AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Mael

Mael Professional

Easy to drive slow but while racing someone at the limit its a bit different.
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  2. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Maserati 250f v12 + Modena + h pattern shifter = power oversteer greatness. Never had so much fun in a game. Feels like one big powercruise session.
    Sam D Blacklock, KoAStR and Anon666 like this.
  3. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    For those who don't yet have the DLC here's a couple of first drive video's I whipped up quickly - SF-15T video still to come

4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I know how to 'fix' that f1 style HUD app if you would prefer the brake indicator to show modulation instead of just on/off.
    The_Spectre likes this.
  5. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    How do you do that?
  6. zampli

zampli Team Driver

guess we'll have to try it one night then?
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    Anon666 likes this.
  8. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Praga R1 Coming to Assetto Corsa
    [​IMG]

For the past several weeks the team at Kunos Simulazioni have been riding a hot streak; the news just keeps coming without an end in sight. With Assetto Corsa’s console release imminent, it appears the team are full steam ahead leading up to its launch.

Coming hot off the heels of Marco Massarutto teasing the Porsche 935/78 that will be included in the upcoming Porsche DLC set to release this autumn, the Executive and Licensing Manager at Kunos is back to pull the veil off of another car that will make way to the game. Albeit a lesser-known sportscar from the Czech Republic, the Praga R1.

An out-and-out track weapon, the Praga R1 is powered by a Renault Formula-sourced engine making 210 horsepower. While 210 horses may sound like a paltry amount, the R1 weighs in at 592kg (1305lbs) and can rocket itself to 60 in less than 3 seconds, and onto a top speed of more than 160 mph.

While a release date has yet to be announced, it stands to reason that the Praga R1 will still be released alongside the likes of the Ferrari 488 GTB, FXX K, and the Audi A1 S1 when the game releases onto consoles in a little over one month’s time, as was the intention (scroll down to the last paragraph) when the game was originally slated for release last month.

Remember to stop by our Assetto Corsa sub-forum for more discussion and in-depth analysis.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  9. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    SF-15T first drive on the Red Bull Ring

Video now with @KoAStR F1 HUD brake display fix

Sam D Blacklock, Mael and KoAStR like this.
  10. Mael

Mael Professional

Had some races on public servers and its great fun! But keeping track of KERS, DRS while steering, braking and gear changes makes for a lot of work :D
  11. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

If you have tried any of the f1s in automobilista or gsce these two are a complete doddle to drive in comparison
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I drove the GSC 2012 F1s and thought they were pretty easy once you got a feel for the loud pedal. Been a while but didn't think the AC cars were significantly less challenging when you are trying to drive at pace. Both were pretty easy for scoping lap pace.
  13. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

yeah but your a freak so it dosen't count :D
  14. zampli

zampli Team Driver

its cool having all the mgu controls though i have no idea in what capacity to use them.
    also, using dash cam for the f1s, i dont know how much kers i have for the 2013f1, is there any app or something else to tell me how much i have left? ive literally just been guessing how much ive used during the lap.

does anyone remotely know there way around the mgu controls for the 2015f1? ive already got a guide that i intent to check up on, just interested if anyone here knows what theyre doing in respect to those.
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Have a read in the AC forums it explains the MGU quite well.
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...errari-sf15-t-power-unit-driving-advice.34454

The Race Essentials app has a KERS bar and displays a number percentage.
    http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/raceessentials.10016/
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    zampli likes this.
  16. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    @zampli updated post above with some links.

Also had an idea for those on G25/27, particularly G25 and wanting more buttons....
    I had look left/right mapped to the wheel. On the G25 that's all the buttons you get and I remapped them to DRS and KERS.

Since AC doesn't recognize the POV hat I assigned it keystrokes in the Logitech profiler, so now have look left/right, behind, horn, lights and flashing all on the POV... except it still doesn't work :( any ideas?
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  17. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
  18. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Assetto Corsa to Have 3 Porsche Packs: 24 Cars Total, First Pack Expected Late September
    August 1st, 2016 by Michael Leary
    [​IMG]

When the team at Kunos Simulazioni originally announced that the Stuttgart manufacturer would be coming to Assetto Corsa later this year, it was a bombshell reveal no one expected. The partnership would result in 20 of the most iconic machines manufactured by the brand across 2 individual DLC packs. As it stands, things have taken a turn for the better.

In the Summer Special episode of Kunos’ developer stream, Look What the Cat Hacked In, Marco Massarutto, Executive and Licensing Manager at Kunos, revealed that the expansion will now include 24 cars and will result in 3 DLC packs. To sweeten the pot, 3 of the 24 prospective cars will be introduced to the game courtesy of a free update.

Of the 24 cars, 4 have already been revealed last month: the 935/78 ‘Moby Dick’, 911 Carrera RSR 3.0, 917/30, and the Panamera. Two more can be added to that list with Marco confirming that the 2015 and 2016 Le Mans-winning 919 Hybrid will also be included in the expansion.

Accompanying the original announcement were some interesting words on the part of Massarutto. “This Fall, Assetto Corsa will be the only multi-platform title to have the Porsche brand in a genuine racing simulation,” he continued, “We are working closely with Porsche with the aim to reproduce each single model with the maximum accuracy.”

The comment quickly caused a stir, but we now know that all driver-selectable features will be reproduced in-game, making the Porsches some of the most unique cars among the game’s growing roster. If that sounds familiar, then you’re likely thinking of the Ferrari SF15-T that was included in the Red Pack, and its myriad drive modes and systems.

While pricing for the 3 packs have yet to surface, Marco also revealed that there will be a Season Pass — a first for the game — that will discount the price of the DLC. The first pack is expected to release in late September and will be available on all platforms.

There are just a few weeks remaining until console racers can experience the game for themselves. Remember to stop by our Assetto Corsa sub-forum for more discussion and in-depth analysis.
    Mael, KoAStR and COME_AND_GET_ME7 like this.
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I love the variety of era's and disciplines Kunos consistently delivers. Not to mention regularly boosting the free base content amongst the myriad of DLC. Even the red pack being a bit more than other DLC absolutely kills iRacing where you get one piece of race car only content for the same $$ and still have to pay a yearly sub.
    Peter Wise and Driftoz like this.
  20. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

was bored so done a quick drift vid nothign special
    Cherno likes this.