GT6 [COMPLETED] Senna tribute series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by leeboy910, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Stay away from those Malaysian airlines surge !
  2. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Apologies guys, I wont be in attendance tonight for the Senna race. Have a good one guys!
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I won't be there either, just logging into maintain 5 day bonus and then I'm off the bed, (alone) got the flu coming on.
  4. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Hi guys, something has come up at work last minute and looks like I'll be here a while so I won't make the race tonight.
    Absolutely spewing, reckon I was in with a chance at Tsukuba!

Any volunteers to host?

Thanks
  5. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    I'll be hosting Room 1 tonight
  6. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Thanks R0T0R, have a good run mate.
  7. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    DSC again nooooooooo!
  8. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    I know mate, that sucked, I felt for ya :(
  9. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Good run last night room 2. Unlucky to Anon who was driving a great race until lap 55, and smitty who dumped it on the last corner at lap 45. I don't think I would of caught you guys, although I would of been real close. I didn't really deserve the win, just lucky to be in the right spot at the right time.

My first set of tyres worked alright. From lap 5 I went into tyre management trying not to cook them, but every time smitty posted a fastest lap I just had to beat it. We traded fastest laps then he did a 53.6 so I decided to change from a 1 stop to a 2 so I could stay in the 53s for the whole race. Second set of tyres had a different idea though, as I could only just manage a best of 54.0. 3rd set were great, for a while. Dropped a 53.3 and was hauling Anon in after smitty spun, dropped the margin from 12 sec to 3 sec with 10 to go then the rears just lost grip. In 2 laps the same hairpin corner leading to back straight cost me 4 sec and I thought that was it, settle for second. Then while cruising around my name went to first and I thought Anon had dc'd, then checked and he was still there.

Was lucky win for me, but now we head to Monaco. One of my favourite tracks, so should be an interesting last round.

Thanks to all who raced last night, was great fun.
  10. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Not enough pace to hang with the fast guys tonight. Took a risky outside line lap 1 to try stay with the leaders at turn 4(? First left hairpin) and paid the price getting bumped off and dropping two corners behind the back of the pack. Tb and Rano were at it hammer and tong ahead and I slowly reeled them in. Tb made a gap and started walking away and it was just me and Rano until our stops at half distance. A couple of spins and a brief stint in front of Rano saw me back in last. When Cyber came around to lap me I thought I could use him to drag me back up to Rano but it just wasn't possible. Even Tb lapped me in the end. Didn't notice any difference in tyres, and managed a 44.7XX (54.7XX ;)) in my second stint but it was just not enough on such a short track.

Well done mik, dominating again.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  11. MINT_GTR

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Good race last night guys :) Tsukuba demands a good rhythm to have a consistent race and I was lucky enough to get that from the start off pole. Pushed hard for the first half of the race since natman and rotor were having a cracker battle and I was able to build a comfortable lead going into my first and only stop. Pitted and went as hard as I could to consolidate the FL for the race. 3 laps in and got seriously keen at the last corner and spun so wasnt making much progress. 5 laps after, I posted a 53.539 and thought I had it. Then Vardz shorty after said "natman" over the mic and I realised he had pipped my lap by 0.024. I made that my mission for the next 5 laps and threw away 3 possible laps and then tyres were too shattered. From then cruised to the finish and was happy with a solid win. Congrats to natman for a cracker lap and final podium position. :) Well done to rotor as well for for a solid run in 2nd :)
    I feel for blindman, AOcleaner74 and copperj32 though as the DSC gremlins said night night to your race, hopefully PD can be nice to us all in the final round and enjoy a full field finish :)

Looking forward to the final round, unfortunately the battle for Room 1 series champion wont get settled on the streets of Monaco since Rotor cant make it at this stage.......although "hypothetically" if I was to get pole and disconnect during the race, we would end up tied. If that was to happen, I suggest a one lap "amigo v amigo" race at nurburgring nordschliefe to decide the champion :D
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    Peter Wise likes this.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Get the results to me and I'll update the tables.
  13. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    My race was typically being run at the back of the pack. After a cautious turn 1, I was at the back of the pack. Not long after Ad2 found the dirt and gifted me a position. The next few laps were trying my best to catch TB, but he just slowly pulled away.
    Towards the end of the 1st stint, Ad2 eventually caught me and passed me. As I followed him into the pits I caught a bit of grass and sent the car into a spin and found myself back on the track.
    As I came around the bend, I thought I could just duck back into the pits before the cones, but like my ex on a bad day, I was spat back out and forced to do a lap of shame.
    2nd stint was just playing catch up as I was quite a while behind after the pitting incident. Managed to run my most consistent effort at ROOZ by running 54's lap after lap. That effort allowed me to start seeing Ad2 back within sight and getting closer and closer every lap.
    I was there to take advantage of his spin and from then on didn't look back. Although a late spin at that sharp right hander had me a little worried as a blue dot was fast approaching as I was coming back on track, luckily it was only Cyber coming to lap me.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  14. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I had to do a lap of shame kinda to was right behind you when it happen considered going back in, but when i got spat out i was still doing like 160 so i continued on
  15. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    I had a shocker of a race. That many dsc's while trying to practice and qualiy it wasn't funny. Started at the back and managed to get my way to 6th after a few laps. Moved into 5th when Blindman dsc'd in front of me. Held onto 5th for a while with Vardz putting the pressure on every lap, That became to much for me as I managed to get too much kerb (cant remember where) and off I went relinquishing 5th position to Vardz. Managed to get back on in front of Dr_Twist but that didn't last long and off I went again. Held on to last pretty convincingly for the rest of the race while getting lapped by Mint 4 times. with 3 seconds to go and still a lap down i got disconnected again. I probably should of given up and gone testing in the mazda with blindman and a few others. One positive for me was that I managed to get a lap in the 54's..yay :) as it was in the low 55's mostly.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  16. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Been having trouble with this car since the new wheel arrived. FFB isn't right and I can't adapt to it. Shouldn't complain, still got to the pointy end, and can't take anything away from Mik, too fast on the day. Qual'd 4th and found 3rd due to Cyber having a massive off. Tried the undercut on Smithy with success, but drove like an L plater the next few laps and we cost each other plenty of time trading positions and paint.

Sadly the fun ended when Smithy spun coming onto the straight. Just needed to keep Mik at bay after that, with him doing a double stop and running in clean air he had the gap falling fast. But bloody GT6 and it's new T500 dead zone at the straight ahead!!! Every now and then the wheel would go light when exiting a corner, but if I re-centred it, it would come good. Then lap 55, fudge!!! I decided to push for one more lap and then try and drive a little more conservatively, but turn 3 I felt no FFB from the wheel as I exited the corner, but quickly realised I was in a slow spin heading for the infield - give me some counter-load GT6!!! A 5 second lead became a 5 second deficit, and Mik never looked back. I think you would have been on my bum by the last lap without the spin Mik.

TBH mate, you deserved it, pole, FL and just unreal consistency in this car. And no practice. Look out for this boy in S3!! Results:
    [​IMG]
    Cyber_STIG_77 and Ad2mny like this.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  18. MINT_GTR

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Result for room 1:
    Pole - MINT
    FL - natman

Race results (I think there were 7 finishers)
    1st - MINT
    2nd - Rotor
    3rd - Natman
    4th - Oblisc
    5th - Vardz
    6th - dr twist
    7th - copperj32 (DSC with 2sec to go :()

DSC or DNF- Blindman, AOcleaner74, rem-700 :(

Sorry for the delay emmo, going off memory so apologise if i forgot anyone in room 1, will need confirmation from the other room 1 guys that the results are right then we are sweet
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    Blindman and emmo46 like this.
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  20. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Tsukuba.... A track I just couldn't string together any speed at all... Starting the grid from 4th I knew I had to get a great start...

Into the first corner I somehow got myself into 2nd, with a few battles going on behind me until it settled down.. Natman had clearly more speed than me on that combo and was being a pain in my bum for 27laps! On lap 28 he got past in the first hairpin but it looked like he got too hot on the loud pedal and gave it a spin right in front... You did a great job until then mate :)

After that it was just trying to have a smallest gap to MINT as possible... But it was impossible of me to close it down, once again, just too Fast.

@MINT_GTR good job mate, good win.. Too fast for me..

As for the series that's me done, I will be in Melbs for work this Thursday so wont be able to attend.

Championship is done and dusted, Congrats MINT :)