Division 2 (S6)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by carn_the_pies, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Is it a long weekend in all states? If it is there may be a low turn out
  2. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    nope, only Victoria and TAS I think..
  3. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
  4. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Gonna be running late, hopefully i get there in time to race. If not, good luck all
  5. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah fellas i'm not going to make tonight PS3 shat its guts again. ( operators error :mad: )
  6. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Only 7 showed tonight, a few out with ps3 troubles. Anyway Stu won the round, I think that bumps you up to second in the championship. Congrats.

I got the perinal 2nd, :(

Annon rounded out the podium with slight pedal problems.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Was a good race tonight guys. Bitter sweet with so many front runners missing and anon not having pedals that worked properly, but a win from pole, was pretty satisfying. It's always nice to beat tek though....!!!

I nailed my pole lap with a 56.2, and then had a good scrap with topcat, and anon for a few laps.. Not sure if I should apologize or not topcat for our ghosting episode at the chicane on about lap 4??? I saw you have a dive and by the time I tried to give you room we were exiting after ghosting through each other. Not much room through there !! Thankfully no harm done.

After anon and topcat had some small issues I had about a 7 sec lead over Tek, I stayed out till everyone had pitted and then I came in on lap 10. I had managed to stretch the lead to about 9 seconds and then it was just a a case of maintaining the gap. On lap 12 I pushed the new tires and ran a 55.9, but then went into conservation mode, running a safe lap then pushing a little to keep it at about 7 secs.

Not sure where that leaves the championship, but congrats again anon on a Dominating season. Well done also miki, tek and everyone else for another enjoyable season of racing that had a little of everything. Close battles, frustration, wheelspin, more Frustration, more wheelspin.

Thanks again Tek for hosting what has been a challenging season with the network and Miki for doing a lot of the work as well.

Time to put the vette away in the garage and start looking for the weapon of choice for season 7!!!

Cheers
    Stu
  8. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

How about I apologise to you Stu...That wasn't a dive. More like a very sticky accelerator pedal and if I pushed to the outside of the corner we were both gone. Sorry mate. In my opinion I would rather have the brake stick as opposed to the gas. It pushes your car past the apex and directly for the sand. Very annoying!!! Congrats on a great win.
    I did however get a personal best on track though. I did a 1:55:774. 3 seconds faster than my quali time having made mistakes in quali.
  9. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Know how you feel TopCat. But I won't point fingers at my pedals for not finishing higher, Stu and Tek were just too good, too fast and above all else consistent. I also struggled with my rears in the first stint, fronts were blue and barely worn and rears were gone. Pitted on lap 8. Plus my massive spin up the hill, like a record baby!!!!
  10. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Results and fastest laps at Nurburgring GP/F
    1. Stu 25
    2. Tek 18
    3. Anon 15
    4. barra 12
    5. veno 10
    6. Miki 8
    7. Topcat 6+2 FL

1.55.774 Topcat
    1.55.998 Stu
    1.56.474 Tek
    1.57.792 Anon
    1.58.094 barra
    1.58.996 Miki
    1.59.110 veno
  11. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Well yeeeeeeeah what a season i had more down's then up's.
    thanks every1 for putting up with my BUT net :mad: , mix it up with all the room changing/hopping just trying to keep me racing (But it didn't work O'well) thank again for all the help.
    big thanks to Tek, Barra and Miki_D for all the hard work behind the scenes. Top Job boys!!!

so first congrats to all you fella's Anon the Div2 champ, (just to good this season m8 Div1 next season Good Luck M8! )
    Stu for get runners up and Tek for taking the last but not least 3rd on the podium for the season.
    lot of good times and hard racing with all you's fellas while i was in for the 2 races i got to stay.

my proudest moment of season 6 was driving off in the distances leaving Tek behind :lol:
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773

Topcat, sorry.......my missus whinges that i go off too early and i did it again thinking i had the fastest lap......55.7 is bloody quick, my 55.9 felt like one of the rare times i get it hooked up for a full lap. Sorry mate, great effort with sticky pedals.

Stu
  13. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Final Div 2 Championship Results are up.

Congrats to Anon with a resounding win, Stu just pipping tek for the runner up spot with that last minute win.
    Dougz just misses out on a podium finish with two DS's. Great effort coming up from Div 3.

Any errors let me know. Cheers guys. ;)
  14. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Congrats again Anon. Just too good this season.
    Pretty disappointed that i couldn't make the last 2 rounds. Would have been quite an effort to go from div 3 to div 1 in 2 seasons.
    Well done on the race win Stu. Also thanks to Tek for hosting and M1k1 for looking after the results.
    Hopefully i'll be back before next season starts.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah was a major bummer for you mate......a great start in a new division.

Close to being back ?????

Hopefully see you in season 7.
  16. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Thanks Stu.
    Umm unsure when i'll be back. Still work troubles and what not.
    Hopefully i'll be there.
  17. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

yea im sure you would of been in the top 3 doug, next time m8.
  18. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    What pedal Topcat. I stripped and cleaned mine 3 times on Sunday, and fingers crossed that last clean has done the trick. Accel is still a bit weird, but brake seems fine again (touch wood).
  19. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Looks like you gave Miki 8th instead of 6th for the last round.
  20. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Don't worry about it. It doesn't change the outcome. I still finished 7th overall. That's what I get for not practising and dropping to last at the start of each race.

Has anyone else noticed that when you go to watch the saved races, in the screen where you have the play/delete etc, screen it says the total number of cars and your outcome, it says on mine all season wrong the number of cars taking part. For example with the last race it says 3 cars took part yet I finished 6th.

Can anyone suggest a better way of testing cars prior to new seasons, cause all I really found with testing the few cars, was that I can drive them around a track, without a benchmark I had no idea that i'd be more than 1 sec off pace every round.

Are the F1 cars out of the question as a suggestion for the next season? Open tyre selection. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.