PS4 PCARS Season 2 Expressions of interest

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Ad2mny, Oct 12, 2015.

1. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    In the interest of fairness to all due to tuning being allowed, I think we should consider scrapping the the teams championship for this series, so we don't have the situation of one team with gun tuners on board only making their tunes available to their own team and not the rest of the field, and don't say it wouldn't happen, because it definitely would and only cause more :):):):)fights and resentment than there is already, this is what happens when you allow tuning, if driver A finds the perfect tune and is winning races consistently he is NOT going to pass it on to driver B who may be slightly slower but may be still threatening for a championship,
    Be honest, this is exactly what will happen, I agree with the theory that a solution was found and the guys that wanted tuning just didn't want to try/use it so they could get their own way, I'd bet if it was made a non-tune series they would have been able to fix the problem pretty quickly as the rest of us already had.
    As far as strategy and pit stops are concerned, that reasoning is total bull:):):):), yes it is a good thing and creates the need for a bit of thought, but in the past series were run in the Sunday league without pit stops due to their being problems/glitches with pitting in with GT5 or 6 (I can't remember which) so what the difference here, nothing at all. We can still run without pit stops,
    I think we have lost sight of what the Sunday league is supposed to be, if you wanted to jump on once a week with your friends and be reasonably competitive without hours and hours of practice and tuning then the Sunday league was the go, if you wanted full on tuning and whatever else then there was usually a mid week series for that.
    I will go with whatever is decided by the mods, but I think we are making a mistake.
    emuegg11, SuiCid3 and TheJuzzy like this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    have Pmed mate talking about same.

If i can get the guys above in a room, we will finalize once and for all.

My fear is that i may have made a call on it before being fully informed. i have 3 mods, and a couple from either camp (tune - non tune) who can hopefully help to put this to bed in the interests of the league.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    See my PM cob
  4. Flukyluke99

Flukyluke99 Rookie

PSN ID
    Flukyluke99
    That escalated quickly...
    seth123, autech91 and TheJuzzy like this.
  5. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    I wanted tuning but I haven't had the issue and having driven the car had no issue. I think your reaching making claims that some people who wanted tuning couldn't be bothered to press triangle, square, square. I read the patch notes and could find nothing regarding fixes to fuel. It's pretty ridiculous that we were told to wait for the patch for a decision which obviously hasn't fixed the issue for some people. We then have the decision made only to be told to wait again due to some form conspiracy raised by people who make calls based of rumour.
    emuegg11 and TheJuzzy like this.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i made the call yesterday without having all the info in front of me....my fault so am happy to be called ridiculous ! Some other stuff has been highlighted to me that i was unaware of. Discussing out the back
    emuegg11 likes this.
  7. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    I'm not fussed guys I'll race ether way ,but to the guy's who say there they are pulling out , that's a bad decision coz every lap you don't do on this game equals less time in the drivers seat .
    There is a lot of help here with ROOZ and you only have to ask to get help with anything . If people miss a season coz they want non tune they'll be at disadvantage for the next season because nothing beats race time ,you learn so much in a long race .
    Plus changing the suspension in these cars does slow them down how ever changing fuel diff and steering can give you half a second .
    I'm happy to help as are a few other's , so stick around and learn what this racing sim has to offer , you'll be better off for it .
  8. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    I'd be happy to lend a hand tomorrow @stucar17
    TheJuzzy and stucar17 like this.
  9. cowdoesfly

cowdoesfly Rookie

PSN ID
    cowdoesfly
    I'll be online 7pm Aedst if anyones interested for some races in the Merc like or reply to this.(BTW if there is no likes or replies I won't go online and I understand it's Australia but if you're not doing anything have a race)
    SuiCid3, v8power383 and TheJuzzy like this.
  10. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Just my 2 cents TUNING or NO TUNING if you don't practice you want do well it's as simple as that I know this from 4 seasons of racing if I put the time in to practice I finish in the top half of the field but when I've had no time to practice if finished in the back half of the field racing the same people in the same cars I think it's just a case of if some people don't win they won't play but at the end of the day someone has to come last.
    But @stucar17 I you need more people for testing P.M. Me
    stucar17, JonoStan96 and TheJuzzy like this.
  11. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    @stucar17 If you like I can show up and give and un bias opinion as to whether or not this works, as I am not taking part in the upcoming Pcars season but have the game and currently get the glitch of only having somewhere between 14-25lts of fuel when hitting the track. I have yet to try Cob's 'solution'(for lack of a better word) so can say if it works, not caring which way or the other. Flick me a PSN message any time incase I forget as I have the app on my phone and will get a notification.
    stucar17 likes this.
  12. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    I can see I have a lot of catching up to do, having been dormant for 6 weeks as far as gaming is concerned.... Can you chalk me in for PCars, @stucar17 ? Will work on getting division qually stuff to you this week..... Sorry for being a bit tardy with it all.
    stucar17 likes this.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    no worries mate.....have a couple of spots in div 4, get me a time if you can and will adjust if needed....will slot you in there at this stage
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    After all the work I put into Teams Championship you want to just can it? I give people more credit than that.
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  15. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    There work wouldn't be lost. Could just be saved up for next season.
  16. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Teams championship works for a tuning series and is likely a lot of work to set up (I ran a mixed car make series back in the day of GT5 and know how hard it can be, no tuning. Ur difficult to align different cars nonetheless). Then some people who aren't lucky enough to get picked up in a 'team' are potentially out of contention (especially if they can't tune) because, let's face it, tuning can stretch quite a few tenths out of a standard tune. And tunes, although they may be shared, won't neccessrily suit another players driving style or ability. They don't have time to learns to tune, let alone do many, many laps in practice refining the tune or a track. This is where the no-tune system helps. Even with minimal practice on a track a driver can still be competitive if their car is equal to another persons, if they know how to drive.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Dont understand this whole tune/non tune fiasco.
    My 2 cents is that if you dont have time to tune find a setup from google I found this website with plenty of setups for the 190e: http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar
    Obviously if the tune doesnt work for you move to another one or just alter one that you found.... It's what I have done in tuning series on ROOZ and other leagues where I didn't have time to make a setup
    stucar17, SuiCid3, seth123 and 3 others like this.
  18. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    In a nutshell it's about leveling a playing field. Everyone is in the same machine, same settings, driving skill and concentration making the only difference.
  19. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

But if i put in 15 hours of practice throughout the week and you don't put in any are we truly still on a level playing field
  20. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    check mate
    TheJuzzy likes this.