Turn Left Racing (TLR)- season 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by t_b_williams, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    Sorry Captain for some bad advice on strategy, I soon realised myself the one stop was the way too go. :( Just not enough time on the track this week, and it showed with a poor result overall coming home just behind stig in 7th. I did enjoy some of the battles with the back half of the field, including you TB (not sure if you where letting me passed TB or not).

This is a very busy time for me with work commitments so my pace will be off, but hopefully we can all get together this Thursday for some quality practice! :thumbsup:
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  2. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Will be in Sydney on Thursday, so will sadly miss this week's team practice. Will need to rely on you guys for strategy as won't have too much time this week, probably just enough to get my lines right. Seems I'm in second place in the championship but will need great results on both races to have a chance at winning. Will be hard as quick guys in div3 are falling from trees these days.

I'm looking at you Bryan, nicely done last night.
    Mister_Bond_747 and REVO_Bryan like this.
  3. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I think my win might have been a fluke, because if I had done my planned 1-stop strategy, I might not have been able to keep Seth behind. My mistake of not changing tire type put me on the same strategy as him.
  4. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    That doesn't mean you're not quick mate, only that luck was also on your side last night ;)
  5. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Don't sweat it Bond. and yes I was letting you by. as best I could without letting the others behind you by as well.
  6. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Hey guys, I may not be able to make it tonight, at least until later on. Will do my best to be there before 10pm.
  7. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    no worries jim.

Would love to get a good turn out tonight. We have a big team and only had relatively small showings for the practice nights.
    See you all on track. Its a tough one this week. Can bite very hard if your not on the ball.
    REVO_Bryan and pykeybraa145 like this.
  8. Jim_aka_The_Man

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Had some issues last night as well. Will wait for your instruction for strategy etc. :D
  9. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    getting late to do it now. Need sleep will put it in the Div Convos tomorrow afternoon.;):thumbsup:
    Jim_aka_The_Man likes this.
  10. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Oh and the TLR clubhouse is now online. Check your ingame messages for the invite to the club.
  11. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    URGENT!!!
    Check your divisional conversations guys!!
  12. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    I HAVE FINALLY DONE IT!!!!!!!! Got a podium in the enduro 3rd place foock yeah baby!!!!Had a great battle with serge before he made a mistake by doing a longer stint on mediums, we were passing each other a few toots here and there, very close indeed.I stuck to the strategy all race nothing change umm, Aussie and seeeth to quick up front. I am still FooCKING angry because I was leading the race by around 5 seconds and they called a restart and made it qualifying spots for the grid. Aussie and Seth were miles back from me......What could have been.
    GO TEAM MOIST TLR WOOOOOOOOOO
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  13. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    Well done Pykster!
    I came home 5th. Pretty happy with that but should have been 4th. Just made one error hit the tyre barrier at forrest elbow and cost me ten seconds. Flippn' awesome race though.
    The pit/fuel strategy was perfect. Thanks TB!:thumbsup:

That's the last race for my season as good fiends are moving and some bright spark chose sunday night for the going away.

I'll try and get to mid week prac and help out where possible. I hope its not my last season at TLR, its been a hoot.
    pykeybraa145 and t_b_williams like this.
  14. Jim_aka_The_Man

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Great job Pykey. Can't wait for prac this week, I'll need it. Finished second by 2.5 secs, final round, leading championship by 9 points. :D
    t_b_williams and Mister_Bond_747 like this.
  15. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Great Job boys!!! VC you little ripper. I'm guessing your happy????
    Awsome result Jim. Good points for yourself and the team.
    How did the rest of the team fare????

My race was a bit of what if. Qualified 10th in a room full of aliens, so was happy with that. Start was mostly clean. bit of panel rubbing. Then on lap 3 I was too deep on the brakes into the chase. This happened another two times:mad:
    Jumped a couple in the end on strategy, and with a few DC's ended up 8th.
    Mister_Bond_747 likes this.
  16. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    The TLR Club has an event set for practice sessions at Monza if you want to practice away from prying eyes. Weather is set to 50/50 for now. Haven't seen anything on official settings yet?????
  17. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I was hoping to catch you in the last stint again Pykey, did softs-softs-meds-meds. The last stint in meds was meant to be an 11 stint in softs, but my foot in the accelerator selected whatever was on screen. Damage was done and pitting again for softs would have made it worse. Only positive thing was finishing in front of Blindman for the championship, but the gap is too large now so does not matter.
    Good solid drive Pykey, we were set for a good battle in the last stint, but stuffed it up in pits grrrrr
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  18. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Well done Pykey. Bout time you started earning your keep :thumbsup:
    I managed to snag a 3rd. We had some wild stuff happening in div 6, everyone had a great time.
  19. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Watch the Language please VC. :thumbsup:
  20. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    In my infinite wisdom, I forgot to change oil, so was down 30 hp or so. I started last (12th) and finished 5th. Can't complain with that.:)
    t_b_williams likes this.