PCARS Thursday night team mate series -PS4

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by stucar17, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Was a glitch with myself and Samsung at the finish, he actually won the race by a car length in front of me.
    So Samsung P1, Myself P2
    Sam D Blacklock and stucar17 like this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Mmmmm, same issue i had with Gary in round 2.....he beat me by about 2 car lengths and still put me in front

Fixed
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  4. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

@stucar17 isbit possible for @N64TheStig007 to step in and score points for my team in this series as Seth is away tommorow night?
    stucar17 and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    @garyw61 would you like me to take your spot until Telstra send a tech out to tell you that you need a new modem or replace the battery in the line outside? :p

(They're bloody useless, had them there times before I found the problem myself in my house which was a cable fraying under the floating floors I'd installed in the back of our house)

I have no idea what cars you're using here BTW and have had no practice for three weeks on this game.
  6. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    @beakeroo I think I am back in business from this afternoon. Telstra apparently found an issue in my area and have fixed it. I will test it out tonight and let you know.
    beakeroo likes this.
  7. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    All good mate, hope it's all sorted for you.
  8. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yep, finally fixed, so I will be racing tonight. You hosting tonight @stucar17 ?
    beakeroo likes this.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i will host mate, have had no issues since i changed my setup and everyone has a solid connection now.
  10. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Might not make it tonight.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Excited for my first Pcars event on a wheel! Should be a fun race. :thumbsup:
  12. Konnor McCluskey

What's going on??
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  13. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    A cut track penalty whilst ON the track. FFS!! . Get taken out twice in the first two laps. Have the whole back end lift off the ground and spin me off for no reason.
    JonoStan96 and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  14. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    @stucar17 awesome side by side racing for a few corners!
    anyway here is my highlights *facepalms
  15. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Some fun racing tonight thanks guys.

Thanks Stu for another great series!
  16. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I don't know how you guys race leagues on this game, I couldn't bear to race knowing the collision physics are that broken. It was a real eye opener.

Nevertheless pole was a nice surprise, as was holding the lead after a lap. But come on, a track limit infringement penalty for running wide and dipping some wheels into the gravel? Are you kidding me? Then I got taken out by Samsung 2 corners later and for another kick in the balls I get another penalty despite being shoved onto the grass. Jesus. Taken out again a lap later, I still don't know how I went from 9th to 3rd in only a handful of laps.

The dice with Gary (well done mate, you're a class act on both games) let me believe that racing is actually possible on this game, until we breathed on each other and by some crazy physics equation meant neither of us could turn and we lost 2 positions as Blue and Autech slipped through. Seriously the guy who decided that the game should be released (let alone go unfixed a year later) with this happening should be shot in the kneecaps.

Anyway once I got ahead of Gary, Konnor and Blue, I was in a very lonely 3rd. Autech was too fast for me and I settled down. Oh, and my fuel glitched and reset to 90L. Not quite sure if that's supposed to happen to everyone, logic says no, but if not, that is an utter joke. I was all set for 3rd, managing the gap to Groover and Stu then suddenly the car fishtailed and could not be contained, neither could my jaw as it hit the floor.

Stu fell off somewhere and here's where the stupid collision physics really came to the fore. Twice we made nose to tail rubbing, both occasions resulting in Stu being heavily compromised. I've always known if contact is made, you wait for your rival to catch up. But overall, finishing 7th merely summed up my frustrations after running 1st and 3rd for the majority of the race, not bad for someone's 2nd day of playing it on a wheel. I'll be uploading the entire race from my POV too. (except the last lap where I just did donuts and poor drifts.)

Cheers Stu for letting me race tonight, I did enjoy the new challenge a lot, the car was nice, I only did about 2 laps before entering the lobby so I was still like a fish out of water. However I shan't be doing any leagues on here any time soon, I still prefer being able to race hard without fear of being blown up or compromised by a core game mechanic which is totally broken. I'm keen for the next batch of these races, and I hope to see you tomorrow night for the V8 Series.

Cheers, Jono.
  17. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Yeh it's a very unexplainable game, it's kinda like SMS googled "how to make racing game" & "who's a racing car driver"

Got there results study the first paragraphs and made a game that plays games with you:roflmao:

Then once they made the game "we broke what we do for cash lol" and Wikipedia said make DLC

Then I googled "how does one fix this game"

And Clarkson responded....

[​IMG]
  18. autech91

autech91 Professional

I have a theory on the magnetising, they don't want to fix it as you should NEVER make contact. If racers are clean and respect each other fast racing can be had. You cant get away with the bumps the gt6 allowed, once you get to grips with that @N64TheStig007 you will enjoy the game I assure you.

Very rough racing boys. Was taken out at least 4 times, a few of them were from guys not paying attention to where I was on track and a few times were from when I was trying to give another racer room and someone decided to capitalise on it. Not good.

Overall race went ok for me, I got a rocket start n soon was battling for the lead. Then the carnage started n I had to do it all again a few times, but I enjoyed the challenge. Cheers to Stu for running it, been a fun car to drive!
    garyw61 likes this.
  19. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Yeah I don't get this 'why can't we rub our 2t sleds at high speed and not expect consequences' thing. You actually can to a degree if you're both going straight, if one of you are going at an angle though and one of you touch the brake you're both spilling. I've got plenty of vids with doors rubbing and not spilling. Hell me and Seth had an incident a few weeks ago where we caught each other's doors and we bounced and clanged off of each other through a chicane as you'd expect.
    The penalties though are rough, I feel your pain as I've been knocked off field a few times this season and given penalties for it. It's the most frustrating part of the game for me.
    Sounds like it was not a particularly clean racer last night, these happen sometimes but I wouldn't give up just yet, give it another go. Don't expect GT5/6.
  20. Konnor McCluskey

That first video is a very good shot of VHmik clearly running me into the grass for no reason, and everyone knows what happens when you brake on grass haha
    Sam D Blacklock and beakeroo like this.