Car poll for season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 20, 2014.

?

What car would you like for season 2?

Poll closed Apr 3, 2014.
  1. Nissan GTR Black Edition '12 (As used in GT Academy)

13 vote(s)
    22.4%
  2. Ferrari 458 Italia

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
  3. Mclaren F1 GTR race car base model

24 vote(s)
    41.4%
  4. Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 '11

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  5. 2011 BMW GT2 M3 Base Model

14 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. zampli

zampli Team Driver

I assumed most used it on 1, never failed on that.
    Crunch likes this.
  2. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    LOL, love it Fertro - Australian ingenuity at its very best! :)
    Hopefully the extra weight of those pavers isn't throwing out the balance of the McLaren....no wonder you're having trouble :p
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  3. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Yeah. How come I can brake 100% on any car with 1? I've never worked out what stronger ABS does... If you lock up on 100% without ABS, make your brakes weaker. You always should hit 100% then ease off progressively on any corner - when downforce is high. I thought everyone in Div1 uses 1, because I seem to remember checking on the Member list screen(?).

That paver table is SO awesome....
  4. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    The strength is more to do with braking whilst cornering.
    When braking in a straight line, wheels on both sides of the car are travelling at the same speed, so ABS works effectively at any level.
    When braking whilst turning, the inside wheels will be spinning slower than the outside wheels. A stronger ABS effect will devote more of its force towards cornering grip rather than braking (effectively this means the car will brake with differing amounts of power on the inside wheels to the outside wheels, with the stronger the setting, the stronger the braking on the inside wheels meaning the car will turn a bit better).
    Whether this actually translates in game is another thing, I've tried all sorts of things and ABS 1 feels identical to ABS 5 or 10. I've never really been one for braking during cornering though, try and get most of the braking done in a straight line.
    Crunch likes this.
  5. BERNSY001

BERNSY001 Rookie

PSN ID
    BERNSY001
    Regretting my vote for the Merc seeing as it isn't going to get up :( The McLaren I can see causing a few incidents with it's massive pace jump from the BRZ. I want the BMW to win :p
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  6. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Cheers. I love trail-braking personally, because having that control and finesse mastered sets you apart from other racers in terms of lap times. ABS 0 makes locking up just ridiculous. No car should lock up on 100% brakes immediately, only when that braking is sustained for too long.

Bringing the topic back to the cars and votes, as a purist, I don't like the premise of changing votes just because a single car doesn't have enough. The vote is originally blind: you don't see how many votes there are on a particular option for a reason. In the interests of fairness, how about having a second poll with the top two cars going head-to-head? It would be a bit fairer. That's why the Australian voting system works on a preferential system; otherwise third-party votes ARE a waste. Let the people who like the Ferrari re-vote for one of the top-two (which could include either the BMW or the Nissan at this point).
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  7. BERNSY001

BERNSY001 Rookie

PSN ID
    BERNSY001
    Yeah that's what we did for S1 so I'd presume the same would happen again. I wasn't asking for my vote to be changed, I was just saying I regret voting for the Merc! :p
  8. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Perfectly put Lee,i'd been trying to think how to explain it in understandable terms.:confused: I find it does translate to the game,it's not that noticeable when you're driving at low speeds in low PP cars,but really shows when at high speed & in extremely high PP cars when you're dicing hard & for a long time,or especially if you get a bit too excited and really stomp on the brake.If you use the handbrake at all,I have found it does temper it a fraction,making it a bit more user friendly!!:)
    It also shows up in replays. Where you would see a continuous line from a brake lock up,you see a broken one with each section getting shorter. Try it in a Red Bull X car at Monza w/chicanes,with the ABS first on 1.Do a 10 lap run so you get the tyres warm and you in the flow,record the replay,then do the same with the ABS on 10. Watch both replays from the looking backwards view and you'll be able to see the difference in the marks on track.;)In GT5 you could just look at the data from both at the same time & scroll along.It dead set stood out like a 7ft basketball player in a room of dwarfs,:plol,it was that obvious,but once again they took a perfectly functioning feature and dumped it!:mad::confused:
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    We might even do that crunch. Depending on the time we have Available.

I drove both mclaren and BMW last night with rotors and damage, I have to say the BMW felt a lot like the subi, marginally faster but still very easy to drive.

The mclaren felt great once I got used to the earlier brake points !!! . Loads of grip, a little understeer, and it sounds better than the BMW,which I thought sounded like a Hair a Dryer lol
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  10. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I think they recorded the sound with the windows down
    DekGT5mad and BERNSY001 like this.
  11. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    The Merc sounds great, pity about the understeer.
    Agree with Stu, the BMW sounds wrong, just plain wrong.
    McLaren can bite if you're too eager with the loud pedal, pretty fun to drive.
    DekGT5mad and stucar17 like this.
  12. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    I've only had GT6 for a week, any tips on quickly getting credits? looks like the McLaren will win the vote, I doubt I'll be able to afford it:)
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  13. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Try the Red Bull Jnr races.
    With the 200% daily bonus you can earn 160K per 4 lap race if you come first which isn't too hard.
    Not bad for about 8-10 minutes of racing.

I did the Motegi race 4 times in a row the other day to earn a quick half million dollars.
    DekGT5mad and stucar17 like this.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    For sure, it's easy money.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  15. Fertro

Fertro Rookie

PSN ID
    FunkadelicPony
    Remember to switch to Racing Softs for an easy victory on those races. I kept forgetting to, and then always spinning out in the Red Bull Standard races, which was infuriating over time. It'd be nice if you default those sorts of things, wouldn't it? I'm sick of turning traction contrOL AND ABS OFF FOT EVERY CAR POLYPHONY!
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  16. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    The X2014 standard pays out $2M with a 200% bonus and if you win every race. Only takes about half an hour too
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  17. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    What level do the Red Bull races become unlocked?
  18. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    looks like the car decision is there for S2 ... we should flag a discussion for ideas for tracks ....:)
  19. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    You have to complete the X2014 junior races first.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Not just yet, I will look at it all tomorrow, and work out if we have a final vote for the top 2. Gives people a chance who voted for something else to make a final decision.

I have been running a few laps in the mclaren and have a bit of an idea on a few tracks.

Stay tuned ;)