PS4 PCARS Season 2 Expressions of interest

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Ad2mny, Oct 12, 2015.

1. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    If you read my posts out the back you would see why I don't need to answer that I don't like having to repeat myself.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Everyone will be in a team unless they opt out
  3. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Ok gent's , I'm going to take both feet out of my mouth and eat my word's .
    We did some thorough testing tonight with @stucar17 and a few of the other mod's and found that in a default room you get default setting's , the only thing that plays up is fuel , but we fixed that too . buy the I left we had a lot of it sorted ,How ever the guy are still working on this as I type this .
    I'll let the modders post there finding's but all I can say is it was a very productive night .
    So sorry for my misjudgement gent's I've made sure I put my hand up on that one .
  4. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    Probably about right, regardless of what time I get you. Unless no practice equates to faster times....
    stucar17 likes this.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Am going to clean this thread up tomorrow lads. Some of the posts are way off topic and unnecessary

Given the good amount of testing a whole heap of us did last night, can we please keep this on topic and work our way through the issues. As juzzy said above, some things to report, no decision has been made, we agreed as a group to do some more testing tomorrow night to try to sort out.
  6. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I should be able to make it on tonight and look forward to catching up on things :)
    stucar17 likes this.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys.....again apologies for this, but last night was very constructive....below is what we found, a little reading but is pretty clear.....WE ARE YET TO COME UP WITH AN ANSWER...but will be testing tonight again with some of the things we found...

Thanks to the guys who helped last night, i think we all learnt a lot which was the goal in trying to get things finalised

1. There is no decision 1 way or the other...at this stage i have an open mind, and with so much to go through it will still be a couple of days. It was agreed to test again tonight over a race distance to cover what we learnt last night, and get our heads around what will and wont work, Simply establishing the facts

2. With the default set up selected for the lobby it means the car is run in default where all cars are the same (will get to fuel in a minute). We tested this with the help of Cob, and confirmed his earlier finding....We all screwed our car settings and opened a TUNE lobby. We all checked that our setting remained screwed (some did transmission / suspension / brakes) and we went to track. Yes the cars were rubbish so confirmed.....We then opened a new room with tuning set to OFF, and confirmed our settings were still messed up. We all went to track and the cars behaved as they should with default settings. Speeds were back to normal, handling was back to normal. We then jumped out and checked our settings in the garage and all had remained at the messed up settings....
    CONCLUSION was unanimous that DEFAULT room settings means the car is default and all the same across the grid.....

3. PITSTOPS - we set some short races to 7x wear and was found that even on default settings once the tires get worn to a certain level then the tires will be replaced when you pit. The level of wear, and when they got replaced did seem a little random however, we didnt find a conclusive level where they definately got changed however (giant seems to think its 7%). What i did find however, when i pitted, and the tires werent changed, when i returned to track the tire level was at the lowest level of my most worn tire. Was also suggested that the tire wear icon on screen only represents 50% of your tire wear, IE when you have no green left on screen in your tires, you have 50% left.....Not sure why they would do this but apparently thats what it is !

4. FUEL - TB came into the room as he has been having the fuel issue....came to track and sure enough had the wrong amount....left and saved 90l, saved to all tracks (all setup and all tracks) and sure enough was ok for the rest of the testing. Was agreed that the fuel isn't a "glitch" as such, but is dependent on drivers having to save the fuel amount (90l) to all tracks.

5. Wet Tires for wet round: We didnt get to test as was getting late, but highlighted by GIant and ragoo there may be an issue there.....will try to test tonight....

We have agreed to test tonight over some race distances to see what works....

Positives for non tune :
    - The fact it was found that all cars are the same
    - The fact that people can pit for tires if they get down to low
    - we can add in a compulsary pit stop to add some strategy if needed
    - we can add in the amount of tire wear to make this work a little better. I noticed that tires wear can be adjusted up to 7x however fuel cant.
    Negatives
    - Drivers could exploit the 90L and come in with less giving then a possible advantage, however run the risk of not having enough to get to the end of the race. Giant was going to test to see if fuel was added if a driver ran out in a pit stop....yet to determined.
    - the enduro : Put simply, in an hour and a half 90L wont get it done ! It could be worked around however, by turning fuel wear OFF and perhaps upping tire wear to 3x to bring in an anduro strategy
    - The fuel issue where drivers would have to use an honor system and have the agreed amount of fuel, 90l seems to be the agreed amount ( i assume this is a full tank for the merc ?).

Positives for TUNE-ON
    - this takes away the fuel issue, see above in negatives !
    - opens up all strategy options, and can be tweaked using the tire wear options
    - opens up all tracks for all cars through gearbox and tuning options.

Negatives
    - The fact that with tuning on people are discouraged by feeling like they wont get the time to set up to be competitive.
    - People dont feel like its a level playing field.
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    man, seems like you guys are doing ridiculous amounts of testing to nut out all these issues. kudos to the guys doing it. not an easy task id imagine.
    Flukyluke99 and TheJuzzy like this.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, no matter what we decide some people wont like it, but at least we can make a decision that at least people can understand
    Flukyluke99, TheJuzzy and beakeroo like this.
  10. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

TheJuzzy and stucar17 like this.
  11. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    can never please everyone mate. seems you and the mods are doing all you can.
    beakeroo likes this.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    we had 9 last night and split the party chat etc....welcome to join....i will be at about 9pm again syd time....some of the others may be on a little earlier
  13. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I'll hop on too, just for a general drive
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  14. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    @stucar17 Have a look through the patch notes, somewhere between 2.0 and 7.0 they changed the percentage the tires need to be before they get changed in pits, I'm pretty sure its about 20-25%.
    beakeroo likes this.
  15. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    what happens if you just turn fuel off in a non tune lobby ? I wonder if that sets it the same for all
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Cob has tested that today and found the following...

"What I can confirm is that yes the onscreen tyre indicator only shows the top 50% of the overall tyre wear, I did this comparing it to the wear percentage on pcars dash.
    The onscreen display had one tyre showing just below half wear gone while the pcars dash displayed the same tyre at 73%, all other tyres were ok and above 80%, the tyres hung on well with the Real setting so I waited until that tyre was below 75% (as someone said last night that was the minimum usage required before the tyres would be changed) on lap 23 and pitted, and new rubber was put on, which was a relief and possibly confirmed that tyres will only be changed after one tyre on the onscreen tyre display drops below half or pcars dash displays one tyre has less than 75% left."
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    very good point....will test that tonight
  18. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

The answer is simple. Those that have changed anything in the cars setup even if they change it back or hit triangle to revert back to default setup will be stuck with 90 litres for the whole race. Those who haven't will be given an amount substantially less than 90 but i'm unsure if this will be any different to the initial amount if it were set to real.
  19. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Spiderman, spiderman, does whatever a spiderman is told, will he race, yes he will, da-da here comes the spiderman!
  20. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I actually sang that in my head