PCARS Thursday night team mate series -PS4

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by stucar17, Feb 25, 2016.

1. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah, welcome to PCars Jono and the stupid 'magnetising' system. It's a shame, as the driving physics are so much better than GT6 (in my opinion anyway).

It's a pity you missed out on the 'invisible walls' we used to experience in the early days too!
    JonoStan96 and beakeroo like this.
  2. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Not once did you get past me rear quarter panel, which means I have track position. You should of backed off but instead you decided to keep gassing it trying to make a move that was never going to stick and take 4 cars out.
    Killercarlcox69 likes this.
  3. autech91

autech91 Professional

Doesn't give you the right to change your line into the braking zone sorry Mik.
    I'd put that down to a racing incident as everyone was going in there rather hot though, no real party at fault but if you had held your initial line the incident would not have happened as it did.
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  4. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

If only i could have squeezed my zits that well when i was a teenager mik!!
  5. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Depending on his camera angle that can be a very difficult place to spot a car. I use on bonnet view and cannot see cars on my rear quarter panel. I try to keep an eye on the person's behind me track time to figure how close they might be (unless I have crew chief running) but coming off the start line it would be impossible to tell like that.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  6. vh_mik

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Where did I change my line??? The first 50mtrs I was headed towards that apex.
  7. autech91

autech91 Professional

At 18 seconds, you pulled right and hit the brakes. IF you had simply hit the anchors you would have actually had a better run into the first corner and subsequently the 2nd IMO. I am willing to bet Suckskullz would have pulled in behind you also.
    But what would I know?
  8. vh_mik

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    And at 19 seconds you clearly see me in front before the braking Zone. But instead he decided to keep into it when he had a clear chance to back out and the end result is clear.
  9. autech91

autech91 Professional

Taken from our own gentalmanly guide to racing:

From then on however, manners dictate that he only has 1 move either left or right to choose his line into the next turn, this should be done early & slowly enough to give other drivers following behind a fair chance to react, lest there be an otherwise avoidable incident.
    AND:
    When overtaking another car right near the end of a straight, it is good manners to leave the other driver his line, & stick to your own. It is bad manners to quickly swerve in front of the car you have just passed, take his line & brake. This is because you will be travelling much faster due to drafting him, & will have to brake significantly earlier, the other driver will have almost no time to react by changing his line or braking point. This kind of bad racecraft can lead to many unnecessary incidents going into turns at the ends of straights, you will not see the more experienced & well rounded drivers performing this kind of maneuver.

While this is in more to do with drafting it remains the same. You change your line very late into that corner, giving Suckyskillz not very much time to react. Take not of the early and slowly enough part as you very much failed to do this.
    VH I have been racing with you for a very long time, I know you wouldn't intentionally put another driver in the grass, but this is what happened as I see it. I do hope you didn't know he was there and didn't try and deliberately block him.
  10. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Having watched it again Mik you do seem to be drifting to the right even when Konnor is almost side by side with you, unfortunately Samsung spins the camera at that time and when it returns you are heavily swinging right giving him no room at all.

Kangaroo court finds in favor of Mr Skillz
  11. vh_mik

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    He never touched the grass, if you look closely you will see me hit the brakes BEFORE the 100m market whilst my car was clearly in front. He drives into the side of me way before there is grass. and seeing as I moved across way before the corner I'm entitled to stay there. My brakes were clearly on before the braking zone and if he hadn't of drive into me I would of pulled it up easily to avoid col, n64 and beau and would of had a clear turn on the apex. He had plenty of time being the car behind to pull out before.
  12. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I'm sorry @autech91 but I cannot agree with you there, that's a cop out. I've done online sim racing for nearly 5 years now, and if a developer intentionally put in place a broken system which doesn't allow wheel to wheel racing I'd take it back to the store and demand a refund. Put it this way, if real touring car racing abided by Pcars' "rules" of car behaviour when rubbing against one another there would be a lot more fatalities and injuries. You'll see in the full race upload, the incidents with Gary and Stu I had, it's impossible to apportion blame to anyone because no one did anything wrong. That said I do enjoy the driving physics a lot more now I'm on a wheel, it's a lot more rewarding to get right, except for the sliding and drift physics, they make no sense at all.
  13. vh_mik

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    as taken from post NEW MEMBERS 2012
    Defending Your Position:

An experienced racer will take whatever line he feels necessary into any given corner in order to defend & maintain his place, he is entitled to do so as he has track position over the pursuing driver, remember that the fastest line is not always the winning one. It is the other chaps job to force him into an error, whilst still driving cleanly of course, or wait for one to occur naturally & then take advantage of it, albeit in the proper fashion.

Overtaking & Being Overtaken:

When attempting to overtake up the inside, on the run up to a tight high speed corner like 130R on Suzuka for instance, sometimes you are not close enough to pull it off. The discerning driver knows when this is the case & will yield by coming off the throttle or even braking a little if necessary, so as to not cause an incident, there is after all only 1 racing line through 130R. The aggressive or overly optimistic driver goes for it regardless, stuffs it up the inside, causes an incident,

Drafting
    When overtaking another car right near the end of a straight, it is good manners to leave the other driver his line, & stick to your own. It is bad manners to quickly swerve in front of the car you have just passed, take his line & brake. This is because you will be travelling much faster due to drafting him, & will have to brake significantly earlier, the other driver will have almost no time to react by changing his line or braking point. This kind of bad racecraft can lead to many unnecessary incidents going into turns at the ends of straights, you will not see the more experienced & well rounded drivers performing this kind of maneuver.

Auts, you quoted someone who has gone passed on a draft and then changes line. I was always in front and maintained my approach to the corner. there was no drafting. I never jumped in his line and braked. He never jumped in directly behind he kept trying to gas it around the outside even after the braking markers.
  14. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Are you kidding me?? Haha we start on the outside off the pitlane line by the time we are at the braking zone we are both inside it.....yea no line change there....pfft il have to try and upload my POV. It might not of been grass must've been collision physics causing the lock up of brakes. But I had every right to be there especially when I have a run on you
    beakeroo likes this.
  15. vh_mik

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    I'm clearly allowed to drive to that apex and your clearly allowed to do the same. I was clearly in front at the braking zone which means your supposed to yield. When I hit my brakes your front bumper was touching my rear bumper even though you had 1 1/2 car width of track left on the outside where the last black display sign is.
  16. Konnor McCluskey

We will see ....
  17. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Whilst i have no issues with drivers pushing another driver to one side of the track to disrupt their entrance to the next corner or simply put them off, thats fair racing in my mind (assuming its a single move and no one ends on the grass) but on the first lap with heaps of others around and add in moving the car under brakes is just asking for a huge wreck, which sadly occurred.
    Regardless of how far alongside you he was, you have to respect he is there and be aware that he might not back off, even if backing off was perhaps the smart call on the opening lap.
    Sam D Blacklock and autech91 like this.
  18. Konnor McCluskey

I wasn't trying to start an argument was just trying to say don't move over on people with a run, the momentum was lost by you forcing me otherwise I clearly have a right to use my run to my advantage. It happened to me most of the race so yea
  19. vh_mik

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    you were beside me at the exit of the pits then i had a run and was a car length in front. so i had the run on you.
    [​IMG]
    here is the braking zone where i clearly have my brakes on and both front and rear tyres are on the line, there is NO turn in under braking or in the braking zone. as i had hit the brakes first, you run into me as you can see your front bumper and my rear. so being the car in front i have the right of that line as id already made my move at the the pit exit. some distance up the road.
    [​IMG]
    and this is how much room you had to move. 1 1/2 car width. There is no grass that i run you off onto, you can see the break marker. i gave you room.

So you can see by the time you hit me, you have PLENTY of space, i never drove you off track, i never moved into the braking zone to hit you, i maintained a straighter line until you tagged me and we magnetised. you can clearly see if you had of backed off slightly it would never of happened.
  20. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I now agree with Mik as he obviously needs our pity because Vodafone.

[​IMG]
    Sam D Blacklock, garyw61 and vh_mik like this.