Col +1.30.786
    11 - Stu (D/C'd) :( But gave me a cracking lag punt to the lead, before PSN said no.
    emmo46 likes this.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46

Thanks
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Bugga, pipped for a place in the top three of the tables.
  20. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yeah nothing left for the drive onto the straights at the end. By the time I was going as fast as everyone in the last few laps, the straight was over and I dropped back again. Lol. Frustrating. Watching that frantic finish with Jono emmo and R0T0R was pretty intense though. Brilliant stuff.
    emmo46 likes this.