Division 2 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I still think the PSN servers are the main culprit to all these issues.
    My internet connection isn't great (as I have already posted in several threads), and I have my PS3 connected wirelessly to my modem/router.
    I don't bother running a DMZ and occasionally the wife and kids will surf the net (mainly facebook etc - not streaming video) whilst I'm playing online....and from all reports I have very minor lag (at worst)...and to date haven't experienced any huge issues, DSC's etc (other than my PS3 freezing one night just before a Sunday League race many weeks ago - but I think that was due to the weather/heat on the night).

Jono, do you play other online PS3 games and if so, do you ever have any similar issues with your connection when playing games other than GT6??

I could be wrong but I'd be surprised that GT6 requires such strict and stringent conditions in order to keep a successful and "relatively" issue-free connection...and that this would affect so many people (globally).
    Considering all the bugs running in the GT6 game itself I have to wonder if there are also issues with their servers (or perhaps bugs in the game that are causing the connection issues).

Online gaming will never be a perfect environment but surely it can be better than the state it is currently in.
  2. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    I don't think PD can be blamed for server issues when a vast majority of us have little to no issues in terms of performance. I feel the problem lies in the user being on an exchange that has overloaded ports, being too far from their local RIM/exchange, faulty lines suffering from interference or they're using a gateway with terrible components. I've experienced being on an overloaded exchange and it is truly awful. During peak times your latency will be upwards of 100ms when it should be far lower. Depending on what you're doing this can have zero to massive impact (in the case of GT6). It seems that GT doesn't have any sort of lag compensation (or does a very bad job of it). Just because you can play CoD or BF and have no visual stutter or start to teleport means zero. Rather the other players will see your model moving around but be unable to hit you due your hit boxes not lining up with the player model correctly.

Simple test to check for overloaded exchange ports would be to ping your ISP's website during peak time. Open command prompt and type ping <ISP address here>. eg. ping bigpond.com.

If thats not your issue then you have faulty lines or your gateway is not up to scratch.
  3. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    That's a mighty fine idea there Frzn.
    Maybe that should be part of our submission to join ROOZ - your fastest laptime and your ping rate.
    Or how about (please realise this is just poking fun!) - each divisions biggest laggers get to smash it out in there own room like "Death Race"
  4. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

see a few people didnt have the pace in the room on sunday for some reason me too!!!!!!! stupid F@#King gt6. i was doing low 2.07's and then in the room i couldnt even brake into the 9's dont know why stupid tyre :):):):) like usual i thort, all the bugs in this game make it hard to enjoy racing......sigh but what can u do. sry to frzn too for that stupid inside move when i jumped the shucain and hit u i had a laps in brain function :)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Yes indeed, I play GTAV, F1 2013, Black Ops 1&2 and I never seem to run into these problems on those games. GT6 is the only game where lag is an issue.
    Even games on the Wii and 3DS are fine.
  6. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    All good man, thanks for waiting. Having a great battle for the first few laps there, was good fun.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    results.....
    1. natman 2:06:933 (FL)
    2. Stu 2:07:925
    3. Joe 2:07:669
    4. N64 2:07:252 (pole)
    5. Cob 2:07:651
    6. frZnAU 2:07:999
    7. scotty 2:07:759
    8. sparklehead 2:08:566
    9. overdrivve 2:07:765
    10. Firewind ????? DSC

right about the lap times being slower, however i think like Motegi last round your lap time is more directly determined by being able to get onto the straights without fighting for position. As soon as you try to defend a little, a narrow line definitely hurts you onto the straights and that in turn costs bulk time. I was also running in the mid 2:07s in prac, but a combination of being a little safer with some of the turns and a few little battles meant my times were a little on the slow side.

Great win Nat, thats the pace that i have known over so many seasons ;)

Good battle Cob and Joe. Respect for close racing, and no contact. Another well deserved podium Joe, am glad you stayed on that horse mate. Cob, bad luck mate, understand your frustration.

Jono, couple of things........
    Well done on the championship. You said yourself that its perhaps a little tainted, and i do agree with you for the most part, but at the end of the day you still have to be fast enough to get the car up to the front regardless of the lag issues. I have no doubt however that without those issues it could possibly be a slightly different story.

Which brings me onto my next point. I was watching the replay last night from jonos in-car, and i noticed a strange anomaly with the lag he was getting. Would be interested to see if anyone sees the same thing ????

When your car lags to the side (4 or 5 times a lap generally) your car accelerates by about 30 klms per hour during the lag spike. When the car settles down, the speed reduces back to the normal speed for that part of the track. Is it possible for someone to have a look at this on their replay ? The biggest anomaly seemed to be on hangar straight, where the top speed was i "think" about 225 at the brake marker (for me the ripple strip on the left). Your speed jono got to "about" 255 during the spike. If i get time i will look at the lap times and see if this adds up as far as closing gaps. TBH, i was surprised at how fast you closed the gap after 3 spins, while i was running consistent low 8s in the race. My worry with this is that if you have 4 or 5 spikes during a lap, thats a hell of a lot of top speed advantage if it actually gives you any advantage at all. I can only assume that your own view is smooth and the speed seems normal ???

Anyway, off to bathurst, 1.5 hrs of walls, long straights and hopefully some close drafting. We were obviously hoping the update would fix the pit glitch by now, but with Kaz and the PD team making sure we all have neat wardrobes for our race suits, the minor stuff has obviously been put on the back burner. I expect to see you all on the grid in a freshly ironed race-suit, and a color coded helmet !

We will confirm the pit regs in the next few days when Anon gets back from playing with RedBulls fuel sensors.

Stu
    emmo46 likes this.
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    congrats on your championship N64
  9. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    sounds like I missed a great race. Was disappointed to have missed Silverstone, as my preseason testing times were pretty good. Enough to keep in touch with some of the Div 1 guys.
    Looking forward to Bathurst massively. Only hope that the recurring glitch that I myself have been getting (won't affect anyone else) with the game audio dropping out completely doesn't happen on Sunday. I can hear any chat that is happening, just not audio ( i.e. the car) Very hard to drive fast laps without it. And it requires a reset of the whole game, not just jumping out and back into the lobby.

@Stu, in regards to the lag, yes, there is no issues on our end during the lag spikes. We see nothing of it until we see someone disappear VERY quickly. So in saying that I doubt very much that Jono (or myself) would gain any speed advantage, as we dont get any of the lag on our end.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks TB. The lag thing is a weird one, i suppose it could be the car getting back to its position on the track after moving to the left or right 2 car widths. That could make sense.....
  11. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Cheers Stu...Cob was not going to let me pass without a fight but there was not a single touch that i was aware of at the time...err ok i think there was one moment where i tagged him but let you both thru to redress.
    Silverstone had so much room to move around and try different lines - Bathurst however does not, so the first few laps are going to
    involve a bit of bumpercars until we spread out.
    As for the points situation it would seem that i'm stuck in the middle again so no chance of dropping a division - ah well so be it! :)
  12. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    As big a track as Mount Panorama is, there isn't that many overtaking opportunities. Once you come out of the cutting the only real next passing opportunity is not until forest's elbow. Have been in other online rooms(outside of rooz) and had people try moves at sulman, reid and mcphilimy/skyline and prob 99% of the time they end badly. Patience will be the key to making spots up here I think.
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Yeah the big straights and the corners following them are really the only chances of an overtake here.

The middle part of the track is way too technical to be having passing going on there.
  14. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Yeah unless the guy infront makes a mistake, Its not worth the risk to both drivers.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yep, its all about setting up for a pass at the chase or into turn 2 at the end of mountain straight......turn 1 at a pinch, but then you both get a slow exit and have someone behind join the party !!
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Thanks mate!
  17. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Not that im going to try it on you guys, but I did make a pass on Kenty around the outside going under the fugitsu sign, but he made a very slow exit out of the cutting which helped my situation
  18. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yes well done, N64, Warrior and Tovey have also tied up there Divchampionships as well. Only Div 3 and 4 to sort out, Not sure how things are in Div 6 yet.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I don't think a car advantage is possible when all the cars have equal stats, even with the lag, there is no way I could be gaining an advantage (when the are no cars around me). At Motegi I struggled to find straight line speed to pass you, it took 5 laps for me to do so and it was off the back of an error.
    In terms of lag twitch affecting speed, I noticed the same thing on TB's car, so it has zero effect on car performance.

Cheers for the congrats too mate, I reckon you'll be in the hunt for sure on Sunday!
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Thanks mate