AC V8SC mods

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by loris P., Dec 9, 2016.

1. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Remove the bar. Remove the bar. Please remove the bar. Haha it just effects visibility like mo fo
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  2. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    can't even load the car's at the moment update has really messed up my game corrupted everything and getting all sorts of error's but will try and get these car's out by Christmas starting do my head in and just want it done :roflmao: once I get the car's loading again i'll have a look at getting the bar out hopefully without needing to redo textures :thumbsup:
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  3. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Was a major pain in the butt requiring a re write of the HR_COCKPIT hierarchy but here ya go no stupid larry bar :roflmao:

[​IMG]
  4. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Love you :inlove:
    Tovey_4saken and KoAStR like this.
  5. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Spidey_11 and Tovey_4saken like this.
  6. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Just few textures to finish on the inside of the ford and fix the display on the motec and can start uploading these car's

Do note the aero coming with these cars has not been tested it's lower then what I had for nord but may be too weak or still too strong won't be able to get behind the wheel again till after xmas but aero is the only remaining factor physics wise that i'm aware of :thumbsup:
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  7. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    @Tovey_4saken you are a legend. Looking forward to trying this out
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  8. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Car's are being zipped up and are on the way :thumbsup::D

Here is something to stare at while you wait
    [​IMG]
  9. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    I've said it before but it deserves another round. Bloody amazing work Tovey. I'm looking forward to getting behind the wheel of these :)
    Peter Wise and Tovey_4saken like this.
  10. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Alrighty,alrighty,alrighty
    Here are the V8supercars 2011 Car Of The Future :roflmao:

please do read all of this post before jumping in

First was one heck of an effort to get these cars from what they were to where they are now many long night's and wayyyy too much coffee :coffee:

These are the thing's you will need to know to get the most from these car's

Both car's are identical in physics (well hopefully they are I did double check :roflmao:) so you can pick your favorite Ford or Holden and not have to worry if the other one is quicker

once jumping into a room you will notice the setup is invalid this base setup is set to what the engineer on the day had used just raise height this setup was used on a flat track with no curbs ..

for normal tracks and pretty much every track you come across you will need to stiffen the suspension this is done in three ways

1)raise the wheel rate take note spring rates are 500lbs1000lbs spring in front 200lbs-500lbs rear so if you go 1000lbs front you would need to make sure the dampers get enough travel and suspension to compensate

2)raise the stiffness of the dampers a rule you must follow so the car is not a bouncing mess FAST REBOUND MUST ALWAYS BE HIGHER THEN FAST BUMP then adjust slow bump/rebound accordingly

3) obvious one,use a combination of the both I know most of you know these thing's but typed it just incase because if you set the car up wrong you are going to know about it in this car there is no easy way out it must be setup sensibly and realistically to get the most from it :thumbsup:

okay little tips and info

if you make a setup you like and want to add it to the AI in game just save your setup as AI_default then leave room and come back and at race start the AI will pick that setup :thumbsup:

the roll bars in setup it say 1 to 5 or whatever it is haha but the real minimum number is front:40000NM rear:10000NM
    keep that in mind if you ever raise them :thumbsup:

the huds look odd because i set them up in a way that you can see them with headlights off and on and flash

finally the cars have a headlight flashing feature assign a button for this and flash away :roflmao: the hud also will flash as an indication that it worked :D

Any bug's or suggestions let me know I can guarantee that the aero may need to be lowered even more but if anyone could suggest just how much feel free :thumbsup:

oooo almost forgot on take off you are going to need to ride the clutch a little bit otherwise it'll stall once it's up to 2300rpm its good to go no fake ass clutch dropping instant grip here :roflmao:
    you can use clutch for downshfts no need for upshifts

also just remembered auto blip is on so enjoy that while ya can till the next update was :roflmao:

Thankyou for reading my short novel and hope you all enjoy :coffee:

HOLDEN
    :http://www.mediafire.com/file/a4ax7thbcads944/holden_commodore_ve_v8sc V1.0.zip

FORD:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/0i4j5iudjqmi7z6/ford_falcon_fg_v8sc V1.0.zip
    Anon666, KoAStR, Peter Wise and 4 others like this.
  11. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Christmas came a few days early :)
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  12. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    Will give these a go next chance I get. Between Christmas, kids and baking cakeso_O time is scarce
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  13. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    just got a quick chance to get behind the wheel something is wrong the cars are not what i had last driven force feedback feels off and steering is floaty they are driveable still but far from what I had would say I made a mistake somewhere when I was lowering the aero my bad but will get a patch out in January

also apologise for the strong ffb i had been adjusting it not realising mine in menu was 80% so if you use 100 it will be too strong when you first hop in sorry about the mistake guy's but I hope you all enjoy the cars as is till I can get patch out :thumbsup:

Just got to excited and ahead of myself trying to get them out didn't even test final version on wheel tested on pad because i was doing visuals then last minute dropped 40% of aero off around low-mid speed maybe raising aero in setup can save it for now :roflmao:
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  14. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Epic tovey indeed xmas has come early... just a pity I won't get a chance to try it out until the new year but looking forward to it.
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  15. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Due to a very understanding mrs I got another bit off track time and have made a setup that should tide the cars over till i can fix the aero and floatiness of the steering if anyone wants to have a shot at the steering in the car.ini file change these
    FFMULT=1.520 the strength of ffb
    STEER_ASSIST=0.720 higher adds a fake power steering
    STEER_LOCK=270 ; Real car's steer lock from center to right obvious so 540 deg full
    STEER_RATIO=18.5 ; Steer ratio another obvious one
    LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.0034 <---- this is the culprit up less twitchy more float down more twitch more direct

and the setup for both cars tuned for imola
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/175p6fbmq596dje/AI_default.ini :thumbsup:

have A merry Christmas guy's stay safe and see ya's all next year :coffee:
    loris P. and Spidey_11 like this.
  16. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Project is still going was hunting down more data trying to find travel rates and general suspension length's
    also the problem of no aero data as the car sit's with the build I have it run's tracks with no problems but that right there is the problem it's too good you could miss your brake mark and still make the corner due to the aero and with the suspension travel I have set you just can't upset the car at all from bumps it just eats it up like it wasn't there..

So long story short came across this official book of the 2006 V8's that is meant to have unbelievable amounts of information about the cars and their setups even on track motec data which would be real handy so pretty much just sitting around till the book shows up :thumbsup:

the book if anyone is interested in having a look https://www.computeroutpost.com.au/item/ep-v8174/

$14 off ebay free postage :coffee: