Gran Turismo 7 Season 5(0) Division 1B

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    @findthelimit
    Can we get your PSN id so that we can include you in our races?
  2. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 1 results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield and leeboy910 like this.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    3 seconds of the pace, only 33 seconds behind at the flag, pleased with my effort.
    Matthyus, Cameron Neame and leeboy910 like this.
  4. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Well, mixed bag tonight.
    Couple of punts and off road trips meant I was facing a nigh on impossible job to claw my way back.
    But there was a silver lining, I had pace snagging 5th in qual.
    There is only up from here.
    incey, emmo46 and leeboy910 like this.
  5. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Hi all,

First of all I'd just like to thank you for your patience in the lead up to this round. I've publicly played with massive amounts of BOP and event management before but never to this level of strategy and wear rates before so I've been very greatful of the feedback that i've received from everyone thus far!

The decision to move the season focus from door to door racing for 45 minutes to that of strategy was not an easy one, but one that was considered amongst many drivers of different skill level before it was decided the league as a whole would benefit, I think that decision speaks for itself tonight having seen so many different strategies at play in each division and EVERY single tire option being used. General feedback points to the tire wear levels being optimum for bringing multiple different strategies into play, however sub-par for driving enjoyment which ultimately is what we're after, it's why we go racing!

Keeping this in mind, we will adjust to 4x Tire Wear Rate for N24 Round 2 onwards. This rate will be monitored closely at each round as previously mentioned and adjusted if we see fit. There has also been a change to TOD for Round 2 which has been reflected in the OP as well as multiple additions to the room settings section to provide clarity for those wishing to pracitce, as well as the Room Hosts whom have been a little neglected thus far.

On another note, Apologies for the lack of Drivers Briefing this weekend, and thank you to @CaptainRisky21 who picked up my slack and got it done.

Finally, I am still open to ANY and ALL Feedback surrounding the season and how we are going about things! I'm very excited by the numbers we've had sign up this season and I want to do everything I can to hold onto those as well as entice new faces into the fold, if you think there is anything we're missing, whether it be how the Drivers Briefing is set out, lack of involvement, no streaming, etc, Please let me know!!

Enjoy the week break all,
    Viper
    Cameron Neame and Matthyus like this.
  6. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    @Viperzed hey mate I think you were spot on with the strategy game. It was awesome to see so many different strategies and everyone pitting on different laps to try make it work. I wouldn't change a thing.
  7. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    I had a awesome race last night with some close racing between @xlxy90 the only difference was the strategy and if he was on the same one it would have come down to the line. Can't wait for next week
    Steve Neilson, xlxy90 and incey like this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Interesting night for me.
    Struggled with pace, but happy with the end result.
    Not happy with my mistakes affecting other drivers, apologies @Matthyus and others for my taps, (all redressed of course).
    Happy to get through a 1 stop using Mediums even when the front left reduced to completely red worn by the pitstop
    incey, leeboy910 and Matthyus like this.
  9. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I thought the 5x tyre wear was spot on. I'd say every driver was managing tyres for at least some portion of the race.
    I managed to make half distance on mediums (with the left front being full red by the time I stopped) but my race time was pretty slow, having looked at the other divs.
    I had a moment on the first lap at turn 2 when the car in front braked earlier than I anticipated, and I ended up in the gravel after taking avoiding action. Dead last at that point, but I got a few positions back with strategy. I would probably have tried something different if I had my time over. The RS-RM-RS looked like a good one to use.
    Onto the next one!
    incey and groover33 like this.
  10. Ian Cannan

Ian Cannan Team Driver

PSN ID
    Whizz94
    Like @Hatfield, I had an interesting night. My qualifying pace was not good, 11th from memory. I chose the RM,RM strategy which seemed like a good idea at the time. Unlike @Hatfield, I had quite an uneventful race. All was looking good until lap 22, where I slowly dropped down the field from 3rd to 5th. All I can say is that I do not think I could have done better on the strategy.

The learning is that I need to do a bit more practice to understand how the tires work.
    incey and T-GT_Racing like this.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had an uneventful race, I did a little testing for tyre wear and settled on an RM/RM one stop strategy, I was able to do 12 laps with some tyre left and could do the 24 laps on a tank of fuel. A little disheartened after a PB in qually to find my self last on the grid 2.3 seconds from pole and over a second behind the 2nd last qualifier. I was expecting to be left for dead but surprisingly was able to keep a group ahead of me in sight as they fought each other for position. I even got close enough at one stage to be almost considered part of the battle.
    Once they sorted themselves out though they pulled a way from me. I managed to get up the 8th just before my stop but was back to 2nd last after that. A couple of guys had dramas so I was able to come home in 10th place, three places ahead of where I started.
    Looking at my times compared to the other divisions I need to find some pace. I suspect my current hearing problem is affecting my ultimate pace.
    incey likes this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I hope your hearing is not affecting you negatively emotionally. I know how bad I feel when my back affects my ability to do other things.
    Good luck with it @emmo46
    Last edited: May 8, 2023
    emmo46 and T-GT_Racing like this.
  13. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I'm sure you meant "is not"
    emmo46 likes this.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I did, thanks. Fixed now
    incey and emmo46 like this.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Your hope is rewarded, it has taken the spring out of my step. I'm curious about what activity your bad back restricts ;)
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    honestly when my back is bad, I can't do anything and it is super depressing, but every time there is always a way out and better days in the future to look forward to
    T F Eccles, incey and emmo46 like this.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I am really looking forward to the wadding being removed. I have found putting my socks on the most painful thing when my back is at it's worst.
  18. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    no bedtime stories for you tonight hahahaha
  19. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    yeah, both yourself and @Cameron Neame pulled a swifty on the strategy. @Noremac and myself were kinda puzzled when we thought we had the best tyre call, only to be swamped when it was time for us to both pit. @Ian Cannan got the elbows our there nice and late, your tyres must have hit the cliff as I'm pretty sure I passed somewhere you wouldn't expect an overtake!
    groover33, Noremac and Ian Cannan like this.
  20. Stew Wilson

Stew Wilson Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Stew_Wilson72
    Sorry, but I'm out this Sunday, the wifey bought tickets to Strassman, Chuck Wood and Ted E. Bare !!
    Hatfield and Matthyus like this.