Division 4 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I can't seem to type Gentleman Jim's psn id properly can you please send me one m8 before Sunday?
  2. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Preferably at least 24 hrs before hand!!!!!:)
  3. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    1 more sleep then my first real on line race ! Hope I get back in time .my boy is racing his kart Sunday
    DekGT5mad and stucar17 like this.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I believe it's "Kiwi driver" for his psn
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  5. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I have him now.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  6. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Ad, can you confirm the spelling you used for kiwi drivers PSN and I will update the list on page 5 of this thread?
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  7. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yep it's K1W1-DRIVER
    DekGT5mad and DoogleDave like this.
  8. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Cheers Ad, list is now updated :)
    DekGT5mad and stucar17 like this.
  9. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Won't be able to make the race tonight, have fun.
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    The new season starts tonight, I wish you all luck and all the best for a successful season!

Cheers, Jono

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing is important to men who do it well. When you're racing...it's life. Anything that happened before or after, it's just waiting." -Steve McQueen
    Ad2mny, Kart-No-1, DekGT5mad and 2 others like this.
  11. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Ahh bloody lag. Sorry Molch. Qualified 3rd. Got away well and into 2nd then 1st by lap 2. I was straight into the mid 28's Which was a real surprise. Lap 3 came unstuck a little at the first left hander running a little wide, then again at the GT corner where the hairpin usually is, ended up fishtail ing and spinning off. You can never find reverse when you need it. Rejoined behind Kart and put my head down. Took a few laps to catch and pass, then saw the huge gap to emmo and Dbn and was resigned to finishing there. emmo had a spin and I gobbled up his spot. Then Dbn pitted and I thought why did you do that? Haze pitted then and by my list I was in 3rd so I settled down and tried to keep a steady rhythm. I'd dropped to high 28's to mid 29's then finally 30's near the end with my front tyres at 5/6 and rears both 8. emmo was really breathing down my neck second last lap but he had a little slide coming onto the straight which lost him an all important slipstream and possibly my position.

Thought I got a podium then I hear Doogle was first which put me 4th and maybe turbo in 4th too which makes me 5th. Will have to wait to see results from someone who saw everyone.

Good race overall though, and once again apologies for my lag didn't even see it happen was so fixated with my high position and not spinning out.
    gentlemen jim, DekGT5mad and Molch like this.
  12. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
  13. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Well race 1 of season 2 was a very exciting but uneventful race for me. A little disappointed with my qualifying time (even though it still gave me pole position), I was hoping to get into the 27's like I had in practice during the week but it was not to be.
    Again my launch off the line let me down and I think I was third by the time we hit the first turn. I concentrated on just getting through the first turn unscathed and upon exit saw Kiwi and Molch just ahead of me. Kiwi was an unknown quantity to me and I knew that Molch's pace has really picked up so I knew if I didn't get in front very early I would have a hard battle to contend with as the tyres started to go.

I used the first lap to get into the groove again and thought patience would eventually prevail. Within a lap or so I found my way to the front and once I saw clear track ahead I put my head down and powered on through the circuit trying to make as much lead as possible. Early on I started to see my lead continue to extend slowly and I knew eventually Molch (and possibly Kiwi) would get their game on and start catching me, so I tried to put as much distance between us as I could.

I had my lead up to just over 8 seconds after perhaps 10 laps or so but I knew any small error and that would dwindle away very quickly, so I focussed on keeping the car feeling stable but pushed it where I knew I could push it. Molch then started stripping time away and after seeing it get back to just over 6 seconds I knew the charge behind was on. I put in a couple of low-mid 28's which I knew would help my cause and eventually saw the gap start to open up again. Assuming Molch had tried to push too hard and almost come undone I figured as long as I could keep my pace high I would force the guys behind me to push very hard to catch me.

With about 5 laps to go I saw me lead extend to just over 10 seconds and from that point I knew everyone's tyres were starting to hurt as much as mine, if not more. I made sure I hit my markers and held my line around the track and even gave myself a little fist pump as I exited the final turn on the last lap, when I knew the race was won.

I think this was the most consistant race I have driven to date and although I haven't looked back at my lap times yet I'm pretty sure they were very consistant - and in the 32 laps I did not have one error where the car felt out of control (or worse) - which in the Macca is an achievement in itself!

Now to look forward to Laguna Seca. Another track that can chew you up and spit you out if you're not careful :)
  14. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    No Worries Ad2mny I dont even really have any expectations to what should be done from a lag punt because it kinda out of everyones hands.

Like Doogle I was a little disappointed with my quali time haven gotten a low 28 but not good enough to get into the 27's which would of bagged a pole position but still pretty happy with a second place start on the grid. Also like Doogle I had a pretty poor start and found myself shuffling for 2/3/4 into the first corner. Tried to keep my cool and came out behind Kiwi into the first lap.

By the end of lap 1 I was following Ad/Doogle/Kiwi down the straight purposely trying not to stay too close to Admny. Into the first corner and Bam I got Lag punted badly. Damage to the front left side of the car or engine and pushed to the back of the pack. Dont know ho many seconds behind yet but Ill have a look tonight.

Then spent the next 7 to 10 laps racing through the pack. Spent the first couple of laps behind Emmo and then found some extra pace and grove and was able to quickly move through the pack and into 2nd. I think just around lap 12 is where I did the one high 27 so was happy with that time and hoping I could keep it up.

With Doogle way way out in front and Hazeone and Kiwi not too far behind I decided to push hard and see if I could make a gap between me and the guys behind and try and catch Doogle.

The plan worked and I found myself about 6-7 seconds behind Doogle for many laps with the Gap behind me getting bigger. I just kept pushing hoping Doogle woud have a slip up.

The slip up enver came and I started to slid off the track and make some silly mistakes which saw Doogle open the gap out to 10 seconds. At this point there was no way I could catch Doogle so settled in and just concentrated on making consistent laps. Was still doing mid 29's on the last lap so was very happy with that.

Thanks for the great race and looking forward to next weeks with the shorter track.
  15. gentlemen jim

gentlemen jim Rookie

Congratulations to DoogleDave and Molch, a good race win and second. Well done to the other driver who shown up. I was very pleased with my effort. A great start from the second grid caught the boys in front napping and was able to lead into the first corner. Kept the faster guys behind for the first lap but had to yield to the pressure from behind and to race my own race, driving within my own limitations. A good chase against Hase for many laps only seconds apart (That dam weak slipstream) I couldn't quite catch him up until he made a braking mistake at the end of the straight which aloud me to get by and into forth, steady as its goes. Turbo has a mishap and now I'm in third, Dave and Molch comfortably in front, no pressure from behind, I settled down to finishing the race hoping greedily that the front runners would have to pit ( in my dreams only as it turned out) A good start into Div 4, hope I can do as well next race. Thanks everyone.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  17. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    Hey Dek was a shame you could not finish, having to stop racing halfway though. Hope everything's ok.
  18. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    Darko you going to be in the mix next week I hope too???
  19. SerenityInSpeed

SerenityInSpeed Rookie

PSN ID
    HazeOne68
    A decent return to action, apart from the decision to pit on lap 22. I should have had more faith in my tyres.
    I didn't get off the line brilliantly, and lost a couple places fighting around the first corner. I was able to keep lapping steadily though, and found myself in 3rd/4th after a few laps. I scrapped with m00n for a while. We took turns passing each other for a few laps. Then it was the turn of Gentleman Jim. He kept me honest, until i out-braked myself at turn 1. That was a scrappy lap, and i, for some reason, decided to pit. Bad call!
    I managed to get back up to eighth but the damage had already been done.
    A satisfying race in that i truly despise the Fuji circuit, but i was still able to show some pace and consistency. I can't wait for Laguna. Another of my fave circuits, NOT!:eek:
    gentlemen jim likes this.
  20. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Well I'm a little pissed at my internet provider slow speed and drop outs missed the race 0 points . My wife rang our provider today and had a chat about upload and down load speed and I'm sure there shouldn't be an issue from now on , fingers crossed....well done to every one in div 4 for some good clean racing what I could see ..